Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Concept - Allow custom textures for Trailer

Tisdan

Hello everyone,

today I would like to share my Idea of custom trailer textures and how the game should handle them.

Since we all know about the tiny lag that you'll get when another driver enters your area, i just made a concept wich should be possible for every other player.

Files:

We need some files for the trailer

basecolor.png -> 1x1 = Basic color of the trailer (Why 1x1? You'll see later)

trailer_side_left.png = left side of the trailer

trailer_side_right.png = Right side

trailer_back.png = Rear Side (Where the doors are)

You now may say "4 Textures? But that will give us a lag spike!"

Here's my concept

Once a trailer enters your radius, the file "basecolor.png" will be loaded and applied to every side of the trailer.

Now we need to stream the 2 other textures. First, the game will load a low resolution file for the other 3 sides.

Once they are loaded, it will load the full size images.

Would that make sense on roads? No.

Custom trailer textures should only be loaded inside cities. On Roads or highways, only the basecolor.png should be loaded.

What do you think?

• Upvote 1

I do support this. I like the idea. But there are many problems with this. We already have trolls putting nudity in their Avatars. The last thing we need is for it to be on the trailers..

Edited by ZiroX
Removed Quote

If we can disable that in the options to see only the "basecolor.png" on a laggy PC it can be possible yes. But I think it can't be do before the MP will be in stable version.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey,

After careful consideration, we have decided to not implement this suggestion at the moment. We feel that this is not a priority at the moment and we also feel that there is not enough demand for this to be added.

I hope you take this decision on board. Feel free to suggest it in the later future but at the moment, it is a no. 

//Rejected