Does route advisor mod create conflicts with multiplayer?

Arezkimo

Question

I've just found a great route advisor mod that I'm now using in my singleplayer profiles. I was wondering if it creates conflicts with the multiplayer mod, as it only changes the place and type of information the default route advisor shows, as shown in the picture. Are there any problems with using these kinds of UI and HUD tweaks in multiplayer as they don't really affect anything but how the information is presented to the user visually? I've understood other mods are prohibited from use if they require additional files not available in the game (new trucks, cargoes, maps, etc.) or if they create problems with other mp users (some of the truck and trailer tweaks) but this mod cannot really be seen other than by the mod user himself so I can't see any conflicts except maybe code-wise, hence why I'm asking.

Here's a link to the mod-page as well, if you require some other information or a short demonstration of the mod.

signature.png

9 answers to this question

^

The multiplayer mod disables all mods as a security measure, that's how it would not work.

Maintaining a list of mods that work is a lot of work, and opens for people to abuse it, by i.e. renaming the mod files to the name of an approved mod. The mods in the mods in the approved mods list are all done through save-game editing, which means they don't have to be loaded to work (some needs to be loaded in SP once first though). This leaves a drastically reduced chance of incompatibilities and crashes compared to loading mods using the normal mod loader in the game in MP, as the changes possible are very limited.

• Upvote 1

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

Hi

All allowed ETS2MP Mods can be found here - http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/6812-allowed-mods/

If it's not in the list then it is not allowed and would not allow you to connect to the server.

Regards

> Joined 29 Nov 2014 - 10 Year Anniversary <

History

Previously known as Louie G 

Former Truckers.FM Station Manager & Presenter

The thing is, I can't see how it wouldn't work on multiplayer, as all the changes it makes are client-side. That's why I was asking if there's anything code-wise in it that might break something when applied to a multiplayer profile, but it seems like I won't get an answer from here, which is understandable. I'd rather have the devs working on getting the multiplayer forward rather than answering questions like these, and to be honest, I'm not sure why I even thought I might get an answer to my question in the first place.

signature.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.