The true trucking experience

xhavefunx

The true trucking experience  

199 members have voted

1. 1. How much horsepower do you drive?

2. 2. How fast do you drive? (On the freeway)

• 60 - 70 (37 - 43 mph)
    • 70 - 80 (43 - 49 mph)
    • 80 - 90 (49 - 55 mph)
    • 90 - 100 (55 - 62 mph)
    • 100+ (62+ mph)
  3. 3. What distances do you prefer to drive? (Multiple choice available)

• Very short (1 - 50km/31mi)
    • Short (50 - 200km/124mi)
    • Medium (200 - 500km/310mi)
    • Long (500 - 900km/559mi)
    • Very long (900+ km)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drive a DAF 105  I only use EU1 and i drive flat out mostly everywhere except in built up areas or places of high popularity like EP which i avoid like the plague if i can help it. Forgot to add on the rare occasion i use SP i use my Scania 143M V8 which i tend to drive sensibly as the old girl doesnt like cornering too fast lol.

PixelWarrior.jpg

I've added a new question the the poll. 

What distance do you prefer to drive? (Multiple choice available) 

Make sure to delete your vote if you've already voted, in order to answer all 3 votes again. I've voted for all distances, because i look at which city the cargo has to be taken to. It really depends on my mood. 

I drive a 580 hp engine mainly to be able to pull heavier hauls without it taking ages to get to a reasonable speed. 

On smaller roads I drive between 70 and 90, it all depends on the road itself. On freeways I usually do a 100. 

I always do longer hauls if I have the time otherwise I do the ones I think I have time to do.

I drive differently in Multiplayer then I do in Singleayer.

In Singleplayer I drive realistically and drive by the speed limit at all times and drive three modded trucks that have a 425hp engine.

But in Multiplayer, I'm a bit of a speed freak and drive as fast as the speed limiter will allow me to go in Cities (60kmh), and drive between 100-110kmh on highways and country roads (depending on how sharp the corners are and how busy it is), and I drive a Mercedes Actros MP4 that has the highest horsepower available (625hp I think it is).

I am driving a actros with taglift atm I am ether just under or just over 500hp (i can not remember without looking) I try to sit at the speed limit for the roads or under it if the trailer is a 70 limited one (construction trailers) I try not to rush as there is no point

I fi am running solo between yards then i do get a bit of a lead foot but as a rule I enjoy the drive but I find alot of the hills (on off ramps) are very steep (steeper than I think you would find in RL) so that i why i use a mid to high HP engine

It all depends on what I'm driving. I have a few j specs which I drive and a few OP trucks which I also drive. So I opted for the 500-600, since it's in the middle.

Speed, I do tend to go all out (15 year old from Leeds. What do you expect? :P), but I do know how to use the brake pedal ;). I tend to be a bit more aggressive with speed in the 700+HP trucks.

Distance, I prefer to actually go intercity for my jobs. Jobs within the same city are boooring :D

Interesting results..

Most people drive (Who've voted of course) prefer the 400-500 engine, followed by 500-600 engine, then 700-750. Most of you guys like to drive the speedlimit, 110km/u. Also most of you prefer longest distances. 

Question: Since most of you guys like to drive the speedlimit of 110 km/h, would you drive 120 if the speedlimit was set at that, or even higher? Because in my opinion 110 is very fast. 

Hey,

My old Actros is 476 HP. I drive 90km/h both on freeway and roads. I therefore rarely overtake others but I am very often overtaken by trucks and feel in those moments a little bit stressed looking at my mirrors like a psychopath. Hopefully since I have been playing I notice that players are more and more careful with others.

Hey,

My old Actros is 476 HP. I drive 90km/h both on freeway and roads. I therefore rarely overtake others but I am very often overtaken by trucks and feel in those moments a little bit stressed looking at my mirrors like a psychopath. Hopefully since I have been playing I notice that players are more and more careful with others.

You're not alone to have this feeling ! :D

I no what you both mean I have started to relax with that a bit now tho I have the recorder running and just dunp the buffer into a file is something happens after my last report it was set for 2 mins but needs to be longer so set it to 5 so anything happens I just put in a report job done

Archived