Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Loan, Workers, quitting during a longdrive.

Exiless

Question

Hello! 

I'm brand new to the multiplayer section and was at fist pretty excited, but I have several questions.

• The time seems to be fixed for the server. Means if I take a bank loan the ingame days to pay the dept back is ticking wether I'm online or not? Am I correct? If so, taking a loan online seems kinda risky. 

Also it clearly says on several pages that workers does NOT work on the multiplayer section. Whomever. I played this morning and hired 2 workers. None of them made a income while i played. But now when I'm back and log in my account balance went from 80k to about 400k (prolly couse of the workers right?) and also I can see that 1 of the workers has a higher driver raiting than me and went from 2 skill points to about 10-15. So they do work, even if you're not playing. Strange...

• I've read on forums that its suggested that you play on SP untill you can afford your own truck to drive around in. Why is that? 
  •  
  • Sometimes I have to drive across whole europe but I dont have time to finnish. If i save half way and take a break(eating dinner, sleeping and continue next day) and I log on again. My drive has gone to waste due delivery time expired. Is there anyway to bypass this or do you have to make sure to finnish the whole drive before quitting? 

//Exiless

6 answers to this question

Hello! 

I'm brand new to the multiplayer section and was at fist pretty excited, but I have several questions.

• The time seems to be fixed for the server. Means if I take a bank loan the ingame days to pay the dept back is ticking wether I'm online or not? Am I correct? If so, taking a loan online seems kinda risky. 

Also it clearly says on several pages that workers does NOT work on the multiplayer section. Whomever. I played this morning and hired 2 workers. None of them made a income while i played. But now when I'm back and log in my account balance went from 80k to about 400k (prolly couse of the workers right?) and also I can see that 1 of the workers has a higher driver raiting than me and went from 2 skill points to about 10-15. So they do work, even if you're not playing. Strange...

• I've read on forums that its suggested that you play on SP untill you can afford your own truck to drive around in. Why is that? 
  •  
  • Sometimes I have to drive across whole europe but I dont have time to finnish. If i save half way and take a break(eating dinner, sleeping and continue next day) and I log on again. My drive has gone to waste due delivery time expired. Is there anyway to bypass this or do you have to make sure to finnish the whole drive before quitting? 

//Exiless

Welcome to Multi-player :D

To answer your question. Yes it is better to drive in single player until you have enough money to buy your own truck. Reasons about time and explanation below.

• It's better to have your own truck online so you can drive around solo with out worrying about damage costs on a truck that isn't yours.
  • Yes when you're online. Your single player drivers still drive for you. You won't get the notifications as you would in singleplayer. But yes. They're still driving. 
  • Taking a bank loan and going online is quite risky from the time differences. It's best to do that offline until you have time to pay it back.
  • The MP game time runs on the server so when you sleep or eat. Time is still ticking. 
  • When you buy a truck. Make sure you also have enough money to pay for the damages that sometimes happens online due to trolls. 

If you want to use a profile for online. This one should help. Click Here http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/11094-ets2mp-beginner-save-file/#entry78784

Thanks for the reply Blazie.

It's noted that I should not take loans on a online account due to the risks lol. 

Also hiring drivers for your company seems to me to be a way to get the game broken and boring. The reason I play is to advance in income and with drivers. But if the drivers are working crazy when im not even playing i will just get a huge income which I do not deserve everytime i decide to go back to the game. Also i can just start a profile now hire some drivers and go AFK for a month and i will afford to buy whole europe. LOL whats the fun of that? =) 

New questions:

• Why is the gametime online 2 times slower than the regular gameplay?

Thanks for the online profile there. I'm the guy who plays games from scratch with out cheating. So I will prolly just make a new profile and play myself to the top myslef. :) 

Thanks for the reply Blazie.

It's noted that I should not take loans on a online account due to the risks lol. 

Also hiring drivers for your company seems to me to be a way to get the game broken and boring. The reason I play is to advance in income and with drivers. But if the drivers are working crazy when im not even playing i will just get a huge income which I do not deserve everytime i decide to go back to the game. Also i can just start a profile now hire some drivers and go AFK for a month and i will afford to buy whole europe. LOL whats the fun of that? =) 

New questions:

• Why is the gametime online 2 times slower than the regular gameplay?

Thanks for the online profile there. I'm the guy who plays games from scratch with out cheating. So I will prolly just make a new profile and play myself to the top myslef. :)

I'm not sure what the MP Game time in. But yes it's a hell of a lot slower. If you got a trailer from single player. You have about 8000-12000hrs in MP to finish it. 

Also NP. Just if you wanted to Game in MP with out some worry. That profile will work. You can have Multiple profiles you know.