Highlight player that come closer

Suggestion Name: Highlight player that come closer

Suggestion Description: In the tab "Players near you" it would be nice, if players would marked green, if the distance is increasing and marked red, if the distance is decreasing..
Any example images:  - 
Why should it be added?: Easy seeing, which players are near. Good on intersections to check what you see.

I can see where you are coming from with this and I think it would be nice to have something to make it easier to identify who's nearer or the farthest, however, the players list already have a distance meter. What I think would work better is if the names would switch places around as the distances change. Like... the nearest a player is to you, the closer his/her name shows to yours, for example. The downside to that is the frequency which names would change around. Would probably make it confusing to keep track of someone in particular you might want, for instance. I guess that with that being said, just colors might be the best route. Which after all makes my post somewhat irrelevant. lol

I just wonder if that would cause any extra load on the client since they'll have extra data to process.

• Upvote 3

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

But adding an option to sort your list by distance shouldn't be that difficult to implement. Maybe both in combination would be fine. But a to sort your list by distance would be a big improvement.

Yes, it'd be better and more understable to sort by distance instead of by... I don't see how to call that... well let's be simple in the name : The actual system. +1

This is a practical proposition. Even if only the distance were to change colour from green to red, depending on whether it is increasing or decreasing would be suitable, as opposed to the name also.
I think the current method for the arrangement of players in the Tab menu is adequate as is.

+1

Wakes.jpg

Currently: image.pngEn Route: Nowhere

This will be something interesting seeing in the future. - Happy Trucking!

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback, remember to stay positive.

Retired Support Member @Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

I`m not giving support via private message unless offered,

please use the selection called "help" on the forums.

What could be interresting would be a color code for the security distance :
0-70m : Red, it's too low
70-100m : Orange, a little more would be better
100m and + : Green, distance is OK

It'd be useful in convoy because by just checking the name's color we would see if we should leave more space or not.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/06/2015 at 2:49 PM, vanRanDahlE said:

Nome da sugestão : Jogador de destaque que se aproxima

Descrição da sugestão : na guia "Jogadores perto de você", seria legal se os jogadores estivessem verdes, se a distância aumentar e ficar vermelha, se a distância estiver diminuindo ..
Qualquer exemplo de imagens : - 
Por que deveria ser adicionado? : Visualização fácil, quais jogadores estão perto. Bom em interseções para verificar o que você vê.

Helo @vanRanDahlE I buried your idea, friend, I would change a lot of it in mp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You could highlight players too if they get sorted in the direction of the meters they are away from you, so at the top there is you, underneath you in your nearest player and so on.

But all in one +1

Steam:  76561198091457586.png                                  TruckersMP: status.png

TruckyApp 1st German-Translator, Media Team and now retired Teammember

I think that's any good idea

Sincerely, El_Bras!leño
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           TruckersMP 

Portuguese - English - German

• 1 month later...