Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Beacons

Noxii

Hello Truckers!

2361-01_small.1421054103.jpg

Most of you probably have two or more of these on your trucks in-game, after playing for some time on the EU#1 server now and getting Tics from all the trucks passing with like 10 beacons flashing super fast it makes me wonder the following:

Do you know when to use your beacons?:

Do you know when beacons should be used?:

When do you think it's right to use beacons?:

When do you use your beacons?:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is what I think:

You certainly don't need to use your beacons when pulling a trailer with potatoes on A1, Potatoes are neither wide nor long that beacons are needed.

You certainly don't need to use your beacons just because you have some.

You certainly don't need to use your beacons just because you're pulling a lowboy trailer(with for example forklifts on.)

You should by any means use your beacons when pulling a lowboy with wide or long cargo on it that points out of the trailer(as long as it fits, it ships) so as long as it's inside the trailers in the game it's not considered wide cargo and no beacons are really needed. What I know there's only 1 or 2 trailers that are actually considered wide cargo in the game and one of those is this one you see below.

You should also by any means use your beacons if you had an accident and are in some way might be in the way (you should however clear the road as fast as possible), another good reason for usage of beacons can be to warn other drivers of for example a pile up or traffic jam or an oncoming accident.

These are the 3 reasons I think usage of beacons is appropriate, what do you think?

I don't know about other countries but in Norway you may face a fine for unnecessary use of beacons.

006.jpg

That's what desire is, the need for what we can't have.

The need for what's readily available is called greed.

I use beacons when carrying heavy or fragile cargo in the hopes that being more visible will make other players less likely to collide with me...

I only put 2 beacon lights on my truck anyway as opposed to like 6. I'm not sure but it seems like the more beacons you put on the truck the more annoying they are and 2 is "just right" for visibility without being annoying.

I think generally the following rules allow the usage of beacons:

1 oversized load (too long, too high, too wide, too heavy > 27t payload)

2 maximum speed of admission for the trailer (those red/white circles with a number on the back of the trailer) is 15~20% or more below the allowed general speedlimit of the road type.

maximum speeds of trailers

all low loaders/vehicle loaders 70 km/h

glass panels/floor panels (modified low loader) 70 km/h

inside loader 80 km/h

car transporter 85 km/h

silo/elevator 60/70/80 km/h

flatbed 70 km/h

all others unlimited

3 Dangerous cargo (Hazardous, atomic/nuclear, acid)

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

I have not even installed it, If eventually I had to take long and / or heavy load (rare happened), 2 pieces of them on the roof (not on grills or anywhere else !) are enough. I turn on them only in the cities, in some situations or special cases. That is for me. Nothing more or less.

And I'd like to say to all which ''decorated by dozens allover the cab like a ugly GIPSY circus'' and kept'em non stop ON - you are childish noobs without any common sense'' :excl:

Special congratulations to the author of this GREAT topic !   B)

Support, Help, Run and Shout with NATURE and ANIMALS KINGDOM!

1.pngwwf.jpg?itok=uISmlZ_l

You should never use beacons because it makes people with a shitty pc have their FPS drop even more! :)

(I use them when I go solo, in convoys we tell everyone to turn them off for the toaster-machines in the convoy)

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

I use beacons when I have a trailer with beacon, if I'm stopped/slow on the road due to something blocking the road, or if I'm parked in the emergency lane on the motorway. I turn them off for busy cities (especially Laggerdam)...

JTVL - Gold Class Trucking

• 3 weeks later...

Archived