Update?

TheInsider

Hello everyone,

I notice that after Eryk left progress in updates and improvements in MP has massively degreased.

I only see updates with new game updates to support the new features and sometimes it comes with minor fixes and small updates in UI and settings and stuff, but where is the big stuff?

Take for example the double trailers, we already seen it work in MP by accident after the Scandinavia DLC release but still it's not in use! And the Skoda, it has not really a purpose but many hours put into it.

Make up your mind get something to work on and release it and make us happy!

Devs are working between the updates, so that they can release "big" updates with a lot of new functions and support for the new version. And that way the beta testers of ets2mp can test the ets2mp-versions better.

And that way you don't need to download every two days a new version which is more comfortable.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Because what Eryk did was to push updates with minor changes. What they do now is push major updates with a lot of those changes. So instead of getting 4 updates in a 10 day span you get one update "containing" those 4 updates once every 10 days.

Which I think is better. I hate having to download the new client more than necessary..

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

As far as I know, the double trailers are a beta feature, not an alpha feature. That means that double trailers might only get added when the mod goes to its BETA stage, and that is not going to happen as long as SCS is supporting ETS2 with continous updates.

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

To be honest by the things I've read around, RK stopped working on MP quote long time before he went in scs (in other words I believe he simply used the MP to get into scs);

Take for example the double trailers, we already seen it work in MP by accident after the Scandinavia DLC release but still it's not in use! And the Skoda, it has not really a purpose but many hours put into it.

• The only "kind"  support from SCS which I saw since I play in MP was them providing a beta-access-Scandinavia to mwl, so their DLC gets soldsupported asap;
  • Last time we got to test double trailers, the physics was working so badly that you couldn't drive, couldn't steer and couldn't stay stationary
  • The author(not giving name so He won't get his PM flooded)  of the "scout" postponed the project, due to personal/family issues etc.
  •  When ETS got the latest the Game Physics updated, here in MP, that bugged the trailer detach system and got the trailers flying

Sorry, unfortunately we can't control everything that happens, In other words: You may not see what's behind the stage - that doesn't mean that everything is completely abandoned

Oh btw

get something to work on and release it and make us happy!

I believe we should be at least a bit thankful, that  there is a "something" that puts his time and effort in developing, scripting and bugfixing + does it all for free, so we play with more than random AI bots

• 2 weeks later...

MWL is working on getting things done, quality rather then quantity of updates, so please just be patient! -As mentioned above.

Anywho this has now been answered and the thread will be archived accordingly. 

Archived