Identical weather on a server.

Folriden

it would be nice to have synced whether, its so weird driving along and its thunder, lightning, heavy rain, all that stuff and someone goes by, no lights, no wipers (although i don't know if wiper movement has been synced yet has it?) although theres still a lot of people ive seen now who drive at night completely blacked out so you cant see them till youre right on them.

Rain = FPS drop...

Wipers = FPS drop...

Not everyone has multiple hundred dollars worth of gfx card. 

I do have 980 Ti btw... Still thinking for everyone else... FPS Drop = More crash from people who can not see their direction with a delay

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

@Usta. well seeing as I have a £140 GPU and it gives me 60fps pinned in all weather, and lets face it, if your PC is so bad that you cant even drive if its cloudy or if you have wipers on@? its better you don't play the game. my old PC I had 20FPS in the dry on low settings and 15FPS when it rained, yet I still played through it all even with the "delay" (although that's more down to internet connection and the amount of pixels it has the draw in for you) I personally would like to see synced weather for everyone, but have some sort of option for low spec PCs to disable weather.

BTW its not actually wipers that cause FPS drop but turning on your lights does, especially with the increased particle count and the moving light source on top.

Yes, but Devs can not do it "properly", they had to add "rain" particles themselves, and weather does not change to cloudy rain or ground stuck dry...  Rain only appears on windshield and everywhere else sunny.

Unless SCS helps them, it is better "not done" in such state. 

Beside I don't think "weather sync" is "game breaking" stuff unlike traffic lights sync.

"

Yes, but Devs can not do it "properly", they had to add "rain" particles themselves, and weather does not change to cloudy rain or ground stuck dry...  Rain only appears on windshield and everywhere else sunny.

Unless SCS helps them, it is better "not done" in such state. 

Beside I don't think "weather sync" is "game breaking" stuff unlike traffic lights sync.

what are you even on about? you sure your GPU aint broken? if youre not seeing clouds when it rains then your GPU is screwed, and its not hard to do anyway, you just intergrate it like the time is on the server, you can do it either by fixed times with varying weather pattern, (either light rain, heavy rain or cloudy) or you make it dynamic by allowing the server to get live weather data from Europe, it isn't hard at all. weather sync is a lot better able now than before Scandinavia was released. and from the way people drive at the moment we may as well do away with traffic lights anyway, hardly anyone bothers to stop for them now anyway.

^^

When it rains for me the whole sky looks murky and dark, my truck get's wet, the ground get's wet, when i look out of the window i see rain :P

so i dunno why Usta only see's rain on his wind-shield

I know right? sounds like a screwed Graphics Card if its not rendering the skybox properly, at least I have a beautiful skybox to see ingame lol

what are you even on about? you sure your GPU aint broken? if youre not seeing clouds when it rains then your GPU is screwed, and its not hard to do anyway, you just intergrate it like the time is on the server, you can do it either by fixed times with varying weather pattern, (either light rain, heavy rain or cloudy) or you make it dynamic by allowing the server to get live weather data from Europe, it isn't hard at all. weather sync is a lot better able now than before Scandinavia was released. and from the way people drive at the moment we may as well do away with traffic lights anyway, hardly anyone bothers to stop for them now anyway.

You guys must be new around here...

I was talking about "last weather sync experiment" done by MP devs, many months ago... 

Judging by your registration date, you don't even know what I was talking about... 

Long story short, Long time ago before you were registered, Devs did make it rain everyone at same time, but they could not change peoples weathers, so they did a fake rain, just making your windshield have rain particles but often in sunny weather.

"

^^ See, then you know what I am talking about...

I refused to play with Winter Mod, I geniuely hated it, but they made everyone have snow falling at first even you don't use Winter mod, then snow moved but rain stayed without changing the weather / clouds itself, it was just windshield particles. 

Basically, it is better "not done" if they would attempt similiar stuff again without ability to change weather to "bad.sii" equivalent.

"

FPS drop is manageable as low as 10fps , doesn't cause any crash provided driver goes safe and slower. Loading lag does.

Think about Rotterdamn + Night + Raining = Some low-end users face with even 5fps occasionally, but simply reducing settings and even disabling rain like I do will save you more, no matter if weather will be synched or not.

FPS drop is manageable as low as 10fps , doesn't cause any crash provided driver goes safe and slower. Loading lag does.

Think about Rotterdamn + Night + Raining = Some low-end users face with even 5fps occasionally, but simply reducing settings and even disabling rain like I do will save you more, no matter if weather will be synched or not.

Maybe if the devs add a "low quality" rain setting (Similar to the low quality trucks setting), this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

bN1fe9S.png

You guys must be new around here...

I was talking about "last weather sync experiment" done by MP devs, many months ago... 

Judging by your registration date, you don't even know what I was talking about... 

Long story short, Long time ago before you were registered, Devs did make it rain everyone at same time, but they could not change peoples weathers, so they did a fake rain, just making your windshield have rain particles but often in sunny weather.

im not new at all mate, ive been in MP for a year. maybe if youd make it less easy for people to confuse what it is youre trying to talk about....

^Yeh, but when it rains, the fog rapes your view distance (= making gpu's work a bit easier?)

im not sure if it lowers the strain on the GPU, I guess it depends on what is being rendered in on the map at that time, if the fog obscures it then I guess it can lower the stress on the GPU.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived