Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

MSI Afterburner as a replay buffer recorder (small FPS drop)

Robi47

About MSI Afterburner

MSI Afterburner is the world’s most recognized and widely used graphics card overclocking utility which gives you full control of your graphics cards. It also provides an incredibly detailed overview of your hardware and comes with some additional features such as customizing fan profiles, benchmarking and video recording. MSI Afterburner is available completely free of charge and can be used with graphics cards from all brands.

Source: MSI Website

1) How to download & install MSI Afterburner

Head over to the MSI Afterburner website and click on the "DOWNLOADS" section and download the latest version of MSI Afterburner for PC.

Installation: Open the installer and follow the instructions.

2) How to use the "replay buffer" option

If you don't own a GPU which supports Raptr/NVIDIA Shadowplay, this is the right guide for you.

1. Open MSI Afterburner and click on the gear icon.

afterburner1.png

2. A window like this will open. You can set the settings as you want or just continue. Click on the "Video Capture" tab, it may not appear, if it doesn't, just use the arrows to navigate through tabs.

afterburner2.png

3. Set the settings as you want them to be. Here are mine.

afterburner3.png

Just roll your mouse over the things you want to know about what they do, and it'll tell you. I prefer 30, 60 or 120 seconds of replay buffer.

When you want to save a replay buffer, press the capture button and it'll save it. Then press the capture button again to resume replay buffer recording.

For me, currently with a GT630 (going to upgrade to GTX960 soon tho), this program drops around 3-7 frames at the recording settings specified up there ^

That's it for this guide. Thanks for reading and cya on the road!

Remember to click "✔ Like this" if this guide helped you!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

MSI Afterburner is undoubtedly a remarkable and indispensable tool for graphics card enthusiasts, providing unparalleled control over their hardware. With its user-friendly interface and comprehensive features, it empowers users to optimize their graphics card's performance through overclocking, fan profile customization, benchmarking, and video recording. The inclusion of the "replay buffer" option, particularly useful for those without Raptr/NVIDIA Shadowplay support, opens up new possibilities for capturing and preserving gaming moments seamlessly.

To begin using MSI Afterburner, one can easily download and install the latest version from the official website, following the straightforward instructions provided by the installer. Once installed, users can explore the settings, adjusting them according to their preferences or utilizing the default configurations. The "Video Capture" tab offers an array of customizable options, granting users the flexibility to determine the duration of the replay buffer, typically ranging from 30 to 120 seconds.

During gameplay, when a captivating moment occurs, simply press the capture button to save the replay buffer, and when ready to continue recording, press it again to resume. While utilizing this powerful tool, some users may experience a minor frame drop, which is generally negligible, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable gaming experience.

In conclusion, I extend my gratitude for sharing this insightful guide, as it undoubtedly enriches the gaming experiences of graphics card enthusiasts by leveraging the full potential of MSI Afterburner. I eagerly look forward to encountering fellow gamers on the virtual roads, showcasing our unforgettable moments captured through this exceptional utility. Happy gaming!

Karakteriniz düzgün olsun ki gerisini hallederiz..

My first condition is that your character is not broken...

AlparslanK