Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Increase in lagging after server move.

[VIVA] Savage Frog

Question

I recently posted a topic saying I was getting kicked for high ping. The issue was 'theoretically' solved. But Im still getting kicked for high ping, much more often than before server move. And also my ping is way higher. 

But that is not the thing that annoys me the most, its the 'freezing'. Every 5/10 seconds my game freezes for 1 sec and then resumes again. From my point of view it looks like all the trucks around me lagged and if Im too close to a truck and this happens I drive straight into them causing me huge damage but they dont feel it at all?!?!

From others point of view it looks like Im freezing for 1 second and if they are too close they drive into me causing big damage to them and none to me as Im not even feeling it. Its really annoying because:

1. As an owner of a company I often have to lead convoys but I cant as Im causing damage to drivers behind me.

2. The 64HR event is coming up and I wanted to take part in it but with this happening constantly I will be causing damage to other participants and I will be getting damaged myself If im too close to another truck.

Like yesterday for example I was driving with 3 other guys and I was leading. They had to slam their brakes constantly or if they were too close they just crashed into me. So I was forced t go to the back and keep a 200m distance :/

And dont say ethernet cable will fix the issue as this never happened before the server move and I had the exact same connection. 

Can someone please look into this.

Thank you

DAVE_PL

19 answers to this question

Dzisiaj w nocy serwery zostały zamienione. EU#1 <-> EU#2. Więc na EU#1 nie powinno być większych lagów. Co do lagów po stronie clienta, być może poprawi to następna wersja, która już niedługo. 

Swietnie, dzieki za odpowiedz. To wyjasnia czemu wczoraj przez chwile serwery byly wylaczone :) 

LMAO

0.21 mb/s upload and you're asking here why you're getting kicked? The ping to the test server, which is only ~100 miles away from you already is 62ms. 

Why don't you get the Unlimited BT Infinity 1 + Weekend Calls offer? It's only 10 pounds a month and comes with 38MB/s. Your issue will be solved then.

The main reason is that Im not the home owner, I dont get to pick. My gf parents do and whatever they decide I have to stick with. What Im saying is if you read the topic properly that I have the exact same connection as before but getting kicked more often. I now my wifi is bad- I dont need to be told that on every single topic. After the server move my ping got worse is basically what Im saying here. 

Because the distance from the server has increased mate. This increases ping. Since the game only looks at your ping before kicking you, you'll need a faster internet connection to decrease ping. Since your current pack only costs 5 pounds, why don't you give them an additional 5 pounds to get the better package?

My pack actually costs £24 a month because of some calls thing. i will be looking at getting a ethernet cable if I can get permission to make a hole in the ceiling for the cable.

Well it will increase speed. Since wifi connections are always slower than cable. I can see the lowest MB's BT offers is 12mb/s. You have 5 so that's about right, since it's always around half. I have 120 mb/s and my wifi connection is at 60 mb/s. Trust me for once and try the cable  ^_^

Like I said above I will get cable as soon as its possible mate. Or.....I might just move the router closer and get a cable that way...hmmm :)

Orr..buy a longer cable. Ethernet cables are really cheap. You can get 25m for maybe 3 - 4 pounds. Don't know the prices in the UK

*facepalm* I will explain once and for all: The house has 2 levels- the ground floor and level 1. However both levels have separate entrances so its like a house sitting on top of a house. On the bottom lives my gf parents and on top me and my gf. The router is right underneath my bedroom but to get a cable I would have to either make a hole in the ceiling for the cable to go through or let the cable go on the outside wall into my bedroom through the window. The price is £6 for 20.

why don't you get a ISP by yourselfs???   you said that the house had separate entrances sooo... you need to have 2 mailboxes infront as you should have the adress but with a letter behind as due to separate entrances... problem solved... own ISP/own router better internet ;)