City of the Week - Luxembourg - Week 8

logohd.png

Week 8 - 20.07.15 to 26.07.15

What is City of the Week?

City of the Week is a series of official discussion topics about a particular city, created to spark interaction and discussion within the community. Anything related to the city is allowed in these topics, such as problems, opinions, requests to other players, events, and more.

Next Week: Prague

Remember you can advertise convoys from the city in the City of the Week topics, and you can start planning one for next week already now!

Luxembourg

Luxembourg is the capital of Luxembourg, and the only city from Luxembourg in the game. It is close to Rotterdam, Germany and France, allowing easy access to large portions of Europe. At the same time, it is not a very crowded city compared to i.e. Rotterdam, making it a good garage position and a place where most people can drive without lag issues.

• What do you like about Luxembourg?
  • What do you dislike?
  • How do other players behave?
  • What can other players do to improve the city?

Remember that anything related to the city is allowed - Discussion, questions, advertising for convoys, etc.

City of the week archive

Sorry for the late post, I've been a bit busy parts of the day with programming, other games, so I almost forgot about city of the week. Wanted: Automated bot to post these. Maybe soon™.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

1. Cheapest fuel price 1.10/1.00 €/L in the game

2. Only one gas station (in reference to 1.)

3. Mostly calm and proper driving

4. Driving not too fast, because it's the City is quite small and has many crossings

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

If you own the big garage, you can refuel there at lowest price on all Europe, ~1€/L.

• What do you dislike?

Has a terrible layout, also has a hard fps drop.

People are not careful on the road between the highway and the workshop, where the garage is located.

Be careful, specially with people at low speed, a lot of people has fps drops and little freezes in that area.

IKTzLlO.png

Beautiful city and country (been there three times on holiday), cheap gas

• What do you dislike?

The highway is a hell almost as bad as Amsterdam/Rotterdam at times, popular large Volvo dealer

Most of the people seem to be speed kiddos who just bought their new 750hp Volvo and they go max it straight away...

Stop buying Volvos? (jk)

8mOP210.png  g8VsuFF.png  4vle33y.png

1. It's little and simple, apparently gas is really cheap :o

2. It's not represented so well as in real life

3. I don't know really, but I've never had a problem going trhough the city or crossing the highway

4. Other players might want to slow down when entering/leaving the city as the highway entrance is dangerous and little

When start a new game, set the main garage in Luxembourg, and it will automatically unlock a achievement in your steam profile.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

What do you like about Luxembourg? It's a good place to start if you are looking to travel in France and Germany a lot.
What do you dislike? Too many intersections for the size of the city.
How do other players behave? Careless, I see more accidents to due players from both sides of an intersection failing to stop at red lights.
What can other players do to improve the city? Be more cautious and alert

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

What do you like about Luxembourg? It's a good city to begin because there are a lot of people near there.

What do you dislike? There are a lot of bad drivers near the big city.

How do other players behave? A lot of player make a lot of accidents.

What can other players do to improve the city? People should be more careful.

• What do you like about Luxembourg? I like delivering Volvo trucks, making a nice trip : from Stockholm area, through Denmark, then Germany.

What do you dislike? But, like SUZYLU89 said before, the end of the trip is a little annoying.

How do other players behave? In the past, this city was a nightmare, players were driving like hell, but now it's better.

What can other players do to improve the city? I think it's quite good now.