Game startup problem, error code 8, help!

Question

Ok, so I had a lot of problems with the multiplayer saying it couldn't start was steam_api.dll was not found or something like that. I think I may have fixed that, but now I get a new error message, saying "Could not inject dll into the game process (error code8). Please try launching the game again. If this problem still occurs, please try reinstalling the mod." I tried re-installing, but no luck. Anyone know what to do? I'm using ETS2 1.19.24, but I'm currently downgrading it to 1.18.3. PLEASE HELP! The mod worked fine for one day, now it's all falling apart for me :(

22 answers to this question

Hi, so yesterday, I had an error where steam_api.dll was missing. I think I fixed that error, but now when I try and run the game, error code 8 appears. I've tried various things to stop it. I've made sure ets2 is on the correct version, reinstalled the mod many times in different folders, downloaded a direct x end user runtime and tried to run it as an administrator. I don't know what else to do! Please help me with this. Thanks.

Ok, thanks. I'm re-installing ETS2 now. On another note, should I uninstall ETS2MP via control panel and then re-install, or just click on the download thing again?

It sounds like a simple fix, but it isn't. It keeps saying I need to downgrade to 1.19.21s, which I am on. I reinstalled ETS2 and made sure it wasn't on any betas, and I reinstalled the mod, but it won't work! Anyone know what to do? I've had 3 problems with it so far, and fixed 2 of them. This is the final problem I need to resolve, so does anyone know how? One guy suggested using version 1.19x, but does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Hello, I've been having a problem with launching the mod. Every time I try and launch the game not as an administrator, I get an error code 8 message(attached),and every time I try to launch the mod as an administrator, it says unsupported game version detected (error message attached). I've tried everything to get the version to 1.19.2.1s, but nothing seems to work. I've done the obvious, like opt out of betas, and tried reinstalling the game. I've tried using the 1.19x beta as well, as some people suggested that, but nothing seems to work. What can I do to fix the problem? I've also had an error code 8 message before a few times, and I did have a problem with a missing steam_api.dll file if that is important, but the missing steam file problem should be fixed. It's a rather annoying problem. Anyway, help would be appreciated. Thanks!post-40976-0-67365400-1438257415_thumb.ppost-40976-0-06427300-1438257428_thumb.p

That's not very useful. My point is that my steam says the game is on 1.19.2.1s, but it still won't work.

Hmm after you download the latest update from ets2mp homepage, do install older version of ets2mp?, if not try it .

1) uninstall the right now version mp that you have

3) download again latest version from homepage and try to install it right from RAR

3) install the new mp into new folder.

Recording Convoys for free! Contact me here or on steam!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198143679569/

I uninstalled ets2, reinstalled it, then uninstalled ets2mp and reinstalled it in a different folder. I still get the Fatal Error. Anyone got any ideas on what to do?