Save Editing

Message added by Phon,

This guide is outdated and may not contain updated, recent information. No support is provided for this guide, follow at your own risk.

Please see this guide for alternative, more detailed save editing information.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this works for ATS. But, I am trying to get this decryptor to work so I can change my trailer color. I drag and drop the save file and I get this in the CMD     

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Can not set static final boolean field javax.crypto.JceSecurity.isRestricted to java.lang.Boolean
        at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwFinalFieldIllegalAccessException(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwFinalFieldIllegalAccessException(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.UnsafeQualifiedStaticBooleanFieldAccessorImpl.set(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Field.set(Unknown Source)
        at scsc.ScsC.removeCryptographyRestrictions(ScsC.java:118)
        at scsc.ScsC.main(ScsC.java:35).

Please help. I cant get this decryptor to work. I have all the files in the same directory as the readme states. Thanks in advance

Uninstall Java 8 and download Java 7, this should do the trick for now.

You can also check this out: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=164103&start=150#p655120

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm gonna flip a table now :angry:
I tried everything, different java versions, different locations to run it in, autosave and normal save, admin permissions...

It will just say "ERROR: Expecting at least one file.", although there is  a file there which is saved in type 2 format and starts with "ScsC"

^ delete those scsc files and try this link instead:

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=164103&start=140#p512810

Or the direct link which is a lot easier: https://github.com/ncs-sniper/SII_Decrypt/blob/bin/Program/Delphi/Release/win_x86/SII_Decrypt.exe?raw=true

This also goes out to the community encountering java hiccups. Just place the application into your folder and drag the .sii file onto it. It should work this time.

Have a good one, and as always, happy trucking~

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• 1 month later...

I just get this:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Can not set static final boolean field javax.crypto.JceSecurity.isRestricted to java.lang.Boolean
        at sun.reflect.UnsafeQualifiedStaticBooleanFieldAccessorImpl.set(Unknown Source)
        at scsc.ScsC.main(ScsC.java:35)

Tried putting the game.sii file in the same directory then dragging it on the .bat file.

I have the latest version of Java 8 Update 144 installed.

Tried making a .bat file with the right parameters as listed in the ReadMe, no avail.

Any ideas? 

On 10/07/2017 at 9:43 PM, MettleMeat said:

^ delete those scsc files and try this link instead:

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=164103&start=140#p512810

Or the direct link which is a lot easier: https://github.com/ncs-sniper/SII_Decrypt/blob/bin/Program/Delphi/Release/win_x86/SII_Decrypt.exe?raw=true

This also goes out to the community encountering java hiccups. Just place the application into your folder and drag the .sii file onto it. It should work this time.

Have a good one, and as always, happy trucking~

Marked as Trojan:Win32/Spursnit.F!Cl

Works perfect though :D

Edited by sjain

• 2 months later...
On 8/24/2015 at 9:12 AM, Abed said:

Download Notepad++, open decrypted game.sii, press CTRL+F, search for "garage." and find something like that

garage : garage.bern { vehicles: 0 drivers: 0 status: 0 profit_log: _nameless.077A.34A8 productivity: 0}

Highlight

vehicles: 0 drivers: 0 status: 0

and press CTRL+F (so you have " vehicles: 0 drivers: 0 status: 0" in search), tab "Replace"

Replace for:

vehicles: 5\r vehicles[0]: null\r vehicles[1]: null\r vehicles[2]: null\r vehicles[3]: null\r vehicles[4]: null\r drivers: 5\r drivers[0]: null\r drivers[1]: null\r drivers[2]: null\r drivers[3]: null\r drivers[4]: null\r status: 3

Change search mode for "extended" and click "replace all".

After that all garages should be owned and modernized.

is there a way to do this on 1.28?

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/8/2015 at 2:12 PM, Abed said:

Download Notepad++, open decrypted game.sii, press CTRL+F, search for "garage." and find something like that

garage : garage.bern { vehicles: 0 drivers: 0 status: 0 profit_log: _nameless.077A.34A8 productivity: 0}

Highlight

vehicles: 0 drivers: 0 status: 0

and press CTRL+F (so you have " vehicles: 0 drivers: 0 status: 0" in search), tab "Replace"

Replace for:

vehicles: 5\r vehicles[0]: null\r vehicles[1]: null\r vehicles[2]: null\r vehicles[3]: null\r vehicles[4]: null\r drivers: 5\r drivers[0]: null\r drivers[1]: null\r drivers[2]: null\r drivers[3]: null\r drivers[4]: null\r status: 3

Change search mode for "extended" and click "replace all".

After that all garages should be owned and modernized.

Mine doesn't look like that.

Mine looks like this:

1faff863173364912308b4314db601b6.png

KjhfSmo.jpg

Help im just getting this error

at scsc.ScsC.main(ScsC.java:35)

Then i open the "Decrypted" file and still is encrypted fully.

• 2 months later...

Hi, all I wanted to do is edit a bit of money in. So I downloaded the save editor and transferred 2Mio to my account to buy some trucks. It did work and I didn't experience any issues. However: Now when I finish a job and park the trailer, the game crashes. It's when the window with the resume of the job is supposed to appear, the game freezes. So I have to ctrl-alt del and sign out to close the game. I reverted back to an untouched save and the issues gone. Something must have gone wrong in the editing process, but all I did was change the amount of money.

Any ideas? I don't have the time to grind for money in that game, I really just play for plain fun and nothing else, so having plenty of in-game money would make me enjoy the game 1000 times more, but having the game crash after each job is not preferable either... Hmm 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello this topic helped me really good.
And I'm having fun editting stuff.
but I have 1 problem. I have a profile which has a ingame rank of 1000+ I want to lower it down. So i changed the line experience_points in the game.sii file and pasted there a value that makes me ingame level 41.
but on choosing the profile ingame I still see the old level. but when i load the profile and actually am ingame it shows me level 41. How can I get them both showing as 41?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 2:00 PM, PeXArtZ said:

In my save games there is no "g_save_format" line.
Any help?

Probably looked from the wrong folder. Go to \Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 and open the config.cfg file with wordpad for example. There you can search for the g_save_format line and change the value from 0 to 2.

1 minute ago, amatikuski said:

Probably looked from the wrong folder. Go to \Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 and open the config.cfg file with wordpad for example. There you can search for the g_save_format line and change the value from 0 to 2.

My bad. I meant the config file.

Has the developer made changes when creating profiles? I tried adding the line to the config, but my save file is still encrypted.

23 minutes ago, PeXArtZ said:

My bad. I meant the config file.

Has the developer made changes when creating profiles? I tried adding the line to the config, but my save file is still encrypted.

It is the config file inside \Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder. Not the config file thats inside the profile folder.

• 2 weeks later...