Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

1.20 is nearing!

xhavefunx

I citate from SCS's blog:

While the ETS2 team is preparing some cool stuff for you for early next week (as the upcoming update 1.20 for Euro Truck Simulator 2 is nearing release, we'll have interesting things to divulge), the American Truck Simulator team still has a lot of work ahead of them to release their project. We are always getting asked to show more of the game, so let's make this blog post just such an opportunity...

I'm very curious! What do you guys think 1.20 will bring us? I personally think we will finally have the rigids we've all been waiting for. I'm excited    :lol:

I heard the Reno T jk :P

Well, there are Renault T skin files and sound files in the game files already :D

And I have also heard that they are bringing the new MAN to the game :P

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

I hear that they might bring one new truck withoin the next couple of updates and by 2016 theres going to be another map dlc with new trailers and possibly yet another truck for us, kinda hope we get either the MAN Euro 6, SCANIA T series or Renault T, 1.20 is just vegetation file upgrades and a few tweaks to sounds and physics of some trucks, I think we are all hopeful for new trucks though eh?

I hear that they might bring one new truck withoin the next couple of updates and by 2016 theres going to be another map dlc with new trailers and possibly yet another truck for us, kinda hope we get either the MAN Euro 6, SCANIA T series or Renault T, 1.20 is just vegetation file upgrades and a few tweaks to sounds and physics of some trucks, I think we are all hopeful for new trucks though eh?

They will not bring back a "DEAD" truck. Scania T is not being produced for over 10 years.

MAN TGX is a face-lift and will be brought like Streamline done...

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

They will not bring back a "DEAD" truck. Scania T is not being produced for over 10 years.

MAN TGX is a face-lift and will be brought like Streamline done...

Well it would be nice to have not just the latest but the more old school trucks, especially as the T is the only scania (that I know of) that is in the "American" style with the engine in front of the cab, would certainly make MP more interesting when it comes to the smaller drop off points, more of a challenge. Also so what if the Euro 6 is a "facelift" you can say that about the MP3 and MP4 Mercs, the MP4 is just a facelift and an adjustment to the chassis over the MP3 even though it has similar engine performance.  

Facelift = All side equipments same just front chasis has design differences.

MP3 -> MP4 complete overhaul every equipment, interior, axles, sideskirts, mirrors and so forth...

MP4 is complete redesign, interior, exterior, aerodynamics, chassis, engine everything... Just because you feel not different performance in game does not make it so. 

Scania R -> Scania Streamline = Face-lift

Man E5 -> Man E6 = Face-lift

Do you know why Scania T is canceled? Because they were super unpopular and nobody bought them year by year, finally they were not produced by 2005. Unlike online communities, European truckers really hate American trucks. Beside Scania will not approve their obsolete model...

"

Facelift = All side equipments same just front chasis has design differences.

MP3 -> MP4 complete overhaul every equipment, interior, axles, sideskirts, mirrors and so forth...

MP4 is complete redesign... 

Scania R -> Scania Streamline = Face-lift

Man E5 -> Man E6 = Face-lift

Do you know why Scania T is canceled? Because they were super unpopular and nobody bought them year by year, finally they were not produced by 2005. Unlike online communities, European truckers really hate American trucks. Beside Scania will not approve their obsolete model...

thanks for the already known information. I merely put it as a suggestion if you can comprehend what a suggestion is. and if you strip away the MP4 youll find the chassis is the same as the MP3, except the addition of an extra fuel tank, it was just a facelift of the MP3 cab and body design, larger sideskirts, more aerodynamic front and cab, and basically that's where the differences end. BTW the streamline is in fact a separate model from scania over the R series as youll see in engine size and performance, fairings and interior, BTW the streamline is not a facelift as if you look at both trucks side by side they are the same, also incredibly similar to the series 4 and the P series,  and seeing as the T was so unpopular, how ome in the last 5 months ive seen more T series scanias than I have R series or Volvos.

how ome in the last 5 months ive seen more T series scanias than I have R series or Volvos.

Basically, you are in luck to live near nostalgia or bargain lovers on 2nd hands.

Scania says in press release:

Scania will soon put an end to a century-long design concept. Sales of the bonneted T-model have declined during the past 10 years and it is no longer defendable to continue developing and producing it. Production will be phased out by October 2005.

Link: Scania's T-model says goodbye (extended version) - scania.com

You can read Shrinking Volumes in Europe and Declining in Latin America parts of "Press Release"

"

Guys, this topic is about the 1.20 update. Not about the Scania T. We won't be expecting any oldschool trucks in the game soon. It is far more likely for rigids to be seen in the 1.20 update, and/or the MAN TGX Euro 6, which they have been working on for quite a while now.

or the Renault T, the sound files are already in anyway, I was talking about the T because if scs wanted to bring variety to the game instead of the new and sometimes crap looking trucks, and no one knows exactly what scania is going to license out, I mean Renault licensed the magnum and that's been out of production for a while.

Archived