Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

New truck confirmed for ATS - Peterbilt 389

MartyTheGamer

Meh, IMO, if I wanted to buy an US-modded version of ETS, I'd simply  get a map mod and some trucks - why should I spend another 20eu for sth which I already own xD

Time to start up those mad mapping skillz?

personally tho unless you can program in weigh scales multiple parking points etc, its worth the extra cost. At least they are giving ATS a little "something" for the money. About the same amount of "something" as Scandonavia (maybe more) and you bought that right?

Personally i hope they keep their 2015 release, It be a epic X-mas gift to my self ^_^

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Yeah that's definetly our RootKiller.

Hes not our

He left us :(

I'd buy ats at launch, look at how much content ets2 got since launch. It's just the foundation to greatness

y u rich

Pro Twitch Streamer > Clashin_Jon.png                                                     

SCS said every asset for the map of the game was created from scratch for this game, yet I noticed one or two things re-used from Scandinavia DLC, one of which being an entire depot. Or is it the other way around?

It is the other way around. Most of the modifications that you see since 1.17 are a backport from the ATS codebase. They want to use a core engine for both ETS2 and ATS development. So all the human resources that SCS have, can work on both titles because the inner working of both game titles are the same.

ETS2 is also prepared for the Arrival of the 'Bus' extension and that is why some cities already have a busstation.. Another big plus for using a common SCS engine is that modders right from the get go have an enormous amount of knowledge how to make mods. And because the code is very similar to ETS2, it relative easy to create a ats2mp mod. Mwl only needs to find the correct hooks for the injection of the MP code.

And of course not every line of code is new, but the models and textures will have been polished. About the release date: I put my money on may 2016..

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Nah they drove the cooler Kenworth W900A

Ken W900.. yea,memories..it was the truck of the "heroes" of a pocket-novel series i used to read in the late 80´s when i was a kid, called "Trucker King"... hm,now i wonder if you still can get them somewhere:)

>>>Oh Lord, won´t cha buy me, a Mercedes Benz...my friends all drive Scanias, i must make amends...<<

Love all my Peterbilt trucks in ETS2 what I wounder is how popular Mods of European trucks with be in ATS and indeed if there will be meany made.

CEO - The Lazy Truckers

VTL

Click here to join The Lazy Truckers

It's amazing how the the brain ignores the "the" before the second "the"
Read that again....

i would love to see an international 4900 ingame, but since they are from the 90's its probably not going to happen

That and the 4700's are both sucky trucks, pretty weak.  The 4700 D444(T) crew trucks have the old 7.3L V-8 that Ford also used alot, except International didn't up the power on them like Ford did, and left them with 180-ish HP, compared to Ford's 300HP with their upgrades to the engine.  Also, the inline 6's of these trucks are relatively weak and very slow, the exception is the larger inline 6's that the 14 yard trucks used.  Though, I assume those would be 4900 trucks?

I work in the street department, and these were primarily the trucks they had for crew trucks, 5 yard dump trucks and 10-14 yard dump trucks.  They've been replacing these with more powerful Mercedes (2009-2010 only) and most recently Cummins powered Freightliners (for a while, they had Cat powered Freightliners from 2002-2005)

signature.png

Yeah ATS seems to look a bit arcade. I think ETS2 looks waaaay better at the moment.

I dont understand your point. I mean, how can be ATS more or less arcade tan ETS when they both run the same engine and features. It´s sad how much features ETS is lacking to become a real simulator, but at least it´s the best we have, and SCS confirmed that their developed improvements will affect both ETS and ATS simultaneously (except for exclusive stuff from territories, like Weight Stations in USA).

I´m still waiting for SCS to come with the "own Trailers" or the "opening doors, Hood, etc." which were mentioned long ago, and it´s glad to know they will work for both simulators.

lkRjRkb.png

Oh and I forget about the topic lol. YEAH finally a "classic" Pete into the game. I know the 389 is the new 379, not real classic, but we needed it, my fav model with no doubt. I only hope SCS will work in customization a lot more than what´s been done in ETS. American trucks are all into custom, and Im thinking SCS will publish the game without it (like they´ve done with the Mercedes) and add some stuff later.

lkRjRkb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Inactive topic. Locked & archived.

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

Archived