Some AI traffic in the future of MP mod?

teiubescmicutzamea

Question

I know at this moment is not possible to ad AI traffic in the next update, but I think there is more players who don't like to drive alone on highway cause sometime is so borring to not see any other truck on the road. So if in the next future of this game mod I wish to find a way to add some Ai traffic cars to make this simulation game more realistic.

Sorry about my bad language, I don't speak werry good english, so I hope you can  understand what I mean to say!

Want AI? Go play singeplayer... They created this mod to play with other people, not AI, so what's the point of adding it?

If you are bored driving alone, create or join a convoy or make friends on the forum and play togheter...

• Upvote 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Its not going to happen; the AI would cause a lot of problems to the server and people.

Not too many more than poor player drivers already cause. 

While the current stance on AI implementation to multiplayer is a steady " No ", They recently did a poll on facebook asking ,theoretically, that if AI was possible to implement; would you want it to be implemented. The vast majority voted yes. 

Now I'm no master theory crafter, but if there wasn't a chance to add something that has been constantly asked over a large period of time by many players and polls; why bother polling something you're never going to plan on doing. Personally, I believe that they're testing different ways to implement AI to Multiplayer and are unsure of their feelings on AI implementation.

• Upvote 1

Well, I too love the idea of AI vehicles, but I was just stating the general answer that AI wouldn't be implemented as stated by the devs.

Besides that, If they were implemented I can see them abused by trolls; and if they were invisible, there is really no point since people would drive through them. Those were the only two ways of possibly featuring AI vehicles that I know of.

2ltoxg6.jpg

It would take a very long time to sync them for everyone, give them all collisions, make them detect other trucks and this would most likely require a full rewrite of the AI system for the multiplayer which I doubt both developers from ETS2MP and SCS wouldn't want to do..

• Upvote 1

It would take a very long time to sync them for everyone, give them all collisions, make them detect other trucks and this would most likely require a full rewrite of the AI system for the multiplayer which I doubt both developers from ETS2MP and SCS wouldn't want to do..

80% of people don't want it, and I'm one of them

lcuoUWl.gif.2ae879e10f4e499e935acbd4db146289.gif

If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

+1

AI adding are extra things for how they focus on the mod to make it better thats there priority 

Adfing AI is all the way down on that endless list

^ Yes .. That sounds good. :)  Instead of adding AI to take the place, add other elements like car, van, police etc.. driven by some of the admins or reliable players whom you think won't make a mess of it. That way the implemetation would be more realistic and dependable. Really great to know that this will happen in the near future.

• Upvote 1

ONE WORLD - ONE CHAIN - ONE EXPERT       IsdL2TS.gif    -----------------------------------------     InterContinental Express Freights

We had plans about adding AI without collisions soon, anyways i may say we faster implement normal cars for players than add full AI to game (better than this one you can see in SP) :).

So AI without collisions as in we can drive through them? I really don't see the point if that is the case.

The second part however seems nice; implementing normal cars for players.

2ltoxg6.jpg

We had plans about adding AI without collisions soon, anyways i may say we faster implement normal cars for players than add full AI to game (better than this one you can see in SP) :).

I think may be only one server with AI for players who like that and one for player who like to drive alone on the road so they can speeding like they want. I just like to play more realistic simulation game like in real life.

I know for this moment it's hard to implement this, but I think in the future you will find a way to add AI.

Sorry about my bad language, I don't speak werry good english, so I hope you can  understand what I mean to say!

Didn't you make a poll for this o.O? And can't you like sync the AI just like Valve syncs the Bots when playing with other people and bots on a server?

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Want me to answer? Quote my post or use @Ediin!

i think its more difficult on such a big scale,valves bots arent that many at once nor that many players.

also creating new servers isnt the solution cuzz then u see even less ppl on the road..

Didn't you make a poll for this o.O? And can't you like sync the AI just like Valve syncs the Bots when playing with other people and bots on a server?

No, AI is Client side.

Bots however, are Server side. (Meaning the server decides where they are, not the client.)

lkwsmall.png

LKW Logistics GmbH CEO

If my post has helped you out, feel free to like it.

:)

There is no point on adding normal cars for players, since the player base won't make up for it and world will be empty anyway, also its not a GTA as some people think, its a truck simulator ;) Do not change the concept of the game, don't allow people to drive cars.