General FAQ for Help Board

StuartD

Question

Hello! I'm guessing you need some help if you're reading this. Below are a list of commonly asked questions and also some answers that are given to the questions. If you're question isn't answered feel free to create a topic or just create one anyway.

More questions will be added to this within time. 

Why won't my mods show?

Unfortunately mods are not supported within the mutliplayer. The only ones supported are those released officially by SCS such as the DLC Going East! All mods should be disabled before you can join the game.

Where can I download the server files?

The aim of ETS2MP is to be an MMO style mod, you will not be able to download the multiplayer server files. It was always planned to be an MMO style game.

Why doesn't the game autoupdate when I launch it?

There has been a large desire for an autoupdated and the developers have said that in the future they will release a client with an automatic update checker and downloader. This however isn't currently required during the alpha stages.

Why does the game say I was banned?

This is most likely because you've broken a rule and are facing a punishment, if it is a temporary ban you might as well just wait for the ban to expire before you rejoin however if it is a permanent ban you can appeal it. A system for the ban appeals is currently being developed and will make the ban appealing simpler.

I have no jobs!

When you have no jobs there are a few different things to do to get your jobs back. Firstly go in-game and sleep, sleep and sleep again. If this doesn't work you can try resetting your game economy, steps for this can be found below: 

Here's how to do that:

# Go to My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles and find your profile - if you only have one profile it'll be the only one, otherwise you'll have to work out which one you want.
# Open the config.cfg in the profile folder in your text editor of choice (e.g. notepad).
# Look for the line uset g_force_economy_reset "0" - change the 0 to a 1 and save the file.
# Now start ETS2MP and load your profile. You should receive a message saying "Game change detected", etc. Your economy will now have been reset.
# Lastly, exit again and change that 1 back to a 0 in your config.cfg, otherwise it'll reset every time you start the game.

I get the "Unsupported Game Version Detected" message when I launch! HELP!

When there is an update to the base game, Euro Truck Simulator 2, it can take a while before the multiplayer has a patch released for it, they aim to have an update out within 1-2 weeks of the patch however this may not always be the case. You will be able to continue to use the multiplayer if you downgrade your game. Here is a few steps on how you can do this. You should also see which version of the game to downgrade to by visiting the main homepage which has it displayed.

​(Credits - Clarkinator)

1) Go to your Steam library.
2) Right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2.
3) Go to Properties (It should be the bottom option).
4) Go to the Betas tab.
5) Select correct temporary version from the drop down list.
6) Let it download.
7) Enjoy.

More coming soon! :)

• Upvote 2

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet