Shoutbox for forum

Twido

Are forum suggestion made here? I dunno, just gonna put it here.

Suggestion Name: Shoutbox for forum
Suggestion Description: I think it would be a nice idea to have a shoutbox on our forum to talk to eachother live.

Any example images: 

hnMKE90.png
Picture is from a Trucking server on SA-MP no IP or link to forum will be given.

The shoutbox is located above the forum. not in another board.

Why should it be added?: I've seen users creating topic for small questions. Instead they can ask in shoutbox to get a quick answer. Also this won't be heavy for the forum server. so don't cry about that please.

Thanks 

I agree with Daniel.

-Minimum of 15 posts on topics to reply.

-Minumum of 5 characters.

-No insulting.

IPB offer a great free shoutbox in the market place (found on the client forums) which has quite alot of settings to do all that. Set which groups can use it, how many posts are required, flood protection (set how long before you can use it again) and so on. It's a great shoutbox with lots of customization.

As someone who ran a forum which used IPB with the shoutbox I found everyone stopped posting and just used the shoutbox for pretty much everything which probably wouldn't be ideal.

IQHDzDd.gif

• 3 years later...