Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Experiences with steering wheels

Aegwynn

I'm using the G27 with FFB plugin. With the right settings, which to my feeling i have, it feels pretty realistic. The only thing that bothers me is that i can't set the auto centrate spring to a setting that doesn't auto centrate when standing still. So in stead of letting the steer centrate itself, i need to do it on my own. 

same here, I just tend to hold my wheel in the direction I want it to sit at while stationary, using a wheel is so much better for parking a trailer than trying to do it with the keyboard that's for sure.

I'm using the G27 with FFB plugin. With the right settings, which to my feeling i have, it feels pretty realistic. The only thing that bothers me is that i can't set the auto centrate spring to a setting that doesn't auto centrate when standing still. So in stead of letting the steer centrate itself, i need to do it on my own. 

But it's possible to auto centrate?

You are able to turn the spring's strength off if that is what you want. I like to have some centre spring so when I turn round for a corner I'm not able to turn it so quick otherwise I'd turn it too fast. Some force resisting against you is what I like.

Been browsing YouTube a bit more. You're using the Logitech Driving Force, right? I think I would've gone for that, hadn't I gotten such a nice price for the G25. 

You are able to turn the spring's strength off if that is what you want. I like to have some centre spring so when I turn round for a corner I'm not able to turn it so quick otherwise I'd turn it too fast. Some force resisting against you is what I like.

Yeah i do got some weight set on the wheel, but the auto centrate spring is a no go for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived