Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

GTA V on a PC

[VIVA] Savage Frog

So I've been playing GTA V for quite a long time now- its one of the very few games that me and my ex gf both enjoyed playing. I originally started playing it on my old XBOX 360 but switched to XBOX one version shotrtly after. 

Due to the fact that I spend most of my gaming time on a PC I would like to get it for my pc, but the min. requirements listed on Steam are just crrazy!

I know my PC is bad- it manages to run ETS2 in around 15-28 FPS in mid settings and 30-45FPS on FS 2015. It gets similar FPS on other less demanding games too. I know I would not be able to play on ULTRA settings- but will I be able to play at low-mid settings with playable FPS? And by playale I mean 30+

I've seen people play it on crappy PC's and it wasn't bad.

My PC specs are:

Processor: AMD A8 6600K APU with Radeon HD Graphics (I will be getting a proper- high end graphics card at the start of next year hopefully) 

3.90GHz

8.00GB RAM- 7.20 usable

64- bit operating system

Windows 8.1

Cheers

So what help do you need? im confused xD

I need an answer as to whether it will run or not haha :D

would imagine you could play on low/med settings dave once you get a better g card you can starting whacking setting up,games been hit or miss for me some times it runs great other times you wanna punch your screen thro lol :lol:

Dem graphics cards are expensive mate! Holy moly :D Cheers mate :)

300th POST!!!!

keep your eye on gumtree local dave some great cards for good prices on there and if you pick up in person you can see it running and know where they live it you gets any problems etc

my mate bought a ati 290 4gbs a few weeks back for £150 in our local gumtree :o  went round with him guy was selling 3 as he was using them for mining coins etc and it was still under warranty from asus etc

It will run with a considerable 20-35 FPS and as far i have seen, Low settings in GTA 5 aren't that much difference from High ones. The major and noticeable difference is the shadows are deeper and Darker in Ultra whilst they're like a rough sketch on low.

I have played the cracked version so yeah.. I know how it would run on low specs :)

Minimum

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz

CPU Speed: Info

RAM: 4 GB

OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB / AMD Radeon HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)

Sound Card: Yes

Free Disk Space: 65 GB

Recommended

CPU: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)

CPU Speed:

Info RAM: 8 GB

OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB

Sound Card: Yes

Free Disk Space: 65 GB

also here you can test your pc

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/grand-theft-auto-v/12455/?p=r

^ i think your better of getting a gtx 660 in that case cuz it has SLI and Displayport the 750 ti doesnt have those

The 660 is certainly a better option than the 750Ti (as long as you don't mind older hardware), but SLI really isn't a selling point that should be used on those sorts of cards. It's just a waste of money really. You should really only have multi GPU setups with high end and enthusiast cards (x70 and up)

Sure, it's good to get high end performance from two mid range cards, but if games don't support SLI then that second card is useless. In some cases, multi GPU setups can perform worse if the SLI support is poor.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived