Fatal error

MaarkP

Question

Hello there,

I've been now running ETS2 MP for a couple days and have had some issues with it ever since. Firstly, the game used to crash after playing for a few minutes or approaching places with greater amounts of players saying "Runtime Library Error". I've gone through some threads and discussions, tried to update Visual C++ and also tried to do the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7ZcBsSCISc (frankly, I do not even know what it changes and how it works). The Runtime Error seems no longer to be a problem now, even though I don't know whether it disappeared by updating Visual C++ or by following the instructions within the magical video with the creepy music in the background.

Instead, a new problem has turned up though - the game randomly crashes saying "Game crashed - FATAL ERROR" and asking whether I want to send the crash.log file to the developers. The scenario is similar to the one above, it either crashes after playing for a couple minutes (10 or 15) or when I approach more players at one place. Thus, the idea of driving into cities with lots of players in it (e.g. Rotterdam) seems to be almost inconceivable. The game also tends to "lagg" when I am near to other players, I thought firstly that it was sort of normal, any multiplayer game does that time from time when playing on servers with many players, but from what I've seen on videos, particularly how some players are capable of driving in convoys whilst being very close to each other, I've concluded that this should not be a problem because their driving seems to be very smooth. And, it is not an internet connection issue, I've always checked my ping and it has always been under 50ms. I've also tried to delete Launcher.dat and run the game with OpenGL. Sadly, the same story here.

I'd appreciate any advice, I'm starting to turn hopeless. I love the game and I would really like to be able to play as smoothly as most of you.

Thank you in advance.

16 answers to this question

disable  "use_lods" :  and try again ;)

I've done that and I've been playing now for approximately 20 minutes or more and no error has appeared since. The game still lags when it comes to more players, but the major problem has disappeared.

I owe you a kiss for helping me out and thank you very much :).

P.S.: Just for the record, what does "use_lods" change or do?

I've done that and I've been playing now for approximately 20 minutes or more and no error has appeared since. The game still lags when it comes to more players, but the major problem has disappeared.

I owe you a kiss for helping me out and thank you very much :).

P.S.: Just for the record, what does "use_lods" change or do?

MaarkP, it means that if enabled, it tells the game to use progressively lower quality LOD (Level of Detail) models for trucks that are further away from you, to reduce the workload for the GPU.

Drive using your wit, not your foot.

MaarkP, it means that if enabled, it tells the game to use progressively lower quality LOD (Level of Detail) models for trucks that are further away from you, to reduce the workload for the GPU.

Oh, okay, thank you for explanation :).

Well, as I said, the problem no longer lasts, so I guess you can lock the thread and mark it as solved. Thank you all again for helping me out :).