Texting and Driving

edgarinskas

I'm on vacation right now and not at home but when I come back I promise to create a video showing how all of this works. I also have a version of the ets2mp mod that allows pasting text to it. So my example above now works. 

Stay tuned.

Great! Just make a different post please.

Agreed I tried saying I need fuel in EU2 at last minute and had 100% damage because i smashed into a barrier and fliped the truck over to other side of motorway I highly support this idea! +1!!!!

That's how people driving thier trucks ;) We are not allowed to write sms while driving in real life, so we shouldn't do that in a simulator game ;)

Yeah i know that BUT this is a game. Not everyone takes it seriously. That's why we need this. Especially in convoys, you don't stop just to say one msg. I know that most of them use TS but not everyone have the equipment. I do but not everyone.

I have better idea, instead of typing whole words we could have code system, when u would open the chat, u would type a number, there would be maybe max 30 codes, so u would type a number like 18 and instead of number, a text would show up in chat, so maybe number 18 would stand for "I need to stop at gas station", but u wouldnt have to type the words, just number 18. Or even better so there wouldnt be any problems, i mean  u could be typing something and u would type idk, "18 trucks" and the number would change into its meaning, but we dont want that, to prevent that we could have like they have in Canada and US, example 10-4 code which stands for "ok" or 5-0 code which i believe stands for "police"... Thats my idea, i hope someone didnt came up with something like this in this topic already and i hope u understand what i mean

I have better idea, instead of typing whole words we could have code system, when u would open the chat, u would type a number, there would be maybe max 30 codes, so u would type a number like 18 and instead of number, a text would show up in chat, so maybe number 18 would stand for "I need to stop at gas station", but u wouldnt have to type the words, just number 18. Or even better so there wouldnt be any problems, i mean  u could be typing something and u would type idk, "18 trucks" and the number would change into its meaning, but we dont want that, to prevent that we could have like they have in Canada and US, example 10-4 code which stands for "ok" or 5-0 code which i believe stands for "police"... Thats my idea, i hope someone didnt came up with something like this in this topic already and i hope u understand what i mean

Numbers? Not really. Maybe commands / would be a better idea! /fuel = I need to stop for fuel! /ROTT = rotterdam.  You could use like this in the chat: /fuel in /ROTT

^

just no

because of this 

watch at own risk 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=texting+while+driving+a+car

You probably use controllers n' stuff. If you use keyboard and try to type something in chat you can't steer in any way. And crash happens. My idea is to enable arrow keys to able to steer  WITH arrow keys WHILE typing in chat. Got it?

Texting and Driving - Big no no.

Don't want to be rude, but then we should disable chat ability when driving with a wheel as well.

If we can chat while driving with a wheel, then there should be a way people using a keyboard can chat too when driving.

• Upvote 2

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Well, it's still a game. If you can type blindly it probably doesn't even matter if you are typing (as long as you can still control your vehicle, that is). If you really start to talk about it being unsafe/unrealistic, then you might also disable the chat completely. Like in real life you also can't chat with the truck in front/next of you without having some sort of communication device. :P

I still think this should be made possible with a toggle in the options. Or disabled completely so it's fair for everyone (steering wheel users).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.