A Friendly reminder..

London  Truckers.FM

When you load in/load out of the game..  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What is your main reason for leaving the game?

• Have to go AFK (work/school/things to do/food/sleep etc)
    • Got bored of driving/playing
    • Disconnection from ETS2MP (e.g AFK Kick/Ping/Internet Issues)
  2. 2. When you decide to quit the game, do you...

• Pull over to the side of the road/grass, out of the way of other drivers (Not in rotterdam/EP)
    • Find the nearest petrol station/town to park in.
    • Just STOP and quit wherever I am
    • Quit? I don't quit, I finish my Jobs!
  3. 3. Do you think about where you load in and what consequences there might be?

• Yes, I know where I saved and load in when I think its safe (or I load an earlier save if its not safe)
    • #YOLO - I just load in.

Hey all!

Hope you are all well ^_^ , Just wanted to put out a friendly reminder to everyone. Last night I participated in the was one of the most beautiful but craziest ETR Convoys I've attended (well for me anyway) a series of unfortunate events put myself in a crazy position that I never want to be in again (and I wont go into detail..) BUT none of would of probably happened if it wasn't for mistake of somebody loading into MP mid-convoy on the road sending me off with 100% damage.

Its something I've seen a lot and im sure we all familiar with but its been a little frustrating as of recently. Loading into the game in a really silly spot :P E.G you stopped on a road and decided to load in without thinking of consequences to other drivers. 

now now, before I cause a huge stir in the community I know a lot of the time it can just be an accident and innocent (e.g lost connection/afk kick) but other times it seems people aren't just really thinking about what will happen. Like yesterdays convoy in the alps.. a 100+ truck drivers driving round the alps, and somebody loaded in the middle of it all. It could of been a mistake but hey, still very frustrating sending multiple trucks flying.

So i'm going to start a poll! Let me know your thoughts on stopping and loading in, would to hear from you the community!

and a Friendly reminder... Just have a think before re-loading in and make the decision if you should load an earlier save to avoid problems -  Thanks for reading :)

E7WtbFh.jpg

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

yeap.. You're right.. People should get off the road, or even go to repairstations before they're logging into game... Because when they're connecting their truck trailers will be hitting other trucks on the road and causing them to sink in to the ground or to fly... so yeah people please make sure before you're logging into multiplayer that you're off the roads even tough if you dont have a trailer, its really disturbing if you're calmly driving on the road and somebody just spawns on the road or on the road side, and you get hit by the trailer or more worse get stuck inside of the road and get your load and your truck 100% damaged...

Recording Convoys for free! Contact me here or on steam!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198143679569/

always either finish my job and park up at spanner garage or if without a trailer straight to garage etc try not to pull off the road and save,cant believe when people save in middle of road lol like parking up in real life, middle of road and not expecting your car to be shunted 30metres away lol

guy spawned in the front of me on the motorway was hitting 68mph had no chance in hell of swerving or stopping BANG waited to see if he said anything on screen chat .. nada must of felt sheepish lol

It is when your going down the highway and they appear right in front of you in the middle of the road and then get mad at you when you hit them ,,pull over or pull into a parking area somewhere ,you wouldnt get away with it in real life ,Have fun trucking but remember there are others behind you trying to enjoy the ride as well :)

It is when your going down the highway and they appear right in front of you in the middle of the road and then get mad at you when you hit them ,,pull over or pull into a parking area somewhere ,you wouldnt get away with it in real life ,Have fun trucking but remember there are others behind you trying to enjoy the ride as well :)

Exactly :) I knew alot of you drivers understand but there is still alot of that don't for a reason I do not know.. >_>

Though I do always try my best to park off the road, there is the occasion where I do load in the middle of the road. If I do find myself in this situation, I don't just sit there waving at people either driving past or flying, I quickly F7 and Enter. Also, I sometimes forget where I parked, so I just load the save and hope for the best that I don't spawn in a road.

Exactly :) I knew alot of you drivers understand but there is still alot of that don't for a reason I do not know.. >_>

I think alot of people dont understand the difference between playing online and SP mate when your online you have to be considerate of others too in SP its all about you, some people cant relate between the two lol

But guys, logging out with your trailer next to road causes still people to crash, because when you loggin to the map, your truck starts rendering / loading, your truck trailer will go / - across the road with its side for a sec, and it causes other people 100% dmg or makes them to fly... 

Recording Convoys for free! Contact me here or on steam!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198143679569/

I think alot of people dont understand the difference between playing online and SP mate when your online you have to be considerate of others too in SP its all about you, some people cant relate between the two lol

I think this is very true and agree strongly. I guess we can just get in a fracas over a mistake that somebody might not intentionally do, especially if they are new! 

I have the habit of only quitting the game after I saved in a NCZ so next time I load in I can do it safely knowing that I won't cause harm to other players or be harmed by other players. First I finish whatever job I am doing then I head straight to the nearest repair shop to fix anything that needs fixing and then I reverse into a parking spot at the repair shop and save my game there. If I have a garage in the town then i drive there and park inside before saving and then quitting the game.

The only times I had to quit the game while still doing a job are rare. I think I only had to do that twice or thrice so far. Regardless of how many times it was, I made sure to firstly pull over on the shoulder or off the road or at a gas station in a spot i know absolutely no one uses and save there. That way when I loaded back in my truck did not block anybody and neither it did spawn into anybody. I've had trucks spawn on my face and into my truck a few times before. It's not that fun.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

meh "#YOLO - I just load in." should be changed to  something like

"#yolo - i'm an ignorant douchebag"

LOL! I did want to, but didn't want to offend anyone because some load ins are just mistakes, we're all human after all ;)

I like that poll :)

Cheers! Great numbers already :) 

Here's mine:

2Hm9VXl.png

First:

Usually the first and last... I do get bored on dull days, empty roads or just my personality flaws kicking in...

Oh and who needs sleep? I'm sure some here know what i mean :D

Second:

First part, I actually go to extremes and go as far over as possible... I prefer option 2 however, if a petro station it has to be one of the big ones.

I love to check the last one but i cant always say i wont leave for something...

Third:

Photographic memory ftw :D

Tho it tends to fail in stressful or consistent use requiring recalls frequently for something new...

Edit: ummm J-M are you in a country called Ontario in a place called Canada :P the order is kinda bugging me lol...

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Archived