Friends/favorite players on top the near players list and little groups synchro

Dood_

Suggestion Name: Friends or Favorite players

Suggestion Description: We could friend or favorite someone, then he could be on the top of the near players (easier to catch up friends when driving together, espiesially when suddenly there's 10 players, or in city). In future synchronized jobs (origin and destination (city)) and GPS waypoints (if possible of course).

Also:

I actually thought of a suggestion similar is were there is a little friend icon thing next to people who are your steam friends

Perhaps inserting a divider into the TAB list with friends in close range and of none is hide the divider. So your friends are actually seperated from others.

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: Easier watching distance between friend(s) when driving together, easier server-side job synchronization (I think) and many possible reasons that may pop up in future.

• Upvote 1

Smooth shiftin brothers

Perhaps inserting a divider into the TAB list with friends in close range and of none is hide the divider. So your friends are actually seperated from others.

It's a nice idea which can be very helpful :) Especially when the area is crowded.

+1

• Upvote 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

I actually thought of a suggestion similar is were there is a little friend icon thing next to people who are your steam friends

but im lazy so i've never posted it xD

But i think this is similar to what i thought

Forgot to put +1 cos i like it and it'll be so helpful 

You took words out of my mouth (Instead that my idea, even if it's pretty near of what you, Scarface or the OP tought, is to have the friends in bold and colored writing), and to manage that in safe conditions we could have a tab in the setting's window were we could manage our friends (We would add them by their ETS2MPID or their SteamID64). My mark is in the quote....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is not a bad idea, but i will give it +1

The only issues i forsee with something this, is the server would have to store your friends list and has to check each time they come on to see if they are here or not, alots more data storage requires on the server's database for this to happen

+1 but wondering how devs can just highlight friends on steam when there is actually no friend system on ETS2MP game servers.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Maybe the tablist should have a dropdown so you can choose how you want to sort the nearby players list.

For instance I would like to filter all traffic in the opposite lanes and whether a player is in front (positive distance) or behind me (negative distance).

I don't have friends, only competition ;-)

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

• 2 years later...

A similar suggestion has been created before. It is not needed to separate them from others since yo usee little green (or another colour depending on whether you customised it) dots on the route advisor and minimap in the truck. Also, the development focus is currently drawn to something more important.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.