Suggestion Name: Role Play company

Suggestion Description:Hello all! I think you know what is "Role Play". It's gaming with roles. So, this idea visited me when I played GTA San-Andreas Multiplayer on the Role Play server. There was like a real world, where I was a policeman. So, then I decided to make my own company in ETS 2 MP, and I remembered that server where people played with roles. Someone was a medic, someone was a mayor of the city, someone was a bandit etc. So, I offer to make a Role Play server or a Role Play company and add new commands in chat and maybe make documents for a trailer:

/do - description of the action by third persons (/do Denis has got documents for a trailer in folder)

/me - when man is doing something by himself. (/me pulled documents for a trailer from the folder)
/try - when man tried to do something. (/try opened the folder with documents [Done]/[Not done])
/showlicenses - command to show licenses/documents
/showpassport - command to show passport of the driver.
Thanks for attention, I tried to tell about my idea. Really would like to read your comments.  :)

Any example images:  No.
Why should it be added?: It could become more interesting to play and more realistic (especially in that moment, when someone of  administrators is making a police car).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9
  • Confused 1

I really like your ideas, but just a note the actual police cars will be limited to Game Administrators and anyone higher in authority only.

/do - description of the action by third persons (/do Denis has got documents for a trailer in folder)

That's a simple chat modification sort of like the /me <text> that Twitch has. I agree with that if all it does is modify the chat a little. Example: Aragon is tired.

That's another simple chat modification like before. Again, I agree. Example: Aragon tried to deliver the goods.

/showlicenses - command to show licenses/documents

/showpassport - command to show passport of the driver.

I guess I don't completely understand how that would work, we already have /pinfo <id> which shows the player's name, Session Id, Steam Id, and ETS2MP Id. What more do you want?

As a final sum, I don't really understand how all of what you suggested could be introduced to the multiplayer modification, but I am in favor of some of what you're saying to an extent, such as the chat action command(s). Personal Suggestion: Maybe a notification if someone in your area connects or disconnects? That would be nice, so I could know if there is a spawning truck nearby, and to be cautious. Anyway that's a little off topic, let's see what other people have to say!

Regards,

Aragon.

• Upvote 1

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

There is only one place for role play - and it is not online ;-)

• Upvote 2

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

There is only one place for role play - and it is not online ;-)

Why not? It's fun when you do it with the right people.

My opinion on this matter regarding ETS2MP is that this community isn't really the place for this. You aren't going to find many hardcore RP-ers here.

• Upvote 2

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

oh god i played sa role play few yrs ago.i have to admid i was never ever addicted to a game that hard.i just had too quite playing it :P

but i think its gonna be difficult too find enough people who want too do this and do it correct.its allready difficult too make em follow traffic rules,RP rules ontop might be step too far for them.

• Upvote 2

Absolute NO. This will not work. 99% of the commands that you suggested are straight ripped off from SAMP RP. Closest thing that you will get to roleplay in ETS is creating a company, and using TS3 as your CB radio. It will not work. Hate to say it. As people said before that the cops will be restricted to admins, and admins only. And honestly how often do you see an admin on the streets? Honestly, the only time I've seen them is in a convoy, and maybe a few other times by them self. Adding a new model into the game will just create more lag. And as one stated before it is hard enough to get players to follow basic driving rules, adding rules to roleplay ontop of that is ridiculous. Let alone a lot of the users on Euro Truck doesn't even speak English. And you can't really get out of your car or anything either. 

If you would like to roleplay, get a group of friends in a parking lot and use ** **.

I don't think the community is remotely close to do this. And it will not work.

• Upvote 1

+1, My company is always trying to give us that type of roleplay, and I really love it. I also played in San Andreas Multiplayer in a server called Convoy Trucking, where you could be a trucker, policeman or civilian, even criminal. 

The roles where really nice made, you had your own truck, a place to park it, a crew with more people, and a garaje or basement. You could also carry ilegal loads, and been stopped by policemans, fined or imprisoned. That server was amazing, and I really loved it. 

So I´ll give you a HUGE +1

• Upvote 1

team_team-game-admin.png    TEAM MEMBER SINCE APRIL 2016. SPANISH / ENGLISH IGA TEAM MEMBER.

how to appeal a ban      how to report a user       In-game rules      feedback & contacting upper staff    

I also played in San Andreas Multiplayer in a server called Convoy Trucking

Oh wow Convoy Trucking... I played on Truckmania- we were all hating on CT because they copied the scripts from TM, not sure how true that is though xD. On the other hand I wouldnt say any of the servers are RP, not even light RP.

Anyway to topic. RP like in SA:MP will more or less never fit ETS2MP, by one, the developers wont let regular users have other cars such as police or ambulance. Another thing is you cant go out of your truck meaning the /do commands are restricted to in-cabin stuff such as turning on the ignition. RP most likely doesnt fit a good percentage of the ETS2MP players, it will easely be to complicated and annoying for users in general :/

• Upvote 3

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Want me to answer? Quote my post or use @Ediin!

This will be a different aspect to the game I also used to play a Samp roleplay server and I found it very fun, this would be cool in a few aspects

- If you were to roleplay a crash with another driver

- Also to do with the crash aspect maybe you could do /showinsurance aswell like exchanging insurance details if there is a crash

- Maybe if the admins wanted they could use their police cars to roleplay maybe a pursuit?

and other things +1 from me.

