Experiences with steering wheels

Aegwynn

I'm thinking about getting a steering wheel w/ pedals and gearbox for my ETS2. Right now I'm looking at a pre-owned Logitech G25.

My question is; what are your experiences with this wheel/pedal/gearbox set, and would you recommend it? Pros/cons?

Thanks  :D

It has lack of resistance compared to a car, and the positions of it are not really distinct. But you won´t regret it! I promise ;) You need some kills to remove foot from gas - press oen the clutch - change gear. But it will be fun!

I can drive a car IRL, so hopefully the shifting will need little practise  ;)  The Logitech G25 was sold already. Looking at another pre-owned G25 now. Or maybe a pre-owned G27?  :huh:

I have a Logitech G27 and it works like a treat, I took my time learning how to use it (as i have never drove before). But if you can't afford a G27, as you said, go for a G25, they are pretty similar and I think you will LOVE it. The Logitech Driving Force GT is also supposed to be very good :D

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

I have a Logitech G27 and it works like a treat, I took my time learning how to use it (as i have never drove before). But if you can't afford a G27, as you said, go for a G25, they are pretty similar and I think you will LOVE it. The Logitech Driving Force GT is also supposed to be very good :D

Well I have a LG Driving Force GT and i can say its so Awesome.Its a new Expirience and you have to do it.Its Better than Mouse and Keyboard.When you drive with Wheel its an completly other Feeling.120 Euros Well Spent for me :D

Thank you guys  :D  I just called up a guy selling a Logitech G25 and settled for a price. So it seems I will be getting one pretty soon  :D

dude  lol when  i got my steering wheel it was amazing  i never got ban for  bad driving but with a key bored  i was ban  so yea go for it  lol im so  bored of the game  i dont want to be rude but um  most drivers like to abuse me  i cant do any thing about the lag and makes it more anoying  they ram me  so that  i get lost  i do rage quite alot   that why csgo farming sim ect is my favorite game not like they would abuse me  like how  if lets say i got lag and bumped into someone is that a ram when my ping is 390 ms in game or less or higher who know but yea lots of users get angry with me so that why so many users think its ok when no admin is there  that they can ram me  i do report  it but know admin  or who ever does reports  that checks it  so that why im like  wow know one wants me to play ets2mp for a reason idk  i better off playing csgo to be honest with use but yea thanks hope you enjoy the steering wheel 

76561198098873827.png

dude  lol when  i got my steering wheel it was amazing  i never got ban for  bad driving but with a key bored  i was ban  so yea go for it  lol im so  bored of the game  i dont want to be rude but um  most drivers like to abuse me  i cant do any thing about the lag and makes it more anoying  they ram me  so that  i get lost  i do rage quite alot   that why csgo farming sim ect is my favorite game not like they would abuse me  like how  if lets say i got lag and bumped into someone is that a ram when my ping is 390 ms in game or less or higher who know but yea lots of users get angry with me so that why so many users think its ok when no admin is there  that they can ram me  i do report  it but know admin  or who ever does reports  that checks it  so that why im like  wow know one wants me to play ets2mp for a reason idk  i better off playing csgo to be honest with use but yea thanks hope you enjoy the steering wheel 

I'm sure they'll make a server for Australians in the future. Hang in there  ;)

You should def go for it mate. I started with the keyboard then moved to a xbox controller and thaught that was

great. But now I have a g27 and it totally changed the game for me. It feels a little more realistic. I could

never go back to a controller

Try any wheel you can get your hands on, steering wheels are not for all, some prefer game controllers (such as XBoX controller) so you can get the feel of one.

Using a console controller for ETS2 is completely new for me! Do you use the joystick to navigate? 

Before I had a steering wheel. I was a keyboard user. However making fast movements or even slow ones became a problem. So then I switched to mouse and keyboard and while this made steering more accurate, I'd suffer from droppimg my mouse or something and end up going full lock at highway speed overturning or crashing into the barrier. So I got fed up and bought my self a Logitech Driving Force GT and I haven't looked back. Being able to go from lock to lock while reversing is so handy and just being able to accurately stay in my lane and not wobble around the place is awesome. With the pedals, it's so much more enjoyable being able to brake slowly rather than full brakes the whole time, or even accelerating in a controlled manner. I love the sequential gear shifter as I don't like automatic as I like to be the one in control.

Before I had a steering wheel. I was a keyboard user. However making fast movements or even slow ones became a problem. So then I switched to mouse and keyboard and while this made steering more accurate, I'd suffer from droppimg my mouse or something and end up going full lock at highway speed overturning or crashing into the barrier. So I got fed up and bought my self a Logitech Driving Force GT and I haven't looked back. Being able to go from lock to lock while reversing is so handy and just being able to accurately stay in my lane and not wobble around the place is awesome. With the pedals, it's so much more enjoyable being able to brake slowly rather than full brakes the whole time, or even accelerating in a controlled manner. I love the sequential gear shifter as I don't like automatic as I like to be the one in control.

What type of shifting do you use? I've been browsing YouTube. I'd like to use the splitter method. Do you have any experience with this?

i use a Logitech G27 all the time and its the best thing, although the biggest con is that with a shifter, it can get annoying, especially with really low powered trucks and heavy trailers, having to keep shifting all the time, although for realism sake, go fo rit, any sort of wheel would do, depends on your budget for one really,

What type of shifting do you use? I've been browsing YouTube. I'd like to use the splitter method. Do you have any experience with this?

The only experience I have is with sequential shifting. So the like you see with rally car driving where they tap up or down on the shifter to change gears. I can even double tap or more to skip a few gears like when accelerating from start.

Archived