The true trucking experience

xhavefunx

The true trucking experience  

199 members have voted

1. 1. How much horsepower do you drive?

2. 2. How fast do you drive? (On the freeway)

• 60 - 70 (37 - 43 mph)
    • 70 - 80 (43 - 49 mph)
    • 80 - 90 (49 - 55 mph)
    • 90 - 100 (55 - 62 mph)
    • 100+ (62+ mph)
  3. 3. What distances do you prefer to drive? (Multiple choice available)

• Very short (1 - 50km/31mi)
    • Short (50 - 200km/124mi)
    • Medium (200 - 500km/310mi)
    • Long (500 - 900km/559mi)
    • Very long (900+ km)

Everywhere i go in ETS2MP.. i only see trucks with a lot of horsepower. But why? I mean, of course, a R730 has more advantages than a R380. Faster acceleration, faster uphill. Or do we just want to be faster than the other? I mean lol, what does it prove? I rather like to be slower than the other, just for "The true trucking experience". Currently i'm driving a Mercedes 2545. Drove a 1842 before this and it does the job pretty good aswel. 

I'd like to know how much horsepower you guys drive, and how fast you drive. I'd only like EU1 players to vote, but i can't force you not to vote. 

I drive 83/84 with trailer, sometimes 89 when in a hurry. Without trailer i drive 90+, but i don't exceed 100. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drive J-Spec trucks on EU#1 (max 510HP engines) and I drive the at the server speedlimit of 110 on the freeways. I tried driving slower for a while (90km/h) but I found it not to be as pleasant as driving 110.

I'm driving a 625 bhp (1863) MB MP4. I tried driving a 449 bhp (1845/J-Spec), but it was pain for driving >1800 km per delivery, which I do very often. Especially with >=20 tons of cargo.

The 578 bhp (1858) had a good performance, but the fuel consumption I got was significantly higer than the consumption I got (get) with the 1863. So I decided for the 1863. Same counts for the 1845

Note: I often drive quick jobs with mostly provided with JSpec trucks. Almost 20% of my overall jobs are done as Quickjobs.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

As i can see there's a big variation of preferences regarding horsepower and cruising speed. I didn't expect a larger group to drive over 100 km/h, so this topic has made things clear. 

By the way, to be honest i don't think a large distance is a good reason to drive a lot of horsepower. I mean, i drive long distances with my small engine aswel.. it's more interesting :P

Keep on trucking! 

shutterstock_62238007.jpg

My Iveco is 560, (max an iveco can go :D) I cruise at the speed limit. I don't floor it at lights or other stops unless I know I need to pull off quickly (Like 2-3 trucks waiting behind me). Most of the time I press the pedal half way, which gives a realistic truck acceleration speed

"A river starts out as a puddle, wanting to grow to something much bigger. As it grows, it begins to flow, making its presence known. After persistence, the river carves its path through the rock towards the sea. You are that river, start moving!

z_siteimages%5Cimg_2074_1395921187_826_2

4601768346.png

What I drive is..... just..... everything.

From a J-spec Iveco 310 to a 750hp Hybrid.

everything about trucking experience depends on what truck I'm in, and which way I take.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

So, for the horsepower geeks under us, i got the following question;

When and if the new economy gets released for ETS2MP, and you need to start over again with a J-Spec truck (Low horsepower etc, standard) does that mean you would dislike the game? Or would it give an impression of a new challenge as you would be required to work your way up? It could take thousands of driving hours in order to afford an expensive truck like the R730. But, most of the players would be driving with a J-spec truck aswel, meaning that the world of ETS2MP would be totally different as real experienced drivers have a more powerful truck than the other drivers with less driving hours. 

I would like to see transport companies in the game when the new economy would be released. Like in real life, you'd be driving for an actual company in stead of doing quick jobs to earn money. Those companies would have a certain fleet of trucks of course, and it would be the company's decision whether to limit the trucks at a certain speedlimit, or not. Most international transport companies limit their trucks to around 90km/h. I think ETS2MP would be much more dynamic and realistic. Things would be more interesting, no?

Things would be more interesting, no?

Whoa, that's a great idea! Starting all over might be a bummer, but what the heck, we'll all be on the same page at least. And maybe companies could have a "tax" option, where you pay a percentage of your income to the company - and everyone made a collaborative effort to afford the most expensive trucks? The company owners would purchase trucks for their drivers with the tax money. Hopefully  :P

I drive a Scania with the smalest possible engine (320hp or 360hp ? is it ? ....anyways, the smallest) , i like to haul fuel only (fuel tankers, diesel, petrol and LPG). I always drive below the speed limit : 40-45 km/h in cities (30km/h when alot of players around me) , 50 km/h on country roads, reducing speed to 45km/h in curves. Max speed on highway : 65km/h.

It does take you years to travel 1600+ km , but i pride myself on doing an excelent job every time, driving responsably and emerging myself in the game.

In my country (Romania, eastern Europe) , the trucks i see on the roads only do 70 km/h , maybe 80km/h on highways , but the tankers i try to imitate have decals at 65km/h when carrying ADR stuff.

I respect all others who drive at max speed; nothing against them, it's their choice and their way of having fun, but so is mine - driving slow, enjoying the aspects of the game that i choose, and knowing that i drive as close to real life as possible.

Reaching my destination after 2000 km and 4-5 hours real time also gives me a feeling of a job well done.

So yeah, now you know !

Cheers

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

Whoa, that's a great idea! Starting all over might be a bummer, but what the heck, we'll all be on the same page at least. And maybe companies could have a "tax" option, where you pay a percentage of your income to the company - and everyone made a collaborative effort to afford the most expensive trucks? The company owners would purchase trucks for their drivers with the tax money. Hopefully  :P

Actually i had something else in mind, but i had to rush my previous reply.. however, after every job a certain percentage of the profit gets split. The company would have a budget, or wallet. Only certain people may decide what happens with the money, this is for the Company Director to decide. Players can be put in certain groups, (i.e. Directors group, similar to admins who are in a special group) which has the ability to do certain /commands, like /hire [iD] or /fire [iD]. You'll need a main bank, something like a government which will hold taxes. This is required to have an actual economy and make the money in-game actually worth something. This will give web developers some work, as they could create a web shop with money packages for directors which can be bought with real money. (Otherwise there would be a very few companies with  a lot of players). They shouldn't make it cheap though, otherwise every newbie could buy a big company for a few bucks. For example, a Scania R540 in-game costs €120.000. Put a money package in the webshop of €100.000 for €10. Imagine you want to start a company with your friend. You can decide to spend €20, buy 2 trucks and /hire your friend. Then you can both start driving taking jobs to earn some money for the company. After you've gathered enough, you can buy a third truck and /hire another friend, or a random player seeking for employment. (Section on forums? "Job employment?") 

This way you can keep expanding, and the ETS2MP developers will have an income to maintain the servers and stuff. A tax system would be complex though, because a certain percentage of the company's budget would have to be withdrawn every month, or week. If a company fails to maintain paying tax, they would be forced to sell a truck and /fire someone, otherwise you'll have a bankruptcy. But yeah, these are just some thoughts. 

Imagine how awesome ETS2MP would be :lol:

I tend to drive an Iveco 560hp usually and drive at the speed limits allowed unless it's a highway with hardly anyone about I go flat out to the server limiter / what the road can handle without rolling it :).

In convoys I drive the same Iveco with a 750hp Volvo engine instead because it takes less time to get it up to speed when people break for no reason lol

Archived