fatal error wtf

77Zachery

Question

16 answers to this question

Go to Documents -> and there you shall see a ETS2 Profile (where the saves are) -> Cut that folder and move it somewhere else.

Start the game in single player and make the first quest. Then go to multiplayer. 

If this helped, you then can copy the save files from the old profile to the new (only the save files).

• Upvote 1

Some say the world will end in fire / Some say in ice / From what i've tasted of desire / I hold with those who favor fire

But if it had to perish twice / I think i know enough of hate / To say that for destruction ice / It also grate And wold suffice

You are welcomed :D

This can be closed and moved to solved.

• Upvote 1

Some say the world will end in fire / Some say in ice / From what i've tasted of desire / I hold with those who favor fire

But if it had to perish twice / I think i know enough of hate / To say that for destruction ice / It also grate And wold suffice

Problem not solved i got absolutely the same fatal error, and i am 10000% sure is not from the saves, not just because i tried this method and did not work, because the same saves/proffiles run without any problems in single player. The game throws the fatal error only in the MP, so it's from the latest patch. Today is the 3th day and nothing is fixed.

Problem not solved i got absolutely the same fatal error, and i am 10000% sure is not from the saves, not just because i tried this method and did not work, because the same saves/proffiles run without any problems in single player. The game throws the fatal error only in the MP, so it's from the latest patch. Today is the 3th day and nothing is fixed.

SP injects different tasks than the MP.

For example in SP you make have a save file with some different aspects like Mods that multiplayer does not support. When you go back to MP, it will crash because those aspects cannot be rendered in MP.

I don't know if this is the case in your situation. The saves can be one of the possibilities. 

Also some some other possibilities can be:

The fonts -> if you do not have the specific fonts installed in your computer may cause this issue -> check for the open sans font in c:/windows/fonts;

Some corrupted files inside the game installation or MP -> a simple reinstall can do the trick

Some hardware problems if you have an old PC that is overloading due to HD rendering. 

SP injects different tasks than the MP.

For example in SP you make have a save file with some different aspects like Mods that multiplayer does not support. When you go back to MP, it will crash because those aspects cannot be rendered in MP.

I don't know if this is the case in your situation. The saves can be one of the possibilities. 

Also some some other possibilities can be:

The fonts -> if you do not have the specific fonts installed in your computer may cause this issue -> check for the open sans font in c:/windows/fonts;

Some corrupted files inside the game installation or MP -> a simple reinstall can do the trick

Some hardware problems if you have an old PC that is overloading due to HD rendering. 

Still make no sense for me. In Documents there is 2 folders one for the MP one for the SP. In the MP folder there is no folders or files connected with the profiles or saves. If you are saying there is problem with the proffiles in Documents SP, this should be a problem and for the single player, and just because i dont have a single mod different from the MP installed to my PC this means that my saves and proffiles have nothing to do different in MP. And btw i reinstalled the MP several times and worked only once, but than i was not connected in the server, so that means, every time when the game try to connect me in the server the game throw Fatal error which mean that there is nothing to do with fonts and HD rendering.

Uninstall again, download ccleaner, clean your registry, and pc temp information. Reinstall MP. Remove any mods in the mods directory (sp folder where your config is), only do this if you can't disable mods in-game. Re-install your latest graphics drivers, Then try it.

What OS are you on btw? Can you also post your crash log?

Aireviel.jpg

Retired ets2mp trucker, cya all elsewhere. B)

• ~~~~~ TripLogger assistant developer. ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Follow me on TwitchTV ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Add me on Steam ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Don't report players, you will be banned for it. ;) ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Be Chill, life is only a game ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Aireviel ~~~~~

Uninstall again, download ccleaner, clean your registry, and pc temp information. Reinstall MP. Remove any mods in the mods directory (sp folder where your config is), only do this if you can't disable mods in-game. Re-install your latest graphics drivers, Then try it.

What OS are you on btw? Can you also post your crash log?

He is on windows vista, mp has worked for him in the past. The message say       "An application fatal error would you like to send crash.log file to developers?"

\My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\ and post here the game.crash.txt in code tags please. Without it there is no way to know what the problem is. Please also do as I suggested above.

Aireviel.jpg

• ~~~~~ Aireviel ~~~~~

Thanks this actually fixed the problem. I dont know how some people came up with ideas like reinstall your game ...

You come here looking for help from those who spend countless hours answering questions for free (normally the same questions over and over), and then you compain about the answers you receive. That's a bit rude, isn't it?

Aireviel.jpg

• ~~~~~ Aireviel ~~~~~