How to use TSNotifier - Useful for Admins.

MikeOG

Hello Truckers!

Today I am going to show you how to properly setup Teamspeak Notifier (TSNotifier). I've been using this program for years now. I love it and used it specifically, when I was a teamspeak admin for other communities. I love it too, because if you aren't use to peoples voices yet, this program will show you everything. I never really liked overwolf so, if you don't as well this is a good alternative. I would also like to throw in here that it will show you messages from teamspeak as well in game such as all the chats and pokes that come in.

First step:

You will need to go to the Developers site located at http://tsnotifier.cfxxl.de/ . The site looks shady, but it is their official site. The next step is to naturally install the application. You will need to make sure that you have one of the versions of DirectX for this application to work. 

After you are done installing, it is time to set it up. You will have to locate the folder that you installed the application in to start the program. You can find the location, by going to the following.

C:\Program Files (x86)\TS Notifier

Right click on the TSNotifier application and run as admin. You will then see the TSNotifier icon in the bottom right of your taskbar.

fJEoxgQ.png

Right click on the icon and click on edit gamesettings.ini

Here is my gamesettings.ini.

[default]d3d9.hookMode=0[gta_sa.EXE]game.enabled=1[eurotrucks2.EXE]game.enabled=1[conhost.exe]game.enabled=0[UpdHelperPlugins.exe]game.enabled=0[ts3client_win64.exe]game.enabled=0[tsnotifier.exe]game.enabled=0[Setup.exe]game.enabled=0[TSNotifier.x64]game.enabled=0[samp.exe]game.enabled=0[Explorer.EXE]game.enabled=0[DllHost.exe]game.enabled=0[sihost.exe]game.enabled=0[NOTEPAD.EXE]game.enabled=0[delegate_execute.exe]game.enabled=0[chrome.exe]game.enabled=0[WerFault.exe]game.enabled=0[RunDll32.exe]game.enabled=0[processlasso.exe]game.enabled=0[taskhostw.exe]game.enabled=0[playstv_launcher.exe]game.enabled=0[playstv.exe]game.enabled=0[plays_ep64.exe]game.enabled=0[3dsmax.exe]game.enabled=0[LMU.exe]game.enabled=0[cleanmgr.exe]game.enabled=0[WSCommCntr4.exe]game.enabled=0[Skype.exe]game.enabled=0[WinRAR.exe]game.enabled=0[Steam.exe]game.enabled=0[steamwebhelper.exe]game.enabled=0[MusNotificationUX.exe]game.enabled=0[csgo.exe]game.enabled=0[GameOverlayUI.exe]game.enabled=0[Install ETS2MP.exe]game.enabled=0[Install ETS2MP.tmp]game.enabled=0[launcher.exe]game.enabled=0[eurotrucks2.exe]game.enabled=0[ApplicationFrameHost.exe]game.enabled=0[vlc.exe]game.enabled=0[TeamViewer_Setup_en.exe]game.enabled=0[TeamViewer_.exe]game.enabled=0[TeamViewer_Service.exe]game.enabled=0[TeamViewer.exe]game.enabled=0[SndVol.exe]game.enabled=0[TabTip.exe]game.enabled=0[SynTPEnh.exe]game.enabled=0[Dxtory.exe]game.enabled=0[notepad++.exe]game.enabled=0[PaintDotNet.exe]game.enabled=0[ETS2TripLogger.exe]game.enabled=0[mmc.exe]game.enabled=0[mspaint.exe]game.enabled=0

Any game that you want to and you want to see, who is talking and or see, who is channel hoping, then edit the gamesettings.ini like this.

[Process name here.EXE]
game.enabled=1

That will get the game working in game, now lets talk about organizing the game text, while in game.
Right click on the tsnotifier again and hover over the "General" tab. Make sure the show self and up to show speaker are checked.

Next click on tsnotifier again and hover over show speaker position check where you want the chat to show.

Now, the part that is useful for the admins on the server. You can pretty much see anything that is going on in teamspeak, channel hopping ect. Right click on the tsnotifier and hover over general, make sure the two show log options are ticked on. You can adjust the log position and colors same as the people in your channel by right clicking tsnotifier and clicking on colors.

The end outcome will look like this.

0v7KxuX.png

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/17/2018 at 12:24 AM, 63e Zen said:

I personally do not use overwolf. There was a good ts overlay but haven't been able to find it. I believe the developer stopped supporting it.

+1, 

Overwolf is working really weird sometimes and it uses a lot of PC resources, as for me. TS Notifier is much more stable and lightweight!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

This guide has been locked and archived due to it being very outdated as we don't use Teamspeak anymore. Also note that this whole addon for Teamspeak has been replaced by Teamspeak themselves with Overwolf.

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Ban Appeal | Website Report

Schak Bruijn

Views expressed are my own and do not represent anyone else.

Archived