Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

running on a red light [in-game rules]

khSendeR

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you serious? Then clean from the rules of multiplayer this point: While Driving in ETS2MP, users are required to follow the European Traffic laws

In Europe is it let to pass on red light, if you create hindrances to nobody?

Well, driving above the speed limit is also against the law. So practically the same thing. If no one feels distrubed, there is no need to take action

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Actually in the UK we have traffic cameras on the lights that capture people who run reds and they get the punishment so that's bs mate

Not on every traffic light there isn't. My closest cities only have a few, however I imagine in London or Manchester there would be lots more. 

Alsoits not Paranoia idiot, have you seen the messes that happen in game when people run reds? (unless YOU WiKi are one of them) it causes mayhem and people fight about it all, also we all aren't going to run around with OBS or other recorders on all the time just to capture the odd thing, no way mate.

I've never had someone run into me, and I wait at lights and go on green. As for you not wanting to use OBS, that's your call. I'm quite happy to record my trips just in case something bad happens :)

Not on every traffic light there isn't. My closest cities only have a few, however I imagine in London or Manchester there would be lots more. 

I've never had someone run into me, and I wait at lights and go on green. As for you not wanting to use OBS, that's your call. I'm quite happy to record my trips just in case something bad happens :)

first off its becoming mandatory this year my friend, I live in the rural area of the west and we have had it installed for about 4 years now. and well you obviously haven't played at peak times because the amount of close calls, accidents and ramming that happens sometimes, not to mention just because it hasn't happened to YOU doesn't mean it doesn't happen, the ETS2 world is extremely large in scale so you say, "oh it doesn't happen to me" yet in other areas of the map it can happen nearly 100% of the time. also im not saying I don't WANT to use OBS or recording software, I just don't think its logical to have up to 6 hrs of footage and not have a single thing to report, taking up hard drive space, time and not to mention stressing your PC components more. although it angers me that some admins ive noticed wont accept screenshots anymore as evidence and only want recordings, which is jut dumb, think of the little guys with the low spec PCs who cant run recording software with the game running. although the amount of dumbasses on the roads who run into me when im sat at the lights and try and push me over them are ridiculous. RED = STOP, not " eh I may as well go, im not getting punished for it" causes accident.

^ Please stop putting words into peoples mouths at what point did they claim it never/doesnt happened? It's never happened to me either, however ive had close calls, but close calls are not "happening" now are they?

As for you seeing no use in keep 6 hours of video, thats fine... OBS has a quick save function in the event of accidents (someone posted a how to), also software like Raptr or Shadowplay both have this feature, so no you dont need 6 hours of video nor do you need to record all the time. We just do it, simply "because", it does not mean everyone "has too".

Ive ran Fraps Dxtory Raptr, tell you the truth none are perfect but Fraps is the worst, it lags your game and computer like crazy, even mine. All you are doing is complaining about low stats, who cant run recording software. If you run a out dated computer then we cant help you there, and dont complain about admins requirements.

Admins can choose to accept or decline certain type of formats. Photos can show nothing with ramming as its "just" a frame. Who says you didnt ram them? Thats why videos are a big part of reports.

If a admin refuses to do anything about a report via pics that show satisfactory proof you could technically report them, but chances are it will be thrown out with a similar "what if" statement.

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

@egg-roll

Well maybe if you read into it and see the inference of what is being said, look before opening mouth mate. and close calls are still showing that people ARE running red lights, I can make it any more simple than that. and I know OBS, PLAY.TV and all them have hightlights you can use, im not stupid you know, I built my PC to my own powerful spec, hence why I don't care about FPS anymore, I have plenty to spare in MP. Im thinking about the little guy who cant affod to have a PC with a 8 core processor, and OC graphics cards in it, Ive been there with my old rig I had last year, recording software was of no use as I had like 15 FPS at max yet the game was still playable. and as for evidence, if your trailer is stuck 90 degrees up ontop of someone elses truck and them writing in the chat "hahahahaha I got you" and that's not good enough evidence then I quit being nice on MP and will just drive like an ass like a lot of noobies do. just because certain things look off, with the decent amount of skill you can show exactly what is happening with just a damn screenshot!

^ reality is most "rammers" wont say a dang thing, and not always, a picture maybe worth a thousand words but a video with 900 pictures is worth more(30fps).

Also you replied to them when they said it never happened to them and took it upon yourself to add it doesnt happen at all because it has yet to happen to them.

Never called you stupid... However dont think "I'm intelligent more then a person who bought their computer", which you gave off in that post. Sure some people dont know how but others either dont care to learn or have time to do it. Also in some places of the world its cheaper to by a pre built computer with equal stats (or easier) then buying the parts.

Also 8 cores? you have to be running AMD... unless thats a server CPU (even then...) your 8 core CPU is not much more powerful then my i5, sorry... It's only good if you have programs that are core intensive and can use all 8 cores. But the likely hood of that is slim, unless you work for Pixar Bungie etc, but then only your work computer would need to be that (possibly)

SUS0M9O.gif

The way I see it, if you run a red light, particularly in quiet areas, then what's the problem? Most of the time, there's no traffic but you should look before trying to run it because the same rule applies for a give way sign. If you fail to yield, then that's not too much of an issue unless it causes an accident. You don't even need to be the one that hit the other user, if you fail to yield and another user hits you, you are to blame and will be banned accordingly if an admin sees it.

