plate numbers

Simulator Experiencer

A few weeks ago I stumpled on MTV while flipping thru some channels. Back when I was in school, MTV was about music. Nowadays MTV broadcasts about everything except music..

If you think 'sex' is a dirty word, I guess you also have MTV behind parental control because of shows like Teen Mom and others..

Like Ghost already mentioned, sex education start earlier and earlier because kids become sexual on younger ages.  

You know what the problems is with age ratings? Age is really just a number. I know ten year olds that are more mature than some of my friends that are close of their 22nd celebration of the their adulthood..

Take for instance swearing. What good is blocking swearing on TV if the parents are swearing all the time? 

If you have a problem with the word 'sex' I really hope you don't learn to count in German because 'sechs' is phonetically the same..

And in the 9th grade it has the same effects like the words 'pie' and 'poo'. Not to mention that sex(e) is also used to denote male or female.

On the other hand, do you even know how many children are watching shows like South Park, Simpsons or the new Muppets?

Those age ratings are set by adults that have absolutely no idea at what age children become interested in sex. 

My plates read 'Get out' 'my way' (https://youtu.be/7L7bwzW6xow?t=25s - pause at 0:25). And then there is the issue of 'reality'.

While in reality a lot of truckers are simply pigs in the same way that most car garages have centerfold posters in their workshops..

In short: Sex is not an offensive word, so it should be allowed. It becomes a different matter when it would read 'f*ck {insert religion here}' as that is clearly offensive. 

My rule: If parental control of Google doesn't block a word like sex, neither should ets2mp.. 

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

in belgium u get sex education @ age 12.soo i dont see the problem.and i realy think you gonna need to look hard to find someone u can offend with the word ''sex''.

but yeah w/e realy i guess :P

I think we should stop over complicating everything here...... slightly off-topic I suppose in the grand context of things but, I have to get it out.

This, aswell as quite a few suggestions I've been reading over the last few weeks are just... "silly" in my eyes... especially surrounding kids and the internet and silly little rules. 

If you let your kids outside, allow them to roam freely, play outside, you cannot protect them from everything, it is impossible, they're going to hear some things, see some things, do some things they shouldn't from time to time, it happens. When I was a kid and I learned some new swear word my parents didn't go rushing out into the street and demand everyone I pass by watch their mouths, I was punished for using it and I learned not to do it (sure, I still swore when they weren't around :P ).

But time and time again I see communities/groups particularly in gaming trying to be some moral superior and impose these rules protecting the "kids". It's ridiculous. The fact of the matter is the average age range here is what, 16-25? Maybe even a bit older? That makes this a somewhat "adult" environment, like a pub in UK. You can take kids in sure, but it's not the best place in my opinion. 

Jesus I'm sorry... I kinda just... went off on one there, I'll.. spoiler that. I just feel quite strongly about it.

POINT BEING... IN my opinion, you should not start making rules/imposing bans for something like this. Personally as I said I think we're all somewhat mature/responsible (keyword: somewhat), I don't think a few adult words are going to hurt anybody. The ones who are going to be hurt by it, IMO, shouldn't be on the internet, but that's parent's responsibility, again in my opinion.

Problem: ets2 is offline, non violent, stupid ai that can't swear in any known language known to humans... That's how it has a everyone rating (actually I think it's 3+ not everyone XD)

Mp can and usually does have the opposite... drivers can be violent, drivers can swear in languages unknown to you and it's online... If you hit a driver they can hit back, ai's will be like "sorry master, you first"

Therefore mp should have a different different rating at last 13, but I rather 16. My preference would actually be 19/18 because kids are stupid where I'm from, I don't mean stupid stupid I mean they simply don't care stupid

Then let's insert a screen of a naked woman spreading her legs at the startup screen of ETS2MP, to be over it once and for all! :D

Just joking. Yes, your points are correct. Drivers can swear, or be violent, but that's the reason that it is forbidden. I mean i really couldn't care less about swearing players but it just isn't right with kids around. So raising the minimum age would be lame for young players under us. 

Just remember that there are kids playing this game... There are just words you don't use as name or tag.

That leads to an interesting question.

What if someone puts his first name on a plate, which could coincidently be Dick?

Would his own name be an inappropriate Name/Tag cause of the other use of the same word?

Or would that be still ok?

^well $**t lets than hope Dick Van Dyke does not come on to MP...

Then let's insert a screen of a naked woman spreading her legs at the startup screen of ETS2MP, to be over it once and for all! :D

Just joking. Yes, your points are correct. Drivers can swear, or be violent, but that's the reason that it is forbidden. I mean i really couldn't care less about swearing players but it just isn't right with kids around. So raising the minimum age would be lame for young players under us.

Than when you log in you approach the legs and wind up with Mr. TrollFace saying "you wish bud..."

Yea, but this topics been derailed so badly :P It be unfair to remove those who should be allowed to play just because a few kids cant keep their pies off the keyboards...

why has this turned from a plate thread

to a thread talking about sex education.... kinda

xD

This_Is_Internet.gif

Edit: This post is a Palindrome post :D

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Well I have D1ck Ed, but it's considered a nickname for my full name (combined with the first two letters of my surname, the rest being cut off). So I guess I have an excuse to get away with it. Loved seeing some frankly beauties while on the road. It's things like this that really makes the long drive worthwhile.

Regards,

Rich Edmonds

Been here since the beginning.

^Have a look at the rules, If you still don't get understand i'll explain ;)

Username - Kick / Ban Updated
Having inappropriate usernames including those with insults, any with no text, any with swearing in them, names matching administration, law enforcement organizations or anything similar.

Profanity - Kick / Ban

Swearing or using any words that may be deemed inappropriate or anything similar.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived