Trailer Shunting

Suggestion Name: Trailer Shunting

Suggestion Description For new players that cannot reverse good they drop it in a drop zone then a guy that is good at reversing he parks the trailer the shunter gets the parking fee then the driver gets all the rest. Such as My friend tried reversing over 10 times and I was getting bored if I could park his trailer for him it would be alot faster . Also make it only available to people with over 30k miles traveled and over 30+levels because they have more experience.
Any example images
Why should it be added?: To help other people reverse such as friends. Also This is what clogs cities up people trying to reverse for 20 mins and still fail to

Thanks for reading :)

Sorry but I dont really like the idea of this, I know it may be hard for some to park their trucks but they have to learn it by going into singleplayer and trying or watching a guide on youtube. Thats how I learned how to park the trucks is by youtube guides Im going -1 with this sorry.

Yes This Is A Rainbow, Problem?

Those vids are so unrealistic in real life all the trailer suzzies would have snapped or disconnected

Because my dad is a truckerr in real life i know what angles to do it at 

How are people going to learn how to reverse a trailer if they constantly have someone else do this for them?

Sorry, this isn't really an issue.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

I think it should be up to the individual, if he wants to park his own trailer thats awesome,I take great pride in doing better with each back in,I do wait my turn and wish others would learn that as well ,As far as assisted parking,I know that does not happen in the real world,So that being said i  enojoy doing it as close to real as I can,The practise is worth the effort,But ,I wont sit here and say the ideas that have been mentioned in this post are not good ones,As I said in the beginning its up to the driver how far he wants to take this hobby.Happy trucking.

One last thing ,I dont know how many posts you see putting down rules of this game.Everything in this world has rules and i cant imagine what driving  without admins and the rules they strongly encourage us to follow.Thank you for all you do to keep the wheels rolling.Lets remember that they dont get paid to do this,They do this to make our Hobby a better place to enjoy it 

Ok im done 

To me it's a really bad idea, we're in a truck simulation, do you think that IRL the truckers just drive and when they arrive in the compagny they let another man to park the trailer. Of course not, being able to park a trailer is part of the truckers life, so to me it's a big -1

I wish there could be some arcade trucking game with multiplayer so all the racers or more kinda casual gamers could go for it. Im not agree with an idea which makes a trucker not know even how to park his tráiler. A simulator is something you play to learn about a "real" thing, to try to get as close as you can to the real thing. This suggestion goes just the other way.

lkRjRkb.png

lets face it, if you suck at parking a trailer, then practice in single player a bit, it took me a while to learn to park correctly but now I can park a trailer pretty straight and normally in under 2 minutes (depending on the dropoff point).

besides if you cant park it, use the noclip to your advantage and spin around 180 and back straight in, now that's not hard to do, even my mum can park like that and she rarely drives full stop. as for auto park, a) it would just cause too many bugs with the instant move of the trailer b)how are people to learn if they can just hit enter as soon as they arrive. ive seen guys take half an hour to park, so at the very least if you see someone struggling to park, be nice and help guide them in, that's what I do at least.

To me it's a really bad idea, we're in a truck simulation, do you think that IRL the truckers just drive and when they arrive in the compagny they let another man to park the trailer. Of course not, being able to park a trailer is part of the truckers life, so to me it's a big -1

To be honest, yes! Very much so. More and more distribution companies are working with so-called quick turn around (QTA) teams. So when a driver comes back at a base, he transfer his truck to the QTA team. Then the (original) driver goes into the office and finishes the paper work, get a quick shower, have a meal and go to dispatch and get paperwork for his next shift. Meanwhile the QTA team empty the trailer or drop off the containers and than park the trailer. Then they wash the truck and do a visual inspection for any damage and perform some quick maintenance (check fluids, tire pressure/profile, onboard computer diagnostic messages, etc), fuel up the tractor and if needed get a new trailer and cargo and park it back in front of the office.

The main reason is effiency on the yard. Crane/forklift operators have now less traffic to worry about and everything is more streamlined.

Also because the driver is not behind the wheel, technically (according to the law) he is resting.

But any real life truck does not how to reverse and park a truck. In order to get a HGV (Heavier Goods Vehicle aka double trailers) certificate you need to be able to reserve the combination in a bend.

But if you want a real challenge: Take a look at the final of the Young European Truck Driver competition final: 

But to conclude: -1 for suggestion.

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

There is one positive and one negative. The positive being that many people cannot park trailers and it would be good for others to help but the negative being that the company zones may become full of random trailers and get cluttered if no one decides to park the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...

Hey,

After careful consideration, we have decided to not implement this suggestion at the moment. We feel that this is not a priority at the moment and we also feel that there is not enough demand for this to be added.

I hope you take this decision on board. Feel free to suggest it in the later future but at the moment, it is a no. :) 

//Rejected