Does anyone else not use the right mirror for this reason

_Photon_

I have a G27 but no trackir so it is really annoying to drag my mouse to be able to look my right mirror I know there is the fake mirror but it breaks immersion and takes up FPS if if it is single i just indicate for a bit so the cars wont pass and then switch in multiplayer i wont use it if no one is there but course if there is someone behind i will use it 

if you use a g27 or you have to do is set up your controls, like for me the hat buttons on my Shifter block controls my view, with look left and right (to see mirrors) up as look forward/reset camera to straight ahead, down is look to the front mirror, easy way to set up controls for cameras without trackir. no fancy keyboard tricks.

- In case of driving with a Wheel, just take a couple of buttons assigned to look left/right, like a lo of us already did (I have the arrow pad so I can look left/right and center the look with the 1st view assigned in the "up" arrow)
- In case of driving with keyboard, try to have a couple of keys near your hand which is not driving the steering Wheel.

In both cases, you can take the "indicators direction" option ON so the game looks the mirror you are pointing to with your indicators, really helpfull in most (not all) of the situations.

Finally, instead of buying a expensive TrackIR, you could try FaceTrackNoIR with a cheap webcam, it works great with a bit of illumination and patience (I have videos with it).

See ya!

lkRjRkb.png

Right Mirror is more important than any other mirror. When we can't see it due to rain, dust etc., we stop the truck, clean it and go on... 

FPS does not matter than safety. You can never get immersion from this game when your "wheel" is in front of you anyway...

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

I like having the fake mirror up so I can quickly look up at it. In real life I could easily glance towards it, I could do the same in the truck with a simple key press to look in that direction. However it's simpler to just pop the fake mirror up and look there, it also means I can still look straight ahead even if it's in my outer vision as it were.

It would be awesome to have something like the occulus rift and be able to look freely around the cabin, however I'd have to buy that and a graphics card that will be able to output high fps. One day I'll probably do this as I would really like to be able to freely look around at my surroundings and be able to do things in a natural manner.

actually FaceTrackNoIR doesn't really work if you drive with a wheel, it cant keep track of your movements fast enough and if its mounted on top of your monitor that shifts with force feedback it don't work full stop, tried and tested.

Full stop, tried and tested? Sorry mate but I tried and it worked  really well, and I think Im not the only one, just take a look at something like "Face Track No IR Euro Truck Simulator 2" in YT and you will see. In case there are doubts, I have videos too, even a tutorial about how to test it. "Full Stop"

lkRjRkb.png

Full stop, tried and tested? Sorry mate but I tried and it worked  really well, and I think Im not the only one, just take a look at something like "Face Track No IR Euro Truck Simulator 2" in YT and you will see. In case there are doubts, I have videos too, even a tutorial about how to test it. "Full Stop"

actually FaceTrackNoIR doesn't really work if you drive with a wheel, it cant keep track of your movements fast enough and if its mounted on top of your monitor that shifts with force feedback it don't work full stop, tried and tested.

I started using FaceTrackNoIR with wheel and while you get used to it it works pretty well.

Smooth shiftin brothers

• 2 weeks later...

Archived