• Upvote 1

Yes This Is A Rainbow, Problem?

^ The game administrators are getting a lot of reports every minute, and I do not think they have time roleplaying it.

I personally like the idea, but they should maybe get out of Alpha before starting on something like this. -Happy Trucking!

• Upvote 2

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback, remember to stay positive.

Retired Support Member @Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

I`m not giving support via private message unless offered,

please use the selection called "help" on the forums.

I think putting some ROLEPLAY to the game will a good improvement; people would care more about doing things wrong and probably if they do, they wouldn´t be "cecause of fun".

I mean, kids would exit the MP because of the high level of ROLEPLAY that players would represent, and more experienced people would join us, So we win in all aspects:

-Kids, rammers, trolls OUT

-Increase the number of serious people who just want to enjoy the game without bothering other´s people game.

-Decrease the admin´s and moderators job.

I don´t know what do you think, but I think that if more ROLEPLAY is applied, we´ll win in all aspects :)

• Upvote 4

team_team-game-admin.png    TEAM MEMBER SINCE APRIL 2016. SPANISH / ENGLISH IGA TEAM MEMBER.

how to appeal a ban      how to report a user       In-game rules      feedback & contacting upper staff    

I also played in San Andreas Multiplayer in a server called Convoy Trucking

I used to play a lot on that server years ago! It was a very cool server, but not really a roleplay one. I remember this cool option where you could overload your truck and if you get caught by another player in a police car you could get fined or arrested. And also the fact you could buy houses and cars was yet another reason to make you want to keep playing!

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone, I know this an old thread but I was seeing some mention of Police Cars. My suggestion is not on role playing however that Admins should roll around in police cars online and be given patrol routes or if they must "fly around" the complete map that the police car ends up on the road and from their do their thing. Its adds a realism element to the whole process and the pluses are the admin can do his job and still be able to drive around and enjoy the sim as well. The player/s who are committing infractions would know they have been tagged!!

Just a suggestion!

LFTT205

Absolute NO. This will not work. 99% of the commands that you suggested are straight ripped off from SAMP RP. Closest thing that you will get to roleplay in ETS is creating a company, and using TS3 as your CB radio. It will not work. Hate to say it. As people said before that the cops will be restricted to admins, and admins only. And honestly how often do you see an admin on the streets? Honestly, the only time I've seen them is in a convoy, and maybe a few other times by them self. Adding a new model into the game will just create more lag. And as one stated before it is hard enough to get players to follow basic driving rules, adding rules to roleplay ontop of that is ridiculous. Let alone a lot of the users on Euro Truck doesn't even speak English. And you can't really get out of your car or anything either. 

If you would like to roleplay, get a group of friends in a parking lot and use ** **.

relax

Oh wow Convoy Trucking... I played on Truckmania- we were all hating on CT because they copied the scripts from TM, not sure how true that is though xD. On the other hand I wouldnt say any of the servers are RP, not even light RP.

So you played on TM - Interesting..

Anyway IMO the fact that both TM and CT are still running is big enough proof that they're both successful.

Back to ETS2MP - I don't believe that RP mode will work on MP because:

a) it will kill part of the game's freedom

and b ) chat will become a  nightmare with all the /do (or however it was) commands

Chill out. It's a suggestion. I agree with you, majority of the players here are too nubs to even understand the concept of RolePlay. But testing it on a small scale with people who do know how RP works, would might be quite interesting.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Would be good to have but how many people will follow the rules and how many people will just go onto a role playing environment just to mess around. A good idea but I can see there will be so much heartache to this especially if griefing happens and it ruins the player base and people stop playing the game on the other hand it could be good.

I would like to see asking others to do a job for you for income in return like an in game jobs board given to and from players.

I like the idea of RP but this is after all a truck sim...this isnt like GTA where you have a whole slew of things you can do....its mainly just trucking, unless you just drive around in cars aimlessly. So I think its a good idea on paper but wont work when you put it in the scope of what game(s) youre trying to get this implemented on

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

Well, good points but I honestly dont think its possible.

You could try to suggest SCS to walk around, leave the truck and stuff.

And TMP could add the ability for other people to enter cars and lock the cars so other people cant enter them. (the character look from profile creation should fit to the body)

This would be an amazing RP point.

+1

Role play is only good when all are willing to role play to. Strict moderation would be needed to be implemented in rp. It's like if TruckersMP and Garry's Mod RP (DarkRP, CityRP, etc.) made a baby, it would be beautiful. Realistic trucking, realistic life, realistic everything. 

76561198136394601.png

// Isaiah Wijesekara | Philippines | Former [ETRVTC] Driver | TMP ID 10832 \\

// [TPH] Truckers Philippines | Member Since November 15, 2014 | TrucksBook \\

image.png.3a469fc6c20225a7608e8705bb8150c5.png|image.png.9dd78c47b8aceb13f4907f4d2d669585.png|image.png.744ced8a4ea99071cd7af3b1892ef168.png|image.png.7e3bb40469f591d1f01db0bb788244ff.png|image.png.2575f58f66623c27724459bd2538fcf1.png|image.png.b185e69ecf1956dd8d073810c550ade5.png|image.png.d2d3099e2a60bcb9e4916e09413dfa8a.png

image.png