You make the difference

DerAmpelmann

What is multiplayer here for?

Multiplayer is here for us to play together with real players. This was really wanted possibility and we got it as a mod for free! Multiplayer is ideal for enjoying playing with friends or strangers and making strangers your friends. However, my opinion is that we aren't using the possibility 100%.

Example situations:

There is a truck stuck next to road. You can see driver is trying his best to get moving, because driver wants to avoid going to repair. What do you do? 

1. Floor it to get fast rid of the situation. Maybe honk a little just to make sure driver won't get on your way.

2. Stop and tell the driver to press F7+ENTER. Then continue driving.

3. Stop and ask if driver needs help. Park your trailer near by and push the drivers truck with your's to help.

A truck has rolled over on the road. The truck is blocking the road. You cannot see any traffic near by and this spot of the road isn't dangerous. What do you do?

1. Brake, honk furiously and call the driver an idiot. Maybe say something racist if you see a chance for it. 

2. Stop and tell the driver to get of the way by pressing F7+ENTER.

3. Stop and ask the driver if he needs a hand and then roll the truck back up.

Someone front of you overshoots a turn and crashes in to fence. He needs to reverse little to turn. How to react to this situation?

1. Honk, insult and drive past him as there is little space do to that.

2. Stop, honk and flash lights.

3. Stop, tell the driver to take all the time he needs as it doesn't waste much of your time.

Driver is overtaking you on a highway. What do you do?

1. Speed up, because you cannot stand getting overtaken.

2. Maintain your speed.

3. Slow down a little bit to make the overtake safer and easier. Honk twice to the driver when it's safe to switch back on your lane.

Sounds pretty easy to do option 2, right? Doing it is quite neutral.

Option 1 already needs some mean behavior. You're not helping anyone like this.

Option 3 needs some effort and being kind for that player who messed up. You need to stop! Why on Earth would anyone stop? I think the answer is simple. It makes your day. You get to help that driver get back on road. It cannot make you feel worse. It only can make you feel better. Why to be the best driver? Why not to help others to be as good as you by sharing your knowledge and tips?

Multiplayer is made by developers for free. That's something we cannot thank them enough. Who in the end make the multiplayer is you. You make the difference between single and multiplayer.

(Now later when I think, the 2nd example doesn't quite work. But I hope you understand what this is basically meant for. To reduce the insulting)

Ready to go!

1. = B, trying to help the driver by pushing his truck is dangerous. 

2. = B, trying to help the driver roll back on his feet is dangerous. The best he can do is F7+Enter and resume your journey.

3. = B/C, sometimes both. First i do B and when he get nervous i would go for C. 

4. = B, and to additition i would flash my high beam to let him know he can switch back again. 

5. = x

It is dangerous to help and at the simetime unrealistic to help a truck land back on his tires. Simply let him do F7+Enter. 

1. = B, trying to help the driver by pushing his truck is dangerous. 

2. = B, trying to help the driver roll back on his feet is dangerous. The best he can do is F7+Enter and resume your journey.

3. = B/C, sometimes both. First i do B and when he get nervous i would go for C. 

4. = B, and to additition i would flash my high beam to let him know he can switch back again. 

5. = x

It is dangerous to help and at the simetime unrealistic to help a truck land back on his tires. Simply let him do F7+Enter. 

Those 3rd options may be little too far from what you can actually safely do to help in game, but the basic idea of this was to wake up people who go for 1st options.

Ready to go!

. Brake, honk furiously and call the driver an idiot. Maybe say something racist if you see a chance for it.

Perfect discription of rotterdam to me :lol:

I get what your saying about treating others tho and tbf 95% of peeps online are great theres alwasy gonna be trolls and people intent on ruining others fun ingame.

being helpful great but you sometimes get those times driving along you come up against 5 trucks trying to help one stuck truck and waiting there 20mins cos no one knows what there doing lol til a jam appears and everyone starts getting angry and start overtaking :lol:  some time its better to just f7 back and let the game and roads flow on ;)

1. 2

2. 2

3. 2 or 3

4. 3

There is a truck stuck next to road. You can see driver is trying his best to get moving, because driver wants to avoid going to repair. What do you do? 

1. Floor it to get fast rid of the situation. Maybe honk a little just to make sure driver won't get on your way.

2. Stop and tell the driver to press F7+ENTER. Then continue driving.

3. Stop and ask if driver needs help. Park your trailer near by and push the drivers truck with your's to help.

I think it's impossible to push someone's truck in ets2, you can make even bigger mess and stuck yourself...

