Roundabouts - How to

Message added by Phon,

If consulting this guide, please consider that roundabout rules differ between countries.

The TruckersMP Rules should always be followed and take precedence over any guide you may read on the forum.

Just made a quick video to show players how a roundabout should be handled in ETS2MP. I'm sure most will know, but perhaps for new players who have never driven before and don't know the rules of the road too well.

P.S. I realise this may not be entirely possible on some roundabouts when you have a trailer, but the general idea of how to properly negotiate a roundabout is there

Happy Trucking!

• Upvote 3

In Portugal if you drive a heavy vehicle (HGV also known as category C) you must always drive on the outside lane, the destination doesn't matter in this case. So if you want to exit the 1st,2nd,3rd,etc in a roundabout you must always use the outside lane, as long as you don't block other drivers.

Here is the rule:
[PT]

"Artigo 14.º-A

Rotundas
2 - Os condutores de veículos de tração animal ou de animais, de velocípedes e de automóveis pesados, podem ocupar a via de trânsito mais à direita, sem prejuízo do dever de facultar a saída aos condutores que circulem nos termos da alínea c) do n.º 1."

^taken from the Portuguese road rules -> http://www.ansr.pt/SegurancaRodoviaria/CodigoDaEstrada/Documents/Codigo_Estrada_2014_versaoWEB.pdf

• Thanks 1

GzYYLwe.jpg

Basicly explains everything! Great guide for the players that are not so long among us. :)

Here in the Netherlands it's the same, but some people use their indicator to the left if they take the 3rd exit, and when they arrive at the 3rd exit you put your blinker to the right.

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

In Denmark you only use your indicators when changing lanes. Not while you are driving in the inside lane. It is not a requirement either that you use your indicators before you enter the roundabout when you want to take the first exit.

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

ah I guess I should rename it for just UK roundabouts then. Being from the UK, I just assumed EU roundabouts would be the same, but as driving on a different side it's just the opposite. 

Interesting to learn different countries rules though.

its not the same.. you are not allowed to indicate inside a german roundabout or before entering.. you only indicate where you exit!

That seems so strict, I wouldn't like to drive across a German roundabout now knowing that :P 

ah I guess I should rename it for just UK roundabouts then. Being from the UK, I just assumed EU roundabouts would be the same, but as driving on a different side it's just the opposite. 

Interesting to learn different countries rules though.

That seems so strict, I wouldn't like to drive across a German roundabout now knowing that :P

well we have strict rules in germany for everything.. i think that who people here like it.. we still have problems with roundabouts in germany.. its hard for people.. we like our traffic lights more than roundabouts lol

speaking for my self.. i dont know why everything has to be so strict.. i like it more natural law :D

sysp-73354.png

It's kind of weird making a video on how to go through a roundabout 

People often crash into me on roundabouts, a lot of people don't even bother to give way. I thought why not show people how to do it so there's no excuse then for them to crash into me :P 

• Upvote 1

In austria we have signs before roundabouds that tell you if someone in the roundabout has right of way or someone driving into the roundabout.

http://ww2.heidelberg.de/stadtblatt-alt/stbl0301/schildk.jpgThis sign indicates that someone inside the roundabout has right of way.
https://weizenspr.eu/uploads/kreis_mit_vorfahrt.pngAnd this does that.

But overall your video is pretty accurate and you did say "in the UK"

i7 3770k @4.0Ghz, R9 280X Dual-X, 8GB Kingston Hyper X, Cooler Master SilentPro, G27, Track IRv5

• 9 months later...
On 7/8/2015 at 0:36 AM, Oxterel said:

In Denmark you only use your indicators when changing lanes. Not while you are driving in the inside lane. It is not a requirement either that you use your indicators before you enter the roundabout when you want to take the first exit.

Every thing is correct untill the last part, it's not true :)

If you want to take the first exit in a roundabout in Denmark you MUST use your right indicator BEFORE entering.

I myself is finishing my drivinglicense thies days :D

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2015 at 0:36 AM, Oxterel said:

Not completely true...

It's optional to use the left indicator if you want to take the third exit, but most people don't bother to do this, although it would be pretty helpful. Most people do tend to use the right indicator before entering the roundabout if they proceed to take the first exit. There's close to no law regarding this, except you have to indicate before leaving, and you have to give way to the traffic from the left.

signature.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...