big problem now with ping of spain

ZeuSs-73

Question

Hi! my problem is: a normal ping 43 max 50, without touching anything without more in eu-1 now I have a ping of 150-180 .... not change anything,. I'm in Spain with 20 mb download and 1mb upload. What to do?  

use cable conection ( ono optical ) and win 7 profecional.

Friday: 43 Saturday: 180 = of server eu-1 end eu-2

i hope any know to help :)

8 answers to this question

^

I had this problem earlier. Try and restart your computer. It worked for me. 

My ping was @ 250MS then when I restarted my PC it went back to 120-130ms

Edited by TheFlyingDutchman
don't quote the message above add ^ or tag name

This morning im starting my computer, open my steam, starting game and...... look ping..................42-43-45 now......WTF? maybe the week-end + summer + alot people using local server to internet, cause a up ping....i continue to look a moving ping any time and hope no more problem. ( sorry of my bad english ).

^^ Well, it seems that way. I'm from Spain too, using Telefonica 6 Mbps ADSL and usually my ping is around 70 ms, but it's so steady that I'm happy with it. Only time I found myself being kicked continuously was because I hadn't noticed Steam was "auto-updating" another game and it was causing my ADSL to be 100% used. And I've heard from another users that Cable operators, in Spain, usually trick their offers... They sell you like 20 Mbps download but then they put a 100 Mbps link for a building with let's say, 20 neighbors. They assume that it will never happen that all users are downloading at the same time, and even if it happens and you call to complaint... They'll just probably say: "Hey, the offer is cable link 'up to' 20 Mbps...". Most of them don't even guarantee a minimum download bandwidth. Unless you pay an obscene amount to get a real dedicated line.

Keep checking. If next weekend you find this same issue, that can be the explanation. More people using a limited bandwidth and causing it to saturate. Good luck and regards.

(Spanish, for a better understanding of the OP:

Bueno, eso parece. Soy de España también, usando Telefónica 6 Mbps ADSL y por lo general mi ping es de alrededor de 70 ms, pero es tan constante que estoy contento con él. La única vez que me encontré siendo expulsado continuamente era porque no me había dado cuenta de que Steam estaba con una "actualización automática" de otro juego y fue la causa de tener mi ADSL al 100%. He oído a otros usuarios que los operadores de cable, en España, por lo general engañan con sus ofertas ... Venden, por ejemplo, 20 Mbps de descarga, pero luego ponen un enlace de 100 Mbps para un edificio con digamos, 20 vecinos. Ellos asumen que nunca va a suceder que todos los usuarios están descargando al mismo tiempo, e incluso si sucede y llamas para quejarte... probablemente dirán: "Oye, la oferta es enlace de cable hasta 20 Mbps ... ". La mayoría de ellos ni siquiera garantiza un ancho de banda mínimo de descarga. A menos que pagues una cantidad obscena para conseguir una línea dedicada real.

Sigue atento. Si el próximo fin de semana te encuentras esta misma cuestión, esa puede ser la explicación. Más personas utilizando un ancho de banda limitado y provocando que se sature. Buena suerte y saludos.)

Well, I have fixed 20 mb download and set as real steam example download  2.5 mb second. I think being local server problem. ahh in general of any game i have a ping of min 18 and max 90 (90 in arma3 or Day Z) 

Are you still having problems with the ping on the game server?

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback, remember to stay positive.

Retired Support Member @Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

I`m not giving support via private message unless offered,

please use the selection called "help" on the forums.