Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Post your car

yahhoow

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Did a quote for a Renault Megane 1.9 dCi that cost £100, and the insurance quotes were staggeringly high! The Cheapest quote was £4000, and the highest was £30,000!!! I'm 15, and since I have experience with cars and know how to change gear and all that (thanks G27 <3), I should be quoted for much less. I did put that I was 17 and that I'd just passed my driving test a month ago, but had these insurance companies seen me drive, those quotes would be much much lower. The problem is that internet based quotes are not a true reflection of one's actual insurance cost. I don't think I'll ever be able to afford a car myself :(

Why is insurance so high in the UK?  In the US, I'm currently paying $38/month, and most teenagers are around $100-150/month.

signature.png

If I'm correct:

In the UK - You insure the driver not the vehicle - Example: 4 people have to get separate insurance to drive the same vehicle

UK - 4 people + 1 vehicle could = £8000 in total

In the US - You insure the vehicle not the driver - Example: Take out 1 insurance on the vehicle and unlimited number of people can drive it

US - unlimited people + 1 vehicle could = $500

If I'm correct:

In the UK - You insure the driver not the vehicle - Example: 4 people have to get separate insurance to drive the same vehicle

UK - 4 people + 1 vehicle could = £8000 in total

In the US - You insure the vehicle not the driver - Example: Take out 1 insurance on the vehicle and unlimited number of people can drive it

US - unlimited people + 1 vehicle could = $500

Its a wonder anyone can afford to even own a vehicle in the UK.  That's an insane amount to be able to drive a car.

signature.png

Finally stopped raining long enough to get some pictures

1986 Pontiac Fiero SE

Fun to slide about in the rain.

My first car, got it in 2012 when I was 17.

I wanted a car that was "100% driver controlled", so that meant no power steering or assists (ABS, traction control, or any other form of computer that takes control of the car)

QTqoGmi.jpg

Rear quarter view, with interior and engine visible. Ignore the heavy duty floor mats, I put the original ones in storage for the rain and only bring them out for car shows now.

Z9j2AZn.jpg 

Only thing that isn't stock is the exhaust, which had the catalytic converter removed by the previous owner and the rest replaced with a "performance" exhaust by me when the original needed replacing.(was same price as stock, so why not?)

Although this is a touring, I'd prefer a full on SUV. Never the less, she drives great!   :D

2005 Chrysler Pacifica, All Wheel Drive, and averages about 22-24 MPG.

P8L7z6V.jpg

And here is a quick run-down of the car's features:

JfNsUJ9.png

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

I'm 14 and live in England. When I get my driving license, I'll be paying something like 3000 euros for a subaru, which is my dream first car. We pay a lot for car insurance in England because the government are all knobjokeys! In America you get a license at 16 and pay little for insurance which is absolute bollocks. Think Leeds Lad will agree with me? XP 

BTW, some nice cars you have. Am hoping I don't end up with a Corsa XD.

dont get me wrong but as 16 year old a subaru might be to OP if i was was you i would get a second hand fiesta so you can "skid it" ;)

What the hell is it? It looks kinda like an Aztec.... lolol

it doesnt even look like a Naugtiac Aztek but my truck is a Chevy Avalanche 1500

veteran3.png.00cc537938db70681c433a3de1c

78feccb3735d4d601c213217d51504ad.png In Game Status:status.png

5bdbc323038b92f79529c309a81d3847.png   ||  50b10f433129aa1b36b61c39f11c9548.png  ||  6713a22eca15b698d909cd3166af3950.png

Archived