Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

warning message - direction of travel

Good idea or not ?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea or not ?

This poll is closed to new votes

Suggestion Description: It would be useful to have a message that reminds us of the traffic's direction when we log in (We don't always remember if when we logged out we were in UK or not), when we take the boat/tunnel or when we teleports from UK to the continent (And vice-versa).

Any example images (Click on the picture to maximise it) : ets2_011.jpg ets2_012.jpg

Why should it be added?: It would reduce the number of accidental wrong ways (I often accidentaly drive at the right when I log on in UK or when I arrive in UK by the boat/tunnel, and vice-versa, if I drove a long in UK I accidentaly drive at the left when I arrive in the continent).

Suggestion Description: It would be useful to have a message that reminds us of the traffic's direction when we log in (We don't always remember if when we logged out we were in UK or not), when we take the boat/tunnel or when we teleports from UK to the continent (And vice-versa).

Any example images (Click on the picture to maximise it) : ets2_011.jpg ets2_012.jpg

Why should it be added?: It would reduce the number of accidental wrong ways (I often accidentaly drive at the right when I log on in UK or when I arrive in UK by the boat/tunnel, and vice-versa, if I drove a long in UK I accidentaly drive at the left when I arrive in the continent).

Some grammar mistakes;

First box: 'You entered in UK, remember that you have to drive at on the left. Have a good trip!'

Second box: 'You left UK, remember that you have to drive at on the right. Have a good trip!'

Other than that, the suggestion is nice. Please add this!

+1 Finally something so could help and remind the players.

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback, remember to stay positive.

Retired Support Member @Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

I`m not giving support via private message unless offered,

please use the selection called "help" on the forums.

i like the idea but i do think you stadnard kinda ignore that message after playing a while.kinda the brain that filters info.

but anyway it cant have negative influence and it doesnt seems that much work soo +1

i like the idea but i do think you stadnard kinda ignore that message after playing a while.kinda the brain that filters info.

but anyway it cant have negative influence and it doesnt seems that much work soo +1

At least it will work at the beginning and on the newbies, but you know I can't do something against brain's filter, I'm not a psychologist ;)

Not to mention the small hints you get along the way, if you bother to look at the signs along the road..... since they are placed on different sides of the road, depending on if you're driving in the uk or continental eu.

But a good idea anyway.

And i like that you used a blue frame for the info.

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

wouldn't be easier to call it you enter England drive at the left side ? 

and also English is not everyone his native language 

but yeah i like the idea 

All other messages and chat infos are in english, so I don't think it's such a big problem

Suggestion Name:  warning message

Suggestion Description: If you go to England or come back from England you get a warning messagge of drive on the right side like if you go England you get this "This England, go on left side" or if you go out "You left England go on right side"
Any example images: No
Why should it be added?: Because i think im not the only one when he go to the docks and see trucks going oncoming traffic

Good Morning, Buksikutya77

This have already been suggested and waiting for being accepted or denied. Next time make sure you are not suggestion something so already have been suggested! - Happy Trucking!

Link to the original suggestion: http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/17330-reminders-of-the-changing-of-the-traffic-direction/

wouldn't be easier to call it you enter England drive at the left side ? 

The UK in the game is still made up of 3 different countries. Wales, England and Scotland. 

I think that if you don't know what side to drive on then you OPEN YOUR EYES and LOOK at the MULTIPLE signs that are placed more or less EVERYWHERE!!!!

twitter.pngyoutube.png

IMO:

Define everything as intentional.

A temp ban can make players remember always to drive on the correct side of road.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

I think that if you don't know what side to drive on then you OPEN YOUR EYES and LOOK at the MULTIPLE signs that are placed more or less EVERYWHERE!!!!

1) I'm not stupid, I completely know that we've to drive on the right except  in UK. But when you're habituated to drive even if you took a boat you'll certainly start to drive in wrong way.

2) Multiples signs, everywhere, well there is one sign in UK and pictos on the road, and on the continent only pictos. It's not what I call Multiples signs, everywhere :P.

Hello Truckers,

This is something so could help players not getting banned for driving on the wrong way and ramming people.

• Guest changed the title to warning message - direction of travel
  • 2 years later...