Being A Gamer Who Can't Play Game More Than 30min.

TR_S

As the title said, I can't play game more than 30min. per day.

It's horrible, isn't it? Most games require players to play a single mission more than a 30min.

I never cleared a single game. I bought The Crew about 6 months ago, and I just cleared about 1/4 of it.

Few months ago, my classmates were talking about League Of Legend. I decided to do it, but I deleted it after

discovering that tutorial would take more than 30min.

30min. restriction doesn't allow me to do better than newbie does.

I started Flight Simulator X 7 years ago, and I didn't managed to land the aircraft untill now because I wasn't able to finish a single flight.

In ETS2, same thing happens. I somehow managed to learn how to park the truck, and drive around the town.

A year ago, when I leared there was something called ETS2MP and convoy, I decided to sign up and managed to get in ETR Korea team. Few months later, I became ETS2MP Support member. I met a lot of great players.

But, those stupid restriction blocked my way.

Because of that, Usual convoy lasts more than a hour, so I wasn't able to finish a single convoy. My convoy skill was very horrible, so when ETR Korea team went into hibernation, I decided to leave the team. 

ETS2MP Support part... was a nightmare at the end.

No, No. Support thing was great. I was able to held someboy, and I was very happy for it.

However, when my parents discovered about this, they weren't happy about this.

They thought that chatting with other members of ETS2MP, and writing helps at support desk is "Dangerous"

because I don't know who the hell is he, or she.

They banned me for doing this, and started to monitor all of my Skype, and all other accounts.

Result of it?

I was kicked out of ETS2MP team.

If your close relative is going to set a time restriction, say to them to not do it.

It's absolutely going to screw up one's experiance on the net.

I'm sure about it.

Yeah that sucks mate, when I was younger (currently 16) my dad always used to say: "no more than 1 hour a day". But did I obey this rule? Nope. The older I got the more I started playing. And now due to certain things happening I don't live with my parents no restrictions at all. 30 min is nothing in terms of gaming - I do a few jobs In ets2 and 3 hours pass in no time.

Did someone remove mmy last comment? :/ Or did i just don't post it... Well, if you remove it again, please tell me why. :)

The world doesn't end just because you can't play a video ame more than 30min a day. I play way more than 30min a day, but if i for some reason should be restricted. Then i'd just go and do something else. Also it seems like they who grown up without games have still survived... 

I'm currently 14.

I'm type of student who always do the homeworks, and then go play some game.

I'm 14 and on 6+ hours

Did someone remove mmy last comment? :/ Or did i just don't post it... Well, if you remove it again, please tell me why :)

Happened to me too on another topic.

Pro Twitch Streamer > Clashin_Jon.png                                                     

Well the thing with homework first:

The things, that aren't finishable before school on that day, will be done a day before at home. If I can finish all the homework in the hour before school starts, I will do them then.

The problem with gaming? When I come home, I normally eat something, then I maybe have to do some homework, and then I usually turn on my PC. So mostly I have 8-10 hours PC time a day. It sounds really much, but mostly I'm just sitting here, listening to music xD

The parent's thingy:

My parents (well my dad, who knows everything about PC's) did restrict most of the games to me. If a game had a 16+ on it and I was 15? I weren't allowed to. The PC time wasn't restricted to a time on a day, but I had to do my homework first and then I was able to play until 9pm.

Time has changed a bit and I'm 17 now. I'm allowed to play every game, because my dad doesn't think, that I will murder somebody if I play GTA for one time xD But my PC time is still restricted from 9am to 11pm. And I don't really have any problems with it tbh :)

I would say you need to talk with your parents about it. And give them some suggestions of how they could do it :P

I had the same thing, I was only allowed 1 hour per day looking at screens.. but they stopped doing it when I was like 12. I remember playing simpsons hit and run on the ps2.

What really pisses me off now is that my sister is 9 and spends 6+ hours a day on her tablet watching minecraft videos.. I agree it should be restricted when you are younger, but after a certain age it should stop.

30 minutes sound strict however we can't see the whole picture.

Does op need glasses? If yes they should be limited. Perhaps they had a detached retina as a kid they either failed to mention or forgot about, possibly even a lazy eye.

Below article could be another reason

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4137782.stm

Also I grew up with video games and responsibility. If parents don't do anything at all kids can become uncontrollable, and I'm not only referring towards them but also the world.

Also they pay for the bills prob even the devices the op uses, gifts or not they can put limits on their bills.

Oh I've done extended gaming sessions even when I was under 18, but I bought my stuff with my own money and when I started working part-time I usually bought my own food for 2-3 meals of the day.

Op could also be unnaturally obese, which is likely due to the parents. But as stated w/o knowing everything no-one here can say if the 30 minutes is justifiable or not.

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived