Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

VTC Truck Skins

Suggestion Name: VTC Truck Skins

Suggestion Description: To implement VTC truck skins for use by bigger VTC's. I know the initial idea was to implement this with full VTC support, but since you guys are fine with waiting for a few years untill SCS stops supporting ETS2 that won't happen soon. I think atleast we should implement VTC skins. These skins will only be available only to members of trusted VTC's with, lets say, atleast 50 members minimum. 

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: So that the only things that show a VTC aren't just a name tag and a boring stock paint scheme in different colours. It also shouldn't be too hard to implement and update with future patches of ETS2. 

How would you control who has access to what skins? How would you obtain copyright permission? What server would these skins be hosted on, how much server space and bandwidth will they use? VTC Skins are planned, just not for now. There are currently more important things that are being worked on. I'll leave the topic open for discussion.

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

• 3 weeks later...

i would say that VTC's could do a monthly "donate" of 1-2 euros to help with servers and then upload theyr skins to the server, but synchronization work and ability to use skins in a "selected way" (employees only) will be much harder to figure and code i believe.
they could go to a sort of "cache" to non employees, so that they could see the skins ingame, but not able to choose them, and VTC would give skin to its employees so that they can then add it to truck ingame.... could work maybe.
but still, other stuff is more important with the mod, i know, and since scs keeps updating the game regularly, its hard for the MP team to keep up with inovations, when they have to make mod compatible again with latest game version....
but hope the "cached mod" idea can help in a way to do the VTC's skinning avaiable ingame.

• Upvote 1

76561198020681743.png

As long as there is no advanced VTC system implemented, everyone should be able to choose every single skin. Someone can easily pretend to be a specific VTC driver and behave bad so that VTC gets a bad reputation.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

You shouldn't have to deal with copyright stuff if you made the logos and the design for the paint job?

Exactly, most VTC's have their own names and logo's, not taken from real companies. I think if a system to allow admins to have the police cars but players to only get the civillian version gets made, maybe the same system can be used for these VTC truck skins?

i would say that VTC's could do a monthly "donate" of 1-2 euros to help with servers and then upload theyr skins to the server, but synchronization work and ability to use skins in a "selected way" (employees only) will be much harder to figure and code i believe.

they could go to a sort of "cache" to non employees, so that they could see the skins ingame, but not able to choose them, and VTC would give skin to its employees so that they can then add it to truck ingame.... could work maybe.

but still, other stuff is more important with the mod, i know, and since scs keeps updating the game regularly, its hard for the MP team to keep up with inovations, when they have to make mod compatible again with latest game version....

but hope the "cached mod" idea can help in a way to do the VTC's skinning avaiable ingame.

ill pay xD

Pro Twitch Streamer > Clashin_Jon.png                                                     

For such offers, authors should tell as to make it! To write a sentence - it's easy, but think how to do it - not everyone can!

ResTed.gif

Бронзовый призёр в номинации "Сотрудник поддержки 2016"

Game Moderator Leader of the Year 2019 - #2

TMPForum.png

• 1 year later...

TruckersMP is not going to add any paint jobs or skins anytime soon because it would require an additional download, thus making the total file size bigger which leads to longer download times. In addition, those paint jobs or VTC skins need to be always up to date which would require additional work for the developers. Also, it would be really unfair if there was a VTC which would get a skin and another one would not get it. That would split the players and would make some more special than others and this is certainly not what TruckersMP wants to do when trying to treat everybody equally.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.