Any gaming wheel that has 5 full rotations lock to lock?

ws353

Is there anyway to mod a driving force gt to double the steering lock?

You will probably run into some driver issues if you mod it to support more than the spec.

The closest find is Thrustmaster T500, very strong FF, 1080 degree lock to lock, There are no steering wheels at the moment, which has bigger angle than that.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

Is there anyway to mod a driving force gt to double the steering lock?

Modding is not the correct term here, but you need to buy yourself a 900-degree wheel and take it apart. Than by using sprockets with a 2:1 ratio you can create a 1800-degree streering wheel. But you won't find 1800-degree wheels on any modern truck. Adaptive power steering makes you're wheels turn faster on lower speeds. But if you want to drive a classic 60s or 70s truck, such a wheel would be a lot of fun.

The commercial vehicle sim world is not small, but it is way out of budget for any ETS2 player. You can buy a proper wheel, but don't be surprised if you have to pay 1 to 2000 dollar for any a wheel with only two levers on it.

Question is, how much are you willing to pay and how good are you with you're hands to modify those parts. For connecting those part you could use software liek SIOC from OpenCockpits. It's mainly targeted towards flight simulation, but it wouldn't be hard to make it work for ETS2 as ETS supports multiple input devices. I use ETS2 with a GT27 wheel and a CH Products Throttle Quadrant. Not only do I have a parking brake lever, but I also have 12 additonal buttons that way.  SIOC can emulate multiple joysticks. In Windows a joystick can have up to 32 buttons. OpenCockpits also have a module which allows to to map a button to a keypress (http://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/usbkeys-card-p-53.html?cPath=21_35).

You're main problem would be that not everything in ETS2 can be assigned a joystick button. For instance you can map the prev or next button of the radio to a button, but play and stop cannot be mapped. It is impossible at this moment to turn off the engine with cutting the power. Than you need to write an ETS2 module which can read variables from the game in order to light up you're dashboard.. 

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

1800 degrees lock to lock.

no way is there a wheel with that degree of rotation on it in the world, besides 1800 degrees is realistic sure, but whats the point? whack up a G27 to full 900 degrees and let rip, no manufacturer of wheels I think will ever make a wheel that far over 1000 degrees of rotation anyway, you look at the number of good simulators that allow for steering wheels compared to the number of racing simulations out there, try playing iracing, project cars or assetto corsa with 1800 degrees of rotation, youll get mullered out their, hence the max is between 900 and 1100 degrees.

@videogamer192, if you were going to cut a semi in half and use it for gaming which would you use, peterbilt, kenworth, mack or freightliner?

@videogamer192, if you were going to cut a semi in half and use it for gaming which would you use, peterbilt, kenworth, mack or freightliner?

i don't have the room or the money to go out and buy a used semi to chop in half but if i did i'd chose the one with the most comfy seat and the least stained cause who knows what happened in that truckers cab

YouTube_logo_2013.svg.png

i don't have the room or the money to go out and buy a used semi to chop in half but if i did i'd chose the one with the most comfy seat and the least stained cause who knows what happened in that truckers cab

hahaha fair enough, id probably go with an old school Peterbilt 389 cab with nice black leather seats.

One(1) easy vinky vink is that you buy/get/steal(or have) older microsoft 900dgs sidewinder which has great gear to pontentiometer system like cheapish gt or G series has, only but here is, that you`ll need to open it and take locks away and modify light sensor that normally tells when it is in straight position.   Like this guy has done, just like me(though i had 20€ crap wheel as basis, which I modified to have loonger flap gear changers and 50cm american style driving wheel)

I have the 1080 degree Thrustmaster T300 GTE. However, it isn't that much different from a 900 degree like a G27 or a DFGT. To be honest, i regret buying the T300 when i already had a 900 degree wheel which was the DFGT and that was perfectly fine. However, as awesome as it would be to have a 1800 degree wheel, it's just not worth it in my opinion.

If my comment helped you in any way, or you found it funny, click this button ↗↗↗

76561198170110153.png  Truckers.FM No.1 Trance and Dance DJ  SCS Closed Beta-Tester 

Archived