Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

New rule :D

Suggestion Name: New rule for MP

Suggestion Description: Add a new rule for about having a red name ingame seen as it looks like admin name
Any example images: None
Why should it be added?: cos it's confusing :D

• Upvote 1

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

We already perm ban users that impersonate staff, however we are looking into creating a system blacklist regarding tags.

Yay and at least you didn't ban me before cos my name was red <3

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

Red is almost best color seen on both day and night views, also reminder of "hit your brakes now or you'll hit me" :P

I prefer yellow at night and whatever color in the day but red means danger so you can't go near people with red name :P

Hello Truckers,

Just to let you guys know, that Game Administrators are having some letters above their name "ADMIN". 

I do not see the point removing the red colors from the Multiplayer mod because of this. - Happy Trucking!

• Upvote 1

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback, remember to stay positive.

Retired Support Member @Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

I`m not giving support via private message unless offered,

please use the selection called "help" on the forums.

But i think when the admins get the police cars, it'll be easier for the players to see whether it is just admin or some noob pretending to be admin

• Upvote 2

Why not simply add some symbol like the one for detached trailers - e.g. police hat?

I like that idea! Police hat icon, just within the IGA rank group.

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

Yes. I think it's a good idea to use a red tag to warn others. In fact I use this tag to warn others about my lag problem.

But...

What if we have this..

[i have seen 2 of them today and both reported.]

ZyjaUMF.jpg

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

I like that idea! Police hat icon, just within the IGA rank group.

You could give the police cars a police hat as well! jokes :P imagine though

I thought about it but nah, you shouldn´t care f it´s a admin or not. Becuse i hope you drive responsible even when there´s only regular players around you...

Ye but if you get some player driving around going lol im going to ban you later or something and some people may get worried about getting about getting banned even if they don't do anything wrong, it may annoy some people then they may cause problems then the real admins have to deal with it when they have other stuff to sort out all because of a fake admin causing problems.

Also the fake admin may preform roads blocks then cause chaos.

P.s. your flashy sig is annoying me :3 

Tags in username - Kick / Ban
It is forbidden to add "Forum Mod", "TS3 Admin" or similar tags to your nickname, which could suggest you're an official ETS2MP Team member or anything similar.

Is there a reason there was no white-list put on the server to disallow certain words? Its food for thought for your next update. ;)

Aireviel.jpg

Retired ets2mp trucker, cya all elsewhere. B)

• ~~~~~ TripLogger assistant developer. ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Follow me on TwitchTV ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Add me on Steam ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Don't report players, you will be banned for it. ;) ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Be Chill, life is only a game ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Aireviel ~~~~~

Is there a reason there was no white-list put on the server to disallow certain words? Its food for thought for your next update. ;)

Like you could whitelist

Mod

Admin

ADMIN

MOD

Police

POLICE

All the mods names

But obvs add exceptions to the proper mods/admins

Why not simply add some symbol like the one for detached trailers - e.g. police hat?

I like this idea :) 

I can see how the player tags can and will be abused. I recommend blacklisting certain words and filtering them. Not only words that imply staff, but also offensive words. I however don't feel that the RED color should be disabled/removed/etc. I hope everyone is clear enough to understand that when they see red text, that that does not directly imply that player belongs to staff. But it actually being the text itself that implies if a player is staff or not. 

Next to that, a bit off-topic: I've noticed that there's no limit to the amount of text you enter into the settings for the player-tag. Does it get shortened ingame or can players actually run with a player tag like: 

ThisIsTheLongestNameYouveEverSeenButItIsntActuallyANameButJustAPlayerTag - <name>

?? :D

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

Ye but if you get some player driving around going lol im going to ban you later or something and some people may get worried about getting about getting banned even if they don't do anything wrong, it may annoy some people then they may cause problems then the real admins have to deal with it when they have other stuff to sort out all because of a fake admin causing problems.

Also the fake admin may preform roads blocks then cause chaos.

P.s. your flashy sig is annoying me :3 

True...

P.s It´s there for people to pay attention to it ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.