Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

How to stuff?

NelsonMondialu

Hello, truckers! I am new here. I gave the MP a try and seems like lots of fun awaits me. My first concerns are, since i'm on EU server, the following.

--- Lag. I run the game on Ultra @60FPS , most of the time, except in crowded cities. Should i lower the graphics?

--- Fuel Economy; I saw a guy averaging 6.7 liters or so. It was short distance, but my Mercedes Actros MP4 averages 55-60l @110-120 kph/ 2100 rpm, how to improve it?

--- Driving Style: I enjoy using cruise control ,does it affect fuel consumption just like in real life?

--- Taglifts: My Merc has a midlift. Using it worsens fuel usage?

--- Crashes: I heared that there are some people who don;t respect traffic signs, last night i crashed into some guy's  trailer at a "+" shaped turn. i had green light, he had red, i rammed his trailer, knocked him into a ditch and flipped him over, while damaging my truck to 100%. Are there alot of these drivers around? 

--- Bugs: I took a job, a guy was standing right where my trailer spawned, and rolled over to unpickable, had to cancel job. Have you encountered this?

1. Lag - lower the graphics , you will enter some crowded areas, better to enter them prepared.

2. Fuel Economy - you will see that multiplayer is alto different than singleplayer , Fuel economy is not really an issue, because you always risk a head on colission with another player, damaging your truck 100%. After that, fuel economy goes down the drain.

3. Driving style : Don't know , apparently everyone is using cruise control.

4. Taglifts : Really don't know. No, really, have no clue about it.

5. Crashes - you will have them, and quite frequently. There aren't as many bad drivers as before, but it only takes one to mess you up :) My advice is to install a screen capture software and record your sessions while in the game. That way, when someone does crash into you - you have the video evidence and you can report him.

6. Bugs - What you saw is known as "the trailer bug" - it happends, not alot but it does. Most of us had it, it's just a matter of luck. If the trailer wasn't damaged, you can press F7+Enter to go directly to the repair station with the trailer attached .

There you go , hope it helps

Drive safe !

Drumuri bune !

PS  : you can PM me for any other info on ets2 multiplayer

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

1. Lag - lower the graphics , you will enter some crowded areas, better to enter them prepared.

2. Fuel Economy - you will see that multiplayer is alto different than singleplayer , Fuel economy is not really an issue, because you always risk a head on colission with another player, damaging your truck 100%. After that, fuel economy goes down the drain.

3. Driving style : Don't know , apparently everyone is using cruise control.

4. Taglifts : Really don't know. No, really, have no clue about it.

5. Crashes - you will have them, and quite frequently. There aren't as many bad drivers as before, but it only takes one to mess you up :) My advice is to install a screen capture software and record your sessions while in the game. That way, when someone does crash into you - you have the video evidence and you can report him.

6. Bugs - What you saw is known as "the trailer bug" - it happends, not alot but it does. Most of us had it, it's just a matter of luck. If the trailer wasn't damaged, you can press F7+Enter to go directly to the repair station with the trailer attached .

There you go , hope it helps

Drive safe !

Drumuri bune !

Thank you for the advice!

You don't have to lower your graphics, just get out of your cab using "9" (Exterior  view). This should decrease lag. Regarding fuel economy, at the speed you're driving it's no wonder it consumes so much fuel. I drive 85-90km/h and i average at 25l/100km in almost every truck. (The high hp versions may average around 30l/100km)

Using the cruise control does improve fuel efficiency, just like in real life. 

Regarding tag lifts, it doesn't affect fuel consumption. However, it does affect damage in a positive way. A 4x2 chassis tire's will faster wear than a 6x2/4 chassis, since the weight is more distributed. 

Regarding crashes, there are some drivers who are in a hurry all the time. Just watch other trucks closely and always have your foot on the brake when nearing someone. In MP, other drivers are highely unpredictable. 

Regarding bugs, keep in mind that this mod is in Alpha stage. Meaning that it will take some time to improve before we reach Beta stage. If you take a look at the game's login screen you can see that it states "This version does not represent final product"

I hope this answers your questions. Happy trucking! :)

Hello, truckers! I am new here. I gave the MP a try and seems like lots of fun awaits me. My first concerns are, since i'm on EU server, the following.

--- Lag. I run the game on Ultra @60FPS , most of the time, except in crowded cities. Should i lower the graphics?

--- Fuel Economy; I saw a guy averaging 6.7 liters or so. It was short distance, but my Mercedes Actros MP4 averages 55-60l @110-120 kph/ 2100 rpm, how to improve it?

--- Driving Style: I enjoy using cruise control ,does it affect fuel consumption just like in real life?

--- Crashes: I heared that there are some people who don;t respect traffic signs, last night i crashed into some guy's  trailer at a "+" shaped turn. i had green light, he had red, i rammed his trailer, knocked him into a ditch and flipped him over, while damaging my truck to 100%. Are there alot of these drivers around? 

--- Bugs: I took a job, a guy was standing right where my trailer spawned, and rolled over to unpickable, had to cancel job. Have you encountered this?

Lag is common. You won't get rid of it completely, even if you turn down your settings.

Try using sequential shifting and use the 11th and 12th gear. Especially in the MB MP4 where you automatic gearbox will let you drive 110kph@10th_gear@2100rpm. This will improve

your efficiency exetremly. Getting <20 L/100km fuel usage is extreme hard. But the lower your rpm is, the higher is your efficieny. I recommend you to drive between 900 and 1100 rpm.

But this means that you have to drive slower than 110. You will have to drive between 60 and 80 kph to achieve it. But the normal efficiency is between 25 and 35L / 100km depending on

engine, cargo weight and route driven.

Cruise control is what they theach you as well in driving schools when you learn truck driving. So don't mind using it.

It doesn't worsen your efficiency a lot (0.5 - 2 L / 100km) But the fuel tank is smaller by 40%. So you have 40% less tank mileage.

Indeed some people don't respect signs or other rules. Learn the spots where most of these people are driving. And report them. That's the best way to justice and for safety.

NCZ is a bit bugged while spawning the trailers. The team is currently testing a version where this bug ssems to be fixed, but it won't be released that soon. We still need to test it.

Try using f7+enter or using the last autosave. This usually works

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

lag: you can try playing on high it should help some.

fuel economy: the more speed, the higher rpm, the more fuel you will burn.. keep the rpm in the green range and you dont have a problem with your fuel.. and yes that kinda means driving max 90 aka with speedlimiter.. you guys see.. its there for reasons. 90=less fuel.. :D

driving style: i use my cruise control only on country roads.. in cities and on the motor/highway/autobahn i control it my self (G27)!

taglifts: not sure.

crashes: yes trolls are everywhere.. in ets2 too.

bugs: no that bug is new for me.. but there are new bugs found ever 1 or 2 days that i didnt have yet.

sysp-73354.png

NCZ is a bit bugged while spawning the trailers. The team is currently testing a version where this bug ssems to be fixed, but it won't be released that soon. We still need to test it.

Try using f7+enter or using the last autosave. This usually works

Regarding the question and your answers i think you forgot to mention 1 thing.

So when you arrive at a company to pick up a load and the trailers which are at the company are stuck in the ground or stuck in a fence (basically any trailer that isn't where is should be) then use F7+enter before you get the job and not after.

"Why?" Because if you pick the job and your trailer is stuck in the ground it will get 100% damage before you even notice, which means your trip is totally ruined because at the end of the trip you will get punished(money and xp) for the damage. If you F7+enter before then the damage that has been made to the trailer won't affect you.

GzYYLwe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived