Coloured License Plates

Awesome. Thanks for sharing!

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

Maybe you've written something wrong in the save that doesn't let it load. Did you try putting in your backup game.sii to see if it fixes the issue?

EDIT: Scratch that, you got the problem with the config.cfg file. Are you sure you saved it in .cfg format? If you've saved it as a text file, like .txt the game probably won't be able to read it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As for now, I figured out the magic behind the hex color codes for license plates.

Here's an example: 

<color value=FF008F31>

That should yield a green similar to the Scout car (Skoda) logo. The eight characters are divided in four, two per value. So it'll go as Alpha value, Blue value, Green value and Red value. For some reason, I don't know why Red and Blue are swapped, but it's tested and working!

For a full red, it should be FF0000FF, green should be FF00FF00 and blue FFFF0000.

• Like 1

KkdaC1b.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

<color value=FF088A85>

Hmm...

I tested it and found:

• HTML color code applies to the first 6 digits of the value. In the quoted example, it is "FF088A".
  • The last 2-digit value of the color value, I guess, represents the brightness of the selected color. It may scale from 00 to 99; when the 2-digit value is 00, the license plate is black, and when the value is 99, the color of license plate is the same with the HTML color.
  • if the last 2 digits are missing, the license plate would be blank, or maybe all letters become white? I'm not sure because my license plate has a white background color.