"Runtime Error"

AmyLucia

Question

Uhm Hey,

Ever since this latest update, my computer has been getting the following:

OwyNWXp.png

I do not get this error with SP, even after several consecutive hours... The only place I get this is in MP when playing for sustained periods of time. What is going on here?

12 answers to this question

Hi:

This is a common error on MP (i suppose). This also happens to me. Try this:

go to launcher - properties - compatibility - choose your operative system below "Execute this program in compatibility mode for:"

If not, put in contact with a mod developer.

Greetings

team_team-game-admin.png    TEAM MEMBER SINCE APRIL 2016. SPANISH / ENGLISH IGA TEAM MEMBER.

how to appeal a ban      how to report a user       In-game rules      feedback & contacting upper staff    

Is there a way of seeing that I actually need this though? I don't want to download anything if I don't need to.

It says it right in the Pop-up box that it's from Microsoft Visuals C++ Runtime. It's worth a shot. 

Runtime issues generally happen when you're missing C++ redistro packages. Install the download and if its still the same, you'll need to provide more information about your OS.

Aireviel.jpg

Retired ets2mp trucker, cya all elsewhere. B)

• ~~~~~ TripLogger assistant developer. ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Follow me on TwitchTV ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Add me on Steam ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Don't report players, you will be banned for it. ;) ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Be Chill, life is only a game ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Aireviel ~~~~~

• Update your DirectX
  • Update your video card driver: Nvidia, AMD, Intel
  • Update Microsoft Visual C++ library: 2012,2010(for 64x), 2010(86x), 2008(86x)
  • Try to reinstal the game to another directory. Not C:\ 

DirectX = Up to date

Video Card... Ha, you are funny man, This heap of dust wouldn't even support one :P

MVC = I think that is now sorted, We shall find out later on

Another Directory ... Implying I have more than one HDD/SSD

The video card could then be the problem of the whole thing then.

How much ram do you have as this can also be a memory issue.

$ĝ† $αl†™
                                                                                                                                            My Timeline

2015                              2016                                2017                                2018                                 2019                               2020

image.png.eb72a906ab285e9c832317a851ff8ba0.pngimage.png.608bcf9759f058e5ed629fbcd272c4d9.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.4212c57dd0bfa6d68705da04bffec7f8.pngimage.png.6a3b9da8b22eb70cf35d52e1c519ef60.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.2127c084388aafe1d821d6900d1f3704.png

Graphics and RAM shouldn't be an issue... This isn't an issue that has happened.. VER, before 0.1.9.1 ... That is when O started getting this issue... I used to play MP for coming close to 12 hours at any given time, but since this update, It struggles to get more than 4 hours of gameplay from time to time.

But if you Should know...

I have an integrated Chipset @ 256mb Dedicated and annoyingly have 3gb of RAM, because my mother thought that was a good amount to have -.-

Graphics and RAM shouldn't be an issue... This isn't an issue that has happened.. VER, before 0.1.9.1 ... That is when O started getting this issue... I used to play MP for coming close to 12 hours at any given time, but since this update, It struggles to get more than 4 hours of gameplay from time to time.

But if you Should know...

I have an integrated Chipset @ 256mb Dedicated and annoyingly have 3gb of RAM, because my mother thought that was a good amount to have -.-

To quote your mom's decision "wow".. Now for the specs. I would try and ask her if you can get more ram or at least a PCI-e video card with more memory. There are a lot more people playing multi-player now and thus more models to render. The extra resources will be deemed useful. 

Are you still getting this error message then you are playing the multiplayer mod?

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback, remember to stay positive.

Retired Support Member @Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

I`m not giving support via private message unless offered,

please use the selection called "help" on the forums.

This topic is marked inactive, locked and moved to unsolved.

- If you have more questions / issues with the multiplayer mod, create a new topic in the support selection! -Happy Trucking!

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback, remember to stay positive.

Retired Support Member @Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

I`m not giving support via private message unless offered,

please use the selection called "help" on the forums.