Convoy drivers

.StεvƐ.

Im just wondering here why convoys don't seem to have any rules governing what they can do, where they ca park and how the act towards other drivers, some convoys ive come across on the open road either block ALL lanes on the dual carriageways and wont let you pass or they all stick in one lane till youre halfway by and then they decide to change lanes right into you even if you give them proper warning i.e. blow your horn. some convoys are good and stay clear of traffic and don't do stupid things, but theres a lot who just yolo around the place or get mad whenever you pass them correctly, does anyone else find this?

p.s. just as a side note ive been wondering if anyone bothers dipping their high beams at night whenever theirs oncoming traffic, ive met so many people, including convoys, who don't bother dipping their lights.

I see where you're coming from with this, I've had the same experience where convoys are using the highways/motorways and will just merge lanes right infront of you causing you to crash. I have also had experiences of convoys sitting inside the repair place thingy. So yeah some stricter rules need to be put in place.

Yes This Is A Rainbow, Problem?

I for one nearly always drive with my lights on (be it parking or headlights), but only use my high beams for signaling. However, I can understand perfectly where you're coming from with the convoys and their seeming disregard to rules. There should be some rules for convoys; don't take up the whole highway. Don't block (an obvious one), drive at a moderate pace so other players can SAFELY overtake them.

signature.png

I do turn off my high beams when you should in real life, but some players want their entire warehouse rave light setup on all the time. And convoys are stuck to same rules as everyone else, it's the same issue with the in game staff stretched out too far to handle every case

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

I drive with my high beams all the time when its dark, I blame my poor 2008 monitor for it, its not bright enough that I would be extremely dangerous if I drove with just the normal lights at night, also medical problems with my eyes that affect my vision so 2 problems I have to solve by using high beams at night.

For convoys, I don't know where to start, I could write a book on their bad behavior, stricter rules need to be enforced for them.

76561198104067447.png

As many here will know the VTC I am in host a lot of convoys, I have driven in them and been controller many times. We do have rules in place asking for drivers to remain in 1 lane at all times, but unfortunately, this rarely ever happens, even with our convoy controllers sending out reminder messages when they see people offending and/ or recording and reporting after the event.

Unless an IGA happens to come across the convoy, there is little that can be done about the issue, but as we know, IGA's are very busy and would never have time to babysit a convoy.

Soarfly Haulage VLC Driver

As many here will know the VTC I am in host a lot of convoys, I have driven in them and been controller many times. We do have rules in place asking for drivers to remain in 1 lane at all times, but unfortunately, this rarely ever happens, even with our convoy controllers sending out reminder messages when they see people offending and/ or recording and reporting after the event.

Unless an IGA happens to come across the convoy, there is little that can be done about the issue, but as we know, IGA's are very busy and would never have time to babysit a convoy.

then a new plan of attack has to be implemented.Regular run drivers should not have to put up with this and should not be banned for becomming upset with this problem

then a new plan of attack has to be implemented.Regular run drivers should not have to put up with this and should not be banned for becomming upset with this problem

No-one can argue there, the only thing I could think of would be a new team of 2/3 dedicated IGA's to take care of convoy's, but I don't see that happening (I guess we would have to go to the suggestions area to find out). 

Soarfly Haulage VLC Driver

some convoys you see on the road do drive okay, they stick to a consistent speed, one lane and let you pass, but ive had too many incidents where a convoy has blocked all lanes and travelled at 50kmh on the highways, the amount of wrecks that seem to occur are mind boggling just from a convoy going through, sure you can say its a rare thing to see but when theres more and more convoys out on the road it happens more often then not, as people say, even if you record what happens its a lottery as to who gets banned at the moment, depends on who decides to send in a report first (which is absolutely wrong) if drivers in a convoy cant stick to simple rules like keep up to highway spends or at least 90KMH, stick to one lane only and allow normal runners to pass cleanly, then there wouldn't be such a problem, although it bugs me when some convoys decide to start off in either Rotterdam or Amsterdam, the 2 worst places for lag. 

as for head lights, its fair enough to say that your monitors crap for it and all that, but I have eye problems yet drive perfectly normal and dip my lights for traffic, but 8 out 0f 10 people don't bother and 2 out of 10 sometimes don't even have lights on at night.

