Installation problem, please help!

Question

Hello, basically the new update was released, and it didn't work for me. After checking the forums, I tried to install it a few more times. After a while, the ets2mp just wouldn't load when I clicked on the desktop icon. I then uninstalled ets2mp using control panel. When I installed it again, a message saying that it couldn't run as a file named something like steam.ll.adp was not there. I then uninstalled and installed steam, and reinstalled ets2mp, but the same message that the steam file was not there appeared. How can I get it to work? Please help!

Whcih steamfile was missing?

The file name is steam.api.dll

Hi, Please check where your folder 'SteamApps' is installed .

It should be somewhere in here: C:/ProgramFilesx86/Steam

I'm on my phone so can't find it now, but if I do find it, what do I do with it?

make sure you have the latest version of both ETS2MP and ETS2 and run ETS2MP with Administrative Permissions

I have the latest versions of them, but how do I run it as an administrator?

@HaulageMaster.

Please check intergrity of files on steam.

And check where the .exe file is, it should be something like this:

C:/ProgramFilesx86/Steam/Steamapps/common/Euro Truck Simulator 2/bin

Ok, thanks, I'll have to check it tomorrow, but I appreciate the help. But just remember I know very little about computers, so don't really know what you mean by check the integrity.

Ok, thanks, I'll have to check it tomorrow. However, as I am a bit of a "noob" with computers, could you clarify what you mean by integrity please? Also, thanks for the help, if the rest of the support team are like you, it must be excellent. I really appreciate it.

Oops, double post, Stupid phone...

Ok, thanks, I'll have to check it tomorrow. However, as I am a bit of a "noob" with computers, could you clarify what you mean by integrity please? Also, thanks for the help, if the rest of the support team are like you, it must be excellent. I really appreciate it.Oops, double post, Stupid phone...

Thank you, I'll try my best. :)

As said above by stilldre it checks your files.

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

Hi, I had a problem where steam_api.dll was not present, just wondering where I move the file too? I.e. which folder.

Good/Bad news! Good news is, I think I fixed the steam_api.dll problem. Bad news, I now get error code 8, game can't start, try re-installing message. So I re-install it, and it says I need to downgrade my ets2. But downgrade to what? It's not on any betas, so shouldn't it be on 1.19.2.1s? :o  :o  :o:angry:  

Good/Bad news! Good news is, I think I fixed the steam_api.dll problem. Bad news, I now get error code 8, game can't start, try re-installing message. So I re-install it, and it says I need to downgrade my ets2. But downgrade to what? It's not on any betas, so shouldn't it be on 1.19.2.1s? :o  :o  :o:angry:  

The downgrade issue is fixed now :). Please download the latest ETS2MP software and install it!!! 0.9.1.3 version I guess... Until yesterday/few hours back, ETS2 MP supported only 1.18.1.3s version of ETS2. So You are getting the error :P Now, with 0.1.9.3 version of ETS2 MP, You can run 1.19.2.1s version of ETS2. I hope Your query is clarified!!

I just re-installed ETS2MP, and it still says I need to downgrade to 1.19.2.1s , which I thought I was on. Anyone able to tell me how I can make sure it is on 1.19.2.1s? This is so frustrating :angry:

Make sure you have the latest version of ets2

Untitled123.png

and

2) have you downloaded the latest update of ets2mp from ETS2MP homepage?, try to uninstall current ets2mp and reinstall it again!

So I need the 1_19-1.9x beta for it? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh And yes, I have the latest update I believe.