lost my save after upgrade game client version 1.92

jhonpowl62

Question

13 answers to this question

ETS2 makes backup on every game update - simply go to Euro Truck Simulator folder, located at My Documents

my profile doesn't exist at Euro Truck Simulator.

when i start ETS2 in single or MP player,it always ask me to create new profile

i had played this game a lot time.

Any chance you are playing on a new computer? Profiles don't transfer, if you don't upload them to world of Trucks. You have to create an account there. If you link it with your steam profile, it will automatically show without the need of logging in each time.

But what Firestarter meant was to use windows explorer (or your respective folder managing) and locate your game folders. The full path is probably: C:\Users\YOUUSERNAME\Documents\Euro Trcuk Simulator 2
You have to replace YOURUSERNAME with your pc user name.

It's not really much you can do if you have lost your player profile. But you can start with a beginner save so have been created by Clarkinator.

Check out this topic for more information: http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/11094-ets2mp-beginner-save-file/ - Happy Trucking!

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback, remember to stay positive.

Retired Support Member @Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

I`m not giving support via private message unless offered,

please use the selection called "help" on the forums.

For anyone reporting lost saves or profile information. Anytime you update your SCS software, its advised to make a backup of your profile data in your my documents/ets2 forlder. Normally, updates rename your current profiles to -profiles-version-number-here-. If they exist on the previous version, copy your saves/profile to the new ETS profile folder. All should work again. :)

Lets know how you get on.

Aireviel.jpg

Retired ets2mp trucker, cya all elsewhere. B)

• ~~~~~ TripLogger assistant developer. ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Follow me on TwitchTV ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Add me on Steam ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Don't report players, you will be banned for it. ;) ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Be Chill, life is only a game ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Aireviel ~~~~~

Any chance you are playing on a new computer? Profiles don't transfer, if you don't upload them to world of Trucks. You have to create an account there. If you link it with your steam profile, it will automatically show without the need of logging in each time.

But what Firestarter meant was to use windows explorer (or your respective folder managing) and locate your game folders. The full path is probably: C:\Users\YOUUSERNAME\Documents\Euro Trcuk Simulator 2

You have to replace YOURUSERNAME with your pc user name.

no..i only played at this computer.is possible if i restore my previous backup version will make my profile back again ?

sorry for my english

no  profile  xxxxx.bak

sdsd_zpswecyud9w.jpg

Philip, It happened to me and I was able to move my saves/profile over and when restarting the game, logged in with my registered account and it worked for me.

Aireviel.jpg

Retired ets2mp trucker, cya all elsewhere. B)

• ~~~~~ TripLogger assistant developer. ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Follow me on TwitchTV ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Add me on Steam ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Don't report players, you will be banned for it. ;) ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Be Chill, life is only a game ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Aireviel ~~~~~

Either you load up the Beginner profile which Valshy has provided link to in the 7th post or make a new profile start again :/

And i personally reccomend you to save your Profile folder onto some external media like a Pendrive/CD or anything you prefer and also linking it to World of Trucks for a better security

Happy Trucking