I think convoys are stupid :D but that's me,there are guys who like it,it just beats me why they do :P what ever floats your boat i guess

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

its not only who participates in them, its who is in charge, if that person is strict about it all and keeps everyone under control, then fine, but most convoy leaders just take off at 110KMH and leave everyone else to do whatever as long as they go the same way, convoys are okay as long as theyre managed correctly, even if that means assigning people a number in the line to avoid overtaking stupidity, its all well and good when its 2,3 4 or 5 people in the convoy, but when its 10, 15, 20 people in them it just gets dumb, especially on the more congested roads. even more so is the convoys that HAVE to start off in Rotterdam or Amsterdam, they just make the lag 100x worse, especially with the noobies using their beacons all the time, its so nice at the moment with less than 1500 people on the server at anyone time, even Rotterdam isn't such a bad place currently.

Have done a few convoys now and have to say the big organised ones run pretty smooth seeing as there usually 100+ trucks in them i dont see hardly any problems,but when you see the spur of the moment convoys happening in a city thats where ive seen problems ie running red lights blocking roads etc

as for the lag its expected same as when you play on a 64 player fps server etc not sure how people dont enjoy convoys myself always thought that was the fun of truck driving games.

I'm still suprised that convoy leaders (and planners) don't seem to understand a couple of important things.....

For one (atleast that goes here, and for the few military convoys i've been part of out of contry), a caonvoy can't just keep up to the highway speed, it's not allowed to go faster than 70km/h....

And, second : There aren't any military convoys ingame, so they have to follow a bit different set of rules ( military convoys really owns the road btw :P ).

That being said, as a non convoy driver, we're not allowed to go inbetween 2 convoy trucks.

Witch means that the convoy planners needs to breake big convoys ( 10+) down to more managable units (not more than 10), to awoid making a que on onramps and intersections.

They also need to plan were the convoy shal stop to let other traffic pass, when not on multi-lane roads. And those stops needs to be quite frequent ( i'm not talking about every other km, but other trucks shouldn't need to stay behind a convoy for more than 6-7 minutes, ie= the stops needs to be @ about 6 minutes )

And, ofcourse, keep in mind that as a convoy, the speed they can keep is restricted......

As for th eop's remark on high beams :

I use them @ night, and my greeting to passing drivers at night is to dim them... I also dim them when i'm being overtaken by another truck, or i'm getting close to the truck in front of me.

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

I've seen some pretty organized convoys before, but I've also seen terrible things... If you take it serious, you "legalizeyour convoy.

Mostly those convoy "security" gets me crazy, blocking entrances and exits are not the way to get your copany a good reputation.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

oh @scarface

ive seen plenty of 20- convoys out and about since 1.20 released and mp has been running at less than half capacity on eu1 yet these convoys have guys who are bobtailing (no trailer) sitting at junctions and blocking the roads most of them are only like 3 or 4 strong convoys who make it through the junctions in less than 30 seconds, not to mention the guys whos convoys decide to stop, then pull out on dual carriageways and take up both lanes of traffic when theyre travelling at less than 50KMH. im not against convoys as I love the principle but when guys either drive like idiots and overtake at the most ridiculous times, stop in the middle of the road or just do troll things like let you pass only to speed up and leave you on the wrong side of the road on single carriageways is just getting stupid, I don't mind it if large convoys with more than 20 trucks have people stopping traffic on bad junctions such as the four way outside of Mannheim because that junction is just bad when people don't even bother to brake coming down the hills so I understand blocking that junction to allow a larger convoy through, but for convoys that consist of less than 10 trucks with trailers its dumb, their should/needs to be stricter rules over convoys and how they run, like the large convoys ive been in where everything runs amazingly and no one crashes etc.

So far I've had good experience dealing with convoys on the roads. Even when I first started playing and took a turn to quick and ended up driving off the road a little bit they stopped and asked if I was stuck. The most I've seen was only 8 or so trucks and they all stayed in the right lane if possible. They tend to go a lower speeds to stay together. The solo drivers that are in such a hurry for idk what reason are the drivers I have problems with. 

Most drivers I've come across don't use high beams. I use them sometimes but always turn them off as soon as I see an oncoming truck or if one is in front of me. Honestly I see way more IRL drivers keep their high beams on probably because they are unaware of the law for them. They just think "oh this setting is way brighter. Ima use this from now on". And then there's the ones who don't care because it's not enforced.

Archived