I am happy to announce that i can publish my project i am working on since exactly 1 month now.
This "Project" is a program to view and edit savegame data from Euro Truck Simulator 2, wich is simply called ETS2 Editor.
In the ETS2 Editor you can edit the savegames without decrypting them, or searching for the right entries in the decrypted data files - ETS2 Editor does that already for you!
The "core" of the program is the decryption and parsing process. The editor uses a modified version of the savegame decrypter created by JohnnyGuitar on the SCS Software forums.
The process of saving and parsing these savegame files is completely selfmade and may be optimized during future releases.
If you want this program to run its recommended to have the latest Java version installed (i am working on an standalone version wich brings its own Java envroiment with it).

Download ETS2 Editor right here: http://ets2editor.fusselrulezz.tk/ (Should work fine on the game version 1.20.X)

Features:

• Overview of your profile
  • Basic editing (profile name, company name, money and experience points)
  • Ability to add, remove and edit existing radio streams
  • Possibility to check for editor updates
  • Localization for German and English
  • Backup system for profiles

Screenshots:

Feel free to post some suggestions for improvement, error reports etc. under this article.
If you want to provide localization packages, write a message towards me and i'll give you instructions how to create them.

So why you are still waiting? Go on and discover the possibilities.

Developer of the ETS2 Editor project

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i'm opening the ETS2Editor.bat, choose German, choosing my Profile and Save.

Now when thats done, this 'Huge' Error from (I think so) Java comes up.

Here a puush of it.

Hope you can resolve it  :)

So i couldn't fix or recreate the problem, i wrote a private mesage towards you where i gave you some instructions how to help me fixing this problem.

I noticed this :). I basically improved your way to edit things in the decrypted files so you can easily cheat etc. :)

The website seems to be down. Can you post a picture of the application? I like to see how it looks like before downloading it :)

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

The website seems to be down. Can you post a picture of the application? I like to see how it looks like before downloading it :)

I added some screenshots to the post :)

when i tried it i went on English and it opened a random notepad file

but i'll try it again tomorrow but i'lll probs use it more

The application is not supposed to open an file (starting notepad) :huh:

It looks nice! Maybe a small suggestion, use a comma or dots as digit separator in the bank account overview.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

• 3 weeks later...

Update to v0.2.0

I just uploaded v0.2.0 wich main feature is a backup system. Because of school i dont have the time to work fulltime on this project.

Changelog for v0.2.0:- Added a backup system- Added a option refresh in menubar- In first start, the editor wont ask you to select a savegame for your profile if only one is available- Improved parsing / decryption- Improved profile and savegame management- Improved localization / currency system- Improved dialogs- Improved stability- Bugfix for editing values for money and experience points manually (not using up and down button) wich didn't work

Hi

I've got a problem. Program always return me errors. Doesnt mater if my save game is encrypted or decrypted. I have a blank window with top menu. 

[2015-10-17 19:13:24] [INFORMATION]: Launched..[2015-10-17 19:13:24] [INFORMATION]: Version: 0.2.0, Build: 0[2015-10-17 19:13:24] [INFORMATION]: Locale (en_EN) has been loaded.[2015-10-17 19:13:24] [INFORMATION]: > Stream config was loaded within 3 ms.[2015-10-17 19:13:24] [INFORMATION]: > Profile (Dev) was initialized within 55 ms[2015-10-17 19:13:24] [INFORMATION]: > Profile (ETS2Mods.org) was initialized within 5 ms[2015-10-17 19:13:24] [INFORMATION]: > Profile (Seba) was initialized within 3 ms[2015-10-17 19:13:24] [INFORMATION]: > Profile (Trucker Seba) was initialized within 2 ms[2015-10-17 19:13:24] [INFORMATION]: > Profile (ETS2Mods.org) was loaded within24 ms.[2015-10-17 19:13:24] [INFORMATION]: > View (Layout) was loaded within 75 ms.java.lang.NullPointerException        at tk.fusselrulezz.ets2editor.profiles.Savegame.getBankSection(Savegame.java:182)        at tk.fusselrulezz.ets2editor.profiles.Savegame.getBankAccount(Savegame.java:62)        at tk.fusselrulezz.ets2editor.gui.view.SceneController.updateOverview(SceneController.java:84)        at tk.fusselrulezz.ets2editor.gui.view.SceneController.update(SceneController.java:76)        at tk.fusselrulezz.ets2editor.gui.ViewLoader.load(ViewLoader.java:35)        at tk.fusselrulezz.ets2editor.gui.GUIHandler.buildLayout(GUIHandler.java:44)        at tk.fusselrulezz.ets2editor.Controller.init(Controller.java:96)        at tk.fusselrulezz.ets2editor.ETSEditor.start(ETSEditor.java:44)        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$163(Unknown Source)        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$176(Unknown Source)        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$174(Unknown Source)        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$175(Unknown Source)        at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(Unknown Source)        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$149(Unknown Source)        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)[2015-10-17 19:13:24] [INFORMATION]: Initialized within 380 ms.[2015-10-17 19:13:24] [INFORMATION]: Started within 501 ms.

Version: 0.2.0, Build: 0

www.ets2sync.com

Synchronize your jobs with other players in 3 easy steps

qey40X.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WuAGjBQX0A

Still works fine...  :/ There must be a failure on your system - Try to launch the application with administrator rights if you are using Windows...

I'm also getting a blank window with just the top menu. I ran as admin and have the latest java installed. My game version is 1.21.x

If it shows a blank window just with the menubar it means that the program can't load the profile and/or savegame. To decrypt the savegame files the program sets in the ETS config the value for g_save_format to 2 to allow decryption, then the Editor gives you the job to start the game, load the profile you want to edit and save it again. Then you have to repeat it with every savegame of your profile. If you haven't done this it wont work.

Still works fine...  :/ There must be a failure on your system - Try to launch the application with administrator rights if you are using Windows...

Run with administrator privilages solved the problem. Now it works fine! 

Thank you !  :)  Great job!

www.ets2sync.com

Synchronize your jobs with other players in 3 easy steps

qey40X.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WuAGjBQX0A

Archived