This may be a tad off-topic but this is why I often prefer roundabouts over intersections with lights. It's safer for all parts as they have to slow down quite a bit in order to get through the junction. It is also more efficient than an intersection considering if there is no traffic, you can just go. If I'm headed out of a city in MP, I often choose a route that goes via the roundabout, instead of intersections with lights (If the given city has a roundabout that is), considering it's less of a chance to get hit by a red light runner, and you don't have to sit at red lights in the first place. 

As for it being punishable, how would that work? I guess you could report it if you had video evidence, but other than that, it would not be dealt with. Mainly because an admin usually won't be there to see it happened, and also they would prioritize reports of ramming and blocking and such over red light running. Just my thoughts. Either way, you should pay attention to your surroundings, and drive accordingly. 

@egg-roll, do you really think I care about processors? I bought mine because its just as good as an i5 piece of crap, but for a quarter of the price. also I never inferred that at all, if you want to elaborate on what I say and pretend that you know go ahead, but I don't have time to deal with you and your total backwards, off topic thinking.

@Clarksonator: that's IF an admin sees it, which is a 1;10,000 chance, not to mention if the other person files a report before you get the chance, youll probably find yourself banned first anyway, even if you do nothing wrong. people who run reds in game are dumb, sure its time effective, sure if you avoid an accident, eh no harm done right? seeing as the rules state that we should obey to EU rules of the road, yet people are allowed to run reds! at the very very least people should stop, check for a max of 20 seconds to make sure traffic is clear before even contemplating jumping the lights. although to be fair the worst junction for accidents has to be the 4 way outside of Mannheim with people coming down all three hills, ive seen some nasty wrecks on that section alone.

^ i had to re-read that a few times just to make sure what you said is what you said :D Epic!

@megadethsteve666

Explain this then?

not to mention just because it hasn't happened to YOU doesn't mean it doesn't happen

So much for my "backwards" thinking, but with how schools educate people today i cant expect anything else i guess...

The best part about your post above is the insult to my CPU... This is because you run out buy the cheapest 8 core just to equal the bad i5 "for less" but willing to spend "more" money on hydro (yea yea the amount isn't huge in cost terms, but i can still send it out your way). You then brag about it (could of left it out in your post), then hypocritically turn around and say you "dont care" about cores.

2 cores with a good GPU will run MP perfectly at decent settings, this means a used $100 (canadian)+a $200 GPU (like my 270) and you should have no issues playing MP, unless your internet connection is bad. Truth is more and more people are getting quads esp gamers. If you own this game without a quad in the house you should really stick to your consoles (not joking about this, people who complain about high spec computer games are more likely to own current gen systems).

SUS0M9O.gif

at the very very least people should stop, check for a max of 20 seconds to make sure traffic is clear before even contemplating jumping the lights

Or you can just press tab and check instantly if there's anyone else in the area...

JTVL - Gold Class Trucking

Or you can just press tab and check instantly if there's anyone else in the area...

Thats cheating. When approaching traffic lights in your car in real life, do you also hit TAB to see who's around? :P

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

if you record it, like you get rammed then they can get banned.

I have seen some people get banned for red lights but it's such a minor offence

Like the only time i jump red lights if i'm in a dead quiet place with like hardly anyone there

i do report the admins dont care  about it i report it on forum and makes it hard hardly any  admin online this makes no sence  i did ask to be a admin the answer is no go away dont ask so i dont care if i see some people being f##K d##KS on the road  i had enought of trying to help  the admins and other road users but i still love ets2 just not MP  makes no sence  in a day more than 100 users run a red light so i think it would be empty place  and with no one ingame  have a look see ur self 

76561198098873827.png

i dont seem why any body thinks the problem will end  just play single player if you love truck games  there traffic  people follow road rules ect trust me guys  MP  lots and lots other road users run a red light but when its ep rotterdam amsterdam every body camps  scared from the admin because they will have a ban i  have 6 bans 1 ban was afk i felt i was being abused for no reason  just afk really  but i know who reported me it was revon who did i was not blocking  just afk that user can still over take  me not hard  isee lots of afk do u know what i do over take simple turn the dam wheel  but i love single player playing mp lag  crazy people ect its not even fun people like it to see  stupid s**t like a truck down that not funny that called silly 

76561198098873827.png

Gardener relax there buddy and happy trucking  :)

dude but its true i know that  im angry but i just want fun  and enjoy meant here in Australia  no many gamers and all the best fun is at night 12 am at night  were there big convoys ect i  don't  have time  to join  and i don't want to join company but i try my best to avoid places like ep rotterdam  ect and in a convoy magically im always near 1 users who runs me down them i miss out on the convoy  but im sry but this things im saying is true  its not false

76561198098873827.png

I showed this video already. Say to me: is it necessary to give the ban for this violation? I agree, an accident did not happen, but...Next time this man will go on red again and will turn from a right stripe to the left, and that, who went from the left, will go straight, and he is not visible from a truck standing on crossing. And what will we see? We'll see an accident. Here all sense of expressions about that a man creates hindrances to nobody. 

Archived