But it's a great "quiz" anyway. Hope players won't insult each other. :D

return 0;

Author of the JobSync project.

1. 2

2. 2

3. 2 or 3

4. 3

I think it's impossible to push someone's truck in ets2, you can make even bigger mess and stuck yourself...

But it's a great "quiz" anyway. Hope players won't insult each other. :D

Actually I've helped friend after he rolled over exiting highway and got stuck on fence. 0% damage for me and my friend back on road

Ready to go!

This is a strange one seen this guy doing 13mph along the motorway so follow him for a bit then he pulled over so over took him and pulled in up ahead and put fraps on lol the mind boggles tbh fairplay to the admins being on the case lol

If I was an admin that user would have received a ban for ramming and after the 'accident' blocking the highway..

About the scenarios:

1. D -> Leave him alone, he is not on the road..

2. Slow down and drive slowly around the wreck. Per ets2mp rules, you - as a player/driver -  should know you need to press F7 + enter as fast as possible to clear the road. Not knowing the rules is a punishable offense..

3. Basically the same as #2. Overshooting a turn is the result of speeding! Reversing is a special manoeuvre that requires you to give way to all other traffic without blocking all lanes.

4. option 2. If he is overtaking me, he is driving faster than me. If he hasn't finished overtaking me and needs to make an exit, HE is the one that needs to slow down, if I got hit, I save the video (Thank Nvidia ShadowPlay ;-) and report the player for ramming..

My answers may sound a bit harsh, but I'm not online to please others. I'm online to drive my truck from A to B. If you want to help (a buddy) that is fine but I ain't a triple A service provider.

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

4. Back up a ways and hit him at 110 km/h.  This will either free him or make sure he has no choice but to go to F7+ENTER.  Problem solved quickly for all fellow gamers.

A truck has rolled over on the road. The truck is blocking the road. You cannot see any traffic near by and this spot of the road isn't dangerous. What do you do?

4. Examine the driver's username.  If you see [TR] or [TUR], talk about how much you like Erdogan and his handling of the ISIS factions in Syria.  If you see [GBR], talk about how much David Cameron is doing to help the jobless rate.  This is the best time to air your controversial political views, since you have a captive audience.

Someone front of you overshoots a turn and crashes in to fence. He needs to reverse little to turn. How to react to this situation?

4. Stop, tell the driver to take all the time he needs as it doesn't waste much of your time (but do this VERY sarcastically)

4. Speed up and block him, because Poland from Warsaw to Poznan is extremely boring and deep inside you both will appreciate how much this has made the distance fly by... hey, look, there's the Poznan signs already.

Here's my edition:

5. Scream "EFF SAHVAHN AHND ENTAH" and horn spam over and over until he finally goes to repair.

5. Ask him politely to GET THE F**K OUTTA MY WAY!

5. Laugh hardly at his misfortune

5. Do the w**ker signal to him

tosserbrown.gif

EDIT: Don't actually do these in-game, unless you want a ban ;)

2, 2, 3, 3.

Notes:

1. Righting/freeing a truck is really hard in this game due to physics and lag.  Really hard also means very time consuming which increases chances of encountering other traffic and accidents.  Therefore the player really needs to hit F7 + Enter ASAP in such a situation.

BUT

2. If someone can gets into a little accident but can quickly reverse and recover, I stop well in advance with hazards on and let him reverse.

3. When getting overtaken, I lift and coast.  If I see headlights lighting up a turn ahead due to approaching traffic, I slow down so the overtake can be completed safely.  I signal with high beams when cutting back is safe.

While I may disagree with the OP, I do agree with his motive of making MP a better place for all of us.

3. Stop and ask if driver needs help. Park your trailer near by and push the drivers truck with your's to help. (This has happend so many times :D)

2. Stop and tell the driver to get of the way by pressing F7+ENTER. (A rolled over truck is 99% impossible to bring back up, therefore pushing it will only cause damage)

3. Stop, tell the driver to take all the time he needs as it doesn't waste much of your time.

3. Slow down a little bit to make the overtake safer and easier. Honk twice (I use lights, check signature) to the driver when it's safe to switch back on your lane.

Them cliché answers though, I'm glad I'm not the one who picked 1 on all of them :>

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Want me to answer? Quote my post or use @Ediin!

Archived