Save Editing

Message added by Phon,

This guide is outdated and may not contain updated, recent information. No support is provided for this guide, follow at your own risk.

Please see this guide for alternative, more detailed save editing information.

• 3 months later...

Hi I cant download the drop box file. I dont know what i click on to download and it seems to want me to register or something is there a file just available to download without giving out personal info to a one-time use company?

EDIT - anyone else having this problem, post to this thread. The "down arrow" download icon worked after doing that.

No the file doesnt work. Dragged the game.sii file over the bat and it opens dos and gives a java error. This doesnt work anymore.

This is the method which works: 

Yeah the download link still refers to the old bat file that uses Java 7 I believe... Now there's a few Sii decrypt tools out there, I use one which I compiled from a link that was given a while back which was through Python I believe. Some others program their own one, and I've seen one recently which doesn't require to change the save format to 2 now.

KkdaC1b.png

1 hour ago, Timmy TV said:

What u mean exactly by not loading?

u mean like from 1.37 to 1.38 whit local mods? 

Kind Regards

Tim

save failed to load it says on the screen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest - Pink Ribbon -

Have saves been changed as all my save edits have gone and no matter how many times I save manually in game the files timestamps don't change under my ETS2 folder. My config is still set to 2. Any ideas please? Thanks

Guest - Pink Ribbon -

I've looked at the date of the modification on all the profiles under the ETS2 folder but the latest 1.38 one is over 3 days old regardless if I manual save or not. Im getting rather puzzled with it now after the game updated from 1.37 to 1.38.

As you see the last save I did was 24/09/2020 19:21 as indicated by the cache, but none of the profiles modified to the same timestamp.

spacer.png

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, - Pink Ribbon - said:

I've looked at the date of the modification on all the profiles under the ETS2 folder but the latest 1.38 one is over 3 days old regardless if I manual save or not. Im getting rather puzzled with it now after the game updated from 1.37 to 1.38.

As you see the last save I did was 24/09/2020 19:21 as indicated by the cache, but none of the profiles modified to the same timestamp.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Do you have Virtual Speditor? If so try to drag or game.sii into the SII.decrypt of Virtual Speditor , perform the save edit , save and try again , for me worked well.

Regards!

Guest - Pink Ribbon -
18 minutes ago, THE ROCK - PT said:

Do you have Virtual Speditor? If so try to drag or game.sii into the SII.decrypt of Virtual Speditor , perform the save edit , save and try again , for me worked well.

Regards!

Thanks for the rsponse, I don't but the issue i'm having is I don't know what save to use as when I manual save it doesn't update any of the existing save profiles but it saves somewhere and I don't know where? This has happened since MP updated to 1.38 and I upgraded my version. So I don't know if they've done changes to how things save or what?

8 hours ago, - Pink Ribbon - said:

Thanks for the rsponse, I don't but the issue i'm having is I don't know what save to use as when I manual save it doesn't update any of the existing save profiles but it saves somewhere and I don't know where? This has happened since MP updated to 1.38 and I upgraded my version. So I don't know if they've done changes to how things save or what?

What folder u looking at? You are saving or quick saving?

Guest - Pink Ribbon -
9 hours ago, THE ROCK - PT said:

What folder u looking at? You are saving or quick saving?

The screenshot is my main ETS2 folder and the game does auto save when I exit out but when Im about to save edit I always manually do a save but it's not updating any of my profile folders as shown. 

1 hour ago, - Pink Ribbon - said:

The screenshot is my main ETS2 folder and the game does auto save when I exit out but when Im about to save edit I always manually do a save but it's not updating any of my profile folders as shown. 

you want to be using the profiles folder not the 1.38 BACKUP folder.

spacer.png

This is the correct file path. 

The folders in the main ets2 directory won't update when you make a new save. 

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

Guest - Pink Ribbon -
5 hours ago, quality_productions said:

spacer.png

Thanks, I'll give it a go on Monday when I'm back at my PC. Thanks, will let you know :)

Guest - Pink Ribbon -
On 9/26/2020 at 9:51 AM, quality_productions said:

spacer.png

Thanks, I got it to work now. For some reason I was able to edit in the back up saves and it worked until it updated to 1.38 thats why I was confused. But I went to profiles as before there was nothing in there (When I started save editing in 1.37) and now the proper save is there. Overall, many thanks :) I have my normal license plates back now lol

34 minutes ago, - Pink Ribbon - said:

Thanks, I got it to work now. For some reason I was able to edit in the back up saves and it worked until it updated to 1.38 thats why I was confused. But I went to profiles as before there was nothing in there (When I started save editing in 1.37) and now the proper save is there. Overall, many thanks :) I have my normal license plates back now lol

I wasn't even aware it was possible to save edit in the backup folders! Be sure to use a local profile and good luck with your editing! 

Regards, 

Quality_Productions